Malthusian Theory of Population.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
Malthus believed that the population will continue to outrun the growth of resources. He looked at the economy in a pessimistic manner and viewed poverty as unavoidable. His opinions were coloured by the increased population growth in England. He assumed that the growth would be disastrous and he should warn the fellow-countrymen about the state of the economy due to the population growth.

Population and Food Supply​

Malthus stated that the population grows through geometric progression. The geometric progression is an order of numbers (excluding zero) wherein each number after the first is multiplied by the previous one by a fixed number (excluding zero) called the common ratio. For example, 2,4,8,16 is a geometric progression with 2 being the common ratio.

According to him, resource production increases by arithmetic progression. An arithmetic progression is an order of numbers in which the difference between the consecutive numbers is the same. For example, 3,6,9 is an arithmetic progression with the common difference being 3.

From this, Malthus concluded that population growth will be faster than resource production. The growth can lead to a reduction in the food supply.

Population Controls​

Malthus gave two types of ‘checks’ that prevent population growth based on resource supply. >>>>>

Interesting.

basq and I were having a discussion last night about this in Sue's Covid thread, and I remember a while ago, a short video clip, from one of the author's of, "Limit's to Growth," one of the Club of Rome's founding books, which all of this Covid and world government madness is organized around.

I reprint the post here for you. I think you will like the video clip.

"Ah, here it is. I was wrong, he co-authored the book that a lot of this insanity is based on.

220px-Dennis_Meadows%2C_2012_%28cropped%29.jpg

Dennis Lynn Meadows

"

• Banned
Interesting.

basq and I were having a discussion last night about this in Sue's Covid thread, and I remember a while ago, a short video clip, from one of the author's of, "Limit's to Growth," one of the Club of Rome's founding books, which all of this Covid and world government madness is organized around.

I reprint the post here for you. I think you will like the video clip.

"Ah, here it is. I was wrong, he co-authored the book that a lot of this insanity is based on.

220px-Dennis_Meadows%2C_2012_%28cropped%29.jpg

Dennis Lynn Meadows

"

Thanks.

Forum List

Back