Majority of Americans Support 'Significant Steps' To Tackle Climate Change Problem

"The Economy is in the sh*tter so let's raise taxes and them blame Bush some more!" Americans are full-on Retards!

Sixty-five percent of Americans support "the President taking significant steps to address climate change now," including 89 percent of Democrats, 62 percent of independents and 38 percent of Republicans.

Sure would like to see the numbers for how many Americans would support "significant increases in energy prices, taxes, and the price of everything you buy to address climate change now".

4gmbm.jpg

LOL...wut?

Last edited:
And Huffington-green is an independent survey? Nobody supports the green agenda that the president proposes. That's why Huffington is on top of the issue with a fake poll.

Sixty-five percent of Americans support "the President taking significant steps to address climate change now," including 89 percent of Democrats, 62 percent of independents and 38 percent of Republicans.

Sure would like to see the numbers for how many Americans would support "significant increases in energy prices, taxes, and the price of everything you buy to address climate change now".

4gmbm.jpg

LOL...wut?

I guess it depends on what the alternative is. And by that, I mean two things.

The first question is what's the alternative in doing nothing. From everything I've read (and I've read 4 books on global warming), the end result after a few decades will be a disaster for life as we've come to know it. When crops can no longer be grown on a large scale with a reasonable expectation that a large percentage won't die or be destroyed by an increasingly harsh climate of tomorrow, people will find their attention refocused from the frivolous interests of today to more important matters like survival. But by then, it will be too late to do anything since carbon affects the warming of the climate for about a hundred years after its initial release.

And the second question is there any reasonable chance of finding and pursuing alternative forms of energy for a variety of uses. Obviously, there is since other countries are doing it. I certainly don't expect petroleum usage to disappear. But it doesn't have to be used for every type of power generation. And burning coal for electrical generation can be phased out in favor of nuclear power.

I'd rather misspell a word than fall for the crap some of you do..

What crap would that be? I certainly didn't fall for the kind of crap that the tobacco industry tried to serve up to the public many years ago when they paid their own 'experts' to miraculously discover that there was no definitive causal link between smoking and lung cancer and other lung diseases. I mean, for crying' out loud, cigarettes had a damn filter on them that turned increasingly darker the more you smoked a cigarette. How was that tar supposed to be good for breathing when it ended up coating your lungs over the course of years. Yet, the tobacco companies NEVER admitted any link. And why? Money, of course.

Likewise, an educated and reasonably skeptical person should be suspicious when an industry like oil and gas multinational corporations with hundreds of times the financial wherewithal and the political clout of the tobacco companies releases 'studies' dismissing (or at least seriously questioning) the validity of climate change scientists' decades of research when there are hundreds of billions of dollars at stake for all of them.

Yet, conservatives keep buying the corporate line that there can't possibly be any link between human activity and climate change like fish continue to bite on lures that aren't even real flies and are therefore not even edible even if they catch them.

Scientists should study conservative gullibility. There's a wonder worth investigating and understanding.

right, the oil and gas and coal companies are in favor of polluting the earth, they hate the planet and everything on it----------are you really that f-ing stupid? Energy companies consist of PEOPLE, just like you and me.

the demonization of companies that produce the energy that makes our civilization operate is just crazy.

Let's not make any group of people engaged in commerce and the human activity necessary to generate large sums of money in the process of that commerce into some kind of saints simply because they share the same planet with the rest of us. Their motives aren't altruistic any more than most other people. And, in fact, they have plenty of motives to minimize any worries about the effects of pumping increasing amounts of megatons of carbon into the atmosphere. It might be different if the average human lifespan was about 500 years since they would be around for about another 400 years to see the effects of what's being done today.

Forum List

Back