Manafort on house arrest until July.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Judge: Manafort could spend 'the rest of his life in prison'

Ellis, based in Alexandria, Va., is presiding over a new indictment filed against Manafort that accuses him of bank fraud and tax evasion. He said Manafort is a flight risk because of the severity of the allegations and ordered him to remain under house arrest.

Manafort is under a “24-hour-a-day lockdown” at his home in Alexandria. He is allowed out of his home for court appearances, medical appointments and emergencies.
----------------------------

It was reported he has to notify 48 hours in advance if he wants to leave his house.

This was Donald Trump's campaign manager who got the GOP Platformed changed to favor Russia.

And the fact this is from Virginia means Trump can't pardon him. This is outside of a federal court.

The guy will sing or die in prison. Which do you think he'll do?

He's almost certainly going to spend the rest of his life in prison
That's ridiculous how will the government get their tax money back that way? he will do some time and then probation and he will have to pay back taxes and penalties....it's not murder dude! jeeez...lol

He's almost certainly going to spend the rest of his life in prison
That's ridiculous how will the government get their tax money back that way? he will do some time and then probation and he will have to pay back taxes and penalties....it's not murder dude! jeeez...lol

Manafort is facing charges in two different district courts, for 23 counts - mostly tax related.

If both judges give him the maximum sentences on all counts, he'll be sentenced to 305 years in prison. If they both go easy on him, he'll be sentenced to 30-40 years.

Do you think he'll live much longer than that?

That's what you're going to hang your hat on?

You understand that the case against him is fairly ironclad, right?
In 99% of white collar cases involving tax fraud many charges get dropped for one reason or another mostly related to time and provability...don't go off half cocked doc....it's early in this case way early...
Besides there is no way Trump lets the witch hunt put Manafort in prison...

That's what you're going to hang your hat on?

You understand that the case against him is fairly ironclad, right?
In 99% of white collar cases involving tax fraud many charges get dropped for one reason or another mostly related to time and provability...don't go off half cocked doc....it's early in this case way early...

:lol:

I'm quoting the Judge.

"Given the nature of the charges against the defendant and the apparent weight of the evidence against him, defendant faces the very real possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison," federal judge T.S. Ellis III of the US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia wrote Tuesday.

Paul Manafort faces 305 years - CNNPolitics

I quoted T.S. Ellis III, the Judge overseeing Manafort's trial in Virginia.

Does a Fox link make you feel better?
So the judge presiding over the case has said Manafort will be going to jail for life? Give it up....read your whole stupid fake news link doc....

I quoted T.S. Ellis III, the Judge overseeing Manafort's trial in Virginia.

Does a Fox link make you feel better?
So the judge presiding over the case has said Manafort will be going to jail for life? Give it up....read your whole stupid fake news link doc....

No, the judge said "[the] defendant faces the very real possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison."

Gates has already pled guilty, and will almost certainly flip on Manafort for a reduced sentence.

I don't know why you're so intent on defending Manafort. I guess it's just the (R) next to his name?

No, the judge said "[the] defendant faces the very real possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison."
well you are wrong but lets say he is the presiding judge and he did say that... if he did he will be removed from the case before you wake up tomorrow......

Gates has already pled guilty, and will almost certainly flip on Manafort for a reduced sentence.

I don't know why you're so intent on defending Manafort. I guess it's just the (R) next to his name?
Key democrat words...almost certainly

well you are wrong but lets say he is the presiding judge and he did say that... if he did he will be removed from the case before you wake up tomorrow......

Do you take pleasure in willful ignorance?

Here's a link to the court order in which the Judge made that statement. It's right there on the second page.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000162-1fd9-d21f-abe7-dfddfb060001

Forum List

Back