Manning Sentence

Army lookin' into Manning suicide attempt...
confused.gif

ACLU: Army Investigating Manning after Suicide Attempt
Jul 29, 2016 -- The transgender soldier imprisoned in Kansas for sending classified information to the anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks now faces possible punishment for offenses stemming from a suicide attempt, a civil rights group said Thursday.
The American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement that Chelsea Manning, 28, received a document from Army officials Thursday saying she's being investigated for "administrative offenses," including "conduct which threatens," related to her July 5 suicide attempt at the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, where she's serving a 35-year sentence. Manning's lawyers have not detailed how she tried to kill herself. It's also unclear how the alleged offenses under investigation by the Army relate to the suicide attempt. An Army spokesman didn't immediately respond to an email Thursday seeking comment.

The ACLU said if Manning is convicted of the offenses, she could be placed in indefinite solitary confinement. "It is deeply troubling that Chelsea is now being subjected to an investigation and possible punishment for her attempt to take her life," ACLU staff attorney Chase Strangio said in the statement. "The government has long been aware of Chelsea's distress associated with the denial of medical care related to her gender transition and yet delayed and denied the treatment recognized as necessary."

The ACLU said it hopes the investigation ends immediately and Manning is given "the health care that she needs to recover." Manning, arrested as Bradley Manning, was convicted in 2013 in military court of six Espionage Act violations and 14 other offenses for leaking more than 700,000 secret military and State Department documents, plus some battlefield video. Manning, who was an intelligence analyst in Iraq at the time, later filed a transgender prisoner rights lawsuit.

Manning has appealed the criminal case, arguing that her sentence was "grossly unfair" and that her actions were those of a naive, troubled soldier who aimed to reveal the toll of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The appeal contends Manning's disclosures harmed no one, but prosecutors have said the leaked material damaged U.S. security and identified informants who helped U.S. forces.

ACLU: Army Investigating Manning after Suicide Attempt | Military.com

She needs help, help's what she needs...
confused.gif

3 years after conviction, Pentagon still wreaking revenge on Pfc Manning
Saturday 10th September, 2016 - Brad Manning, the U.S. soldier convicted of leaking classified military documents to WikiLeaks, and now serving 35 years in prison is still being persecuted by the U.S. government.
The young private who was born male but identifies as female and who now goes under the name of Chelsea Manning has been subjected to what she says is inhumane treatment since being incarcerated well before her conviction. Manning, as a result, attempted to commit suicide a few weeks ago on July 5. She was hospitalised for 24 hours after being found unconscious in her cell. In response to the military's indifference to her situation, Manning has now gone on a hunger strike, which she says she will maintain even if it leads to her death. Last month the Pentagon said it was considering charging the young private with misconduct over her attempt to take her own life. If the misconduct is proved, Manning could face indefinite solitary confinement, and/or reclassification for maximum security confinement, and/or could have her sentence of 35 years extended by nine years.

Following her sentencing, Manning requested the U.S. government give her treatment for her gender dysphoria. It refused. Manning then filed a lawsuit in September 2014, arguing to obtain a raft of treatments. As a result, she began hormone therapy in February last year. However, according to Manning's representatives, the military has been making her cut her hair to the male length and grooming standards. As part of her treatment, her doctors recommended that she follow the military prison’s female hair grooming standards. In September of 2015 she amended her lawsuit, asking that the government allow her to grow her hair. The government’s response in December 2015 was “no.” The case is still active before a DC District court judge. Nothwithstanding her gender, Manning is imprisoned at the United States Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, which is an all-male facility.

“I need help. I am not getting any. I have asked for help time and time again for six years and through five separate confinement locations. My request has only been ignored, delayed, mocked, given trinkets and lip service by the prison, the military, and this administration,” Manning said in a statement released on Friday. “I need help. I needed help earlier this year. I was driven to suicide by the lack of care for my gender dysphoria that I have been desperate for. I didn’t get any. I still haven’t gotten any.” “I needed help. Yet, instead I am now being punished for surviving my attempt. When I was a child, my father would beat me repeatedly for simply not being masculine enough. I was told to stop crying, to “suck it up.” But, I couldn’t stop crying. The pain just got worse and worse. Until finally, I just couldn’t take the pain anymore,” said Manning. “I needed help, but no one came then. No one is coming now.”

“Today, I have decided that I am no longer going to be bullied by this prison, or by anyone within the U.S. government. I have asked for nothing but the dignity and respect that I once actually believed would be provided for and afforded to any living human being,” the young private said. “I do not believe that this should be dependent on any arbitrary factors, whether you are cisgender or transgender; service member or civilian, citizen or non-citizen. In response to virtually every request, I have been granted limited, if any, dignity and respect, just more pain and anguish.” “I am no longer asking. Now, I am demanding. As of 12:01 am Central Daylight Time on September 9, 2016, and until I am given minimum standards of dignity, respect, and humanity, I shall refuse to voluntarily cut or shorten my hair in any way; consume any food or drink voluntarily, except for water and currently prescribed medications; and comply with all rules, regulations, laws, and orders that are not related to the two things I have mentioned,” Manning said.

“This is a peaceful act. I intend to keep it as peaceful and non-violent, on my end, as possible. Any physical harm that should come to me at the hands of military or civilian staff will be unnecessary and vindictive. I will not physically resist or in any way harm another person. I have also submitted a “do not resuscitate” letter that is effective immediately. This shall include any attempts to forcibly cut or shorten my hair or to forcibly feed me by any medical or pseudo-medical means.” “Until I am shown dignity and respect as a human again, I shall endure this pain before me. I am prepared for this mentally and emotionally. I expect that this ordeal will last for a long time. Quite possibly until my permanent incapacitation or death. I am ready for this,” said Manning. “I need help. Please, give me help.”

MORE

Army lookin' into Manning suicide attempt...
confused.gif

ACLU: Army Investigating Manning after Suicide Attempt
Jul 29, 2016 -- The transgender soldier imprisoned in Kansas for sending classified information to the anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks now faces possible punishment for offenses stemming from a suicide attempt, a civil rights group said Thursday.
The American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement that Chelsea Manning, 28, received a document from Army officials Thursday saying she's being investigated for "administrative offenses," including "conduct which threatens," related to her July 5 suicide attempt at the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, where she's serving a 35-year sentence. Manning's lawyers have not detailed how she tried to kill herself. It's also unclear how the alleged offenses under investigation by the Army relate to the suicide attempt. An Army spokesman didn't immediately respond to an email Thursday seeking comment.

The ACLU said if Manning is convicted of the offenses, she could be placed in indefinite solitary confinement. "It is deeply troubling that Chelsea is now being subjected to an investigation and possible punishment for her attempt to take her life," ACLU staff attorney Chase Strangio said in the statement. "The government has long been aware of Chelsea's distress associated with the denial of medical care related to her gender transition and yet delayed and denied the treatment recognized as necessary."

The ACLU said it hopes the investigation ends immediately and Manning is given "the health care that she needs to recover." Manning, arrested as Bradley Manning, was convicted in 2013 in military court of six Espionage Act violations and 14 other offenses for leaking more than 700,000 secret military and State Department documents, plus some battlefield video. Manning, who was an intelligence analyst in Iraq at the time, later filed a transgender prisoner rights lawsuit.

Manning has appealed the criminal case, arguing that her sentence was "grossly unfair" and that her actions were those of a naive, troubled soldier who aimed to reveal the toll of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The appeal contends Manning's disclosures harmed no one, but prosecutors have said the leaked material damaged U.S. security and identified informants who helped U.S. forces.

ACLU: Army Investigating Manning after Suicide Attempt | Military.com

It is a shame that IT is still alive.

Hey, Ed Snowden, ya following this case? This is what we do with people who turn over defense secrets and details of our security systems to our adversaries.

Manning is one flight too many over the koo koos nest, but he is a brave young whatever for exposing the murders of innocents.

Murder is not patriotic or loyal. You don't just kill becasue you have power.

Its not a damn Intendo for dummies game its real life and not funny when its taken un-nessasarily.

Hey, Ed Snowden, ya following this case? This is what we do with people who turn over defense secrets and details of our security systems to our adversaries.
We grant every secret degenerate desire they have.

Bradley/Chelsea Manning on hunger strike to protest treatment...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Chelsea Manning Starts Hunger Strike to Protest Treatment
Sep 12, 2016 — A transgender soldier imprisoned in Kansas for leaking classified information to the WikiLeaks website says she is on a hunger strike until her treatment improves.
Chelsea Manning says she began the hunger strike Friday because her pleas for better treatment at Fort Leavenworth have been ignored. She says she will not voluntarily consume anything except water and prescription medication.

In the statement supplied by her ACLU attorney, Manning says the hunger strike will continue until she receives the "minimum standards of dignity, respect and humanity" and she is prepared for the possibility of dying.

Manning, arrested as Bradley Manning, was convicted in 2013 in military court of leaking more than 700,000 secret military and State Department documents. Army spokesman Wayne Hall said Friday he was looking into the situation.

Chelsea Manning Starts Hunger Strike to Protest Treatment | Military.com

Uncle Ferd says she gonna be sorry when she starts sufferin' from penile envy...

Chelsea Manning ends hunger strike after US Army agrees to gender surgery
Wed, 14 Sep 2016 - Wikileaks leaker Chelsea Manning says she has ended a hunger strike because the US Army has agreed to provide her with a gender surgery.
Psychologists recommended in April that she should receive the treatment, commonly known as a sex change. The move comes after the US military in July lifted a ban on transgender people in the armed forces. The 28-year-old was convicted in 2013 of leaking secret documents. "I am unendingly relieved that the military is finally doing the right thing. I applaud them for that. This is all that I wanted - for them to let me be me," Ms Manning said in a statement. The US Army has so far declined to comment.

But the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which represented Ms Manning, confirmed that she would be provided with medical treatment. ACLU lawyer Chase Strangio, said: "This is a monumental day for Chelsea, who can now enjoy some peace knowing that critically needed medical care is forthcoming. "Thankfully the government has recognised its constitutional obligation to provide Chelsea with the medical care that she needs."

Chelsea Manning began her hunger strike on Friday, saying she was being bullied by the US government and denied treatment for gender dysphoria - the sense of one's gender being at odds with one's sex at birth. In July she attempted suicide over the lack of treatment. She will now be treated under the US military's new transgender policy, which also allows troops to transition gender while serving and aims to set standards for medical care.

However her campaign team said she could still face being put in solitary confinement as punishment for having tried to commit suicide. Ms Manning, who was arrested as Bradley Manning, is serving a 35-year sentence at the all-male Fort Leavenworth military facility in Kansas. She was convicted in a military court of leaking more than 700,000 secret files to Wikileaks after having worked as an intelligence analyst in Iraq. Shortly afterwards she announced she would start living as a woman.

Chelsea Manning ends hunger strike after US Army agrees to gender surgery - BBC News

You can't blame the insane, you have to blame the society for the insanity. Its cosmetic surgery anyway you look at it. Jenner is already regretting the self mutilation of his body as are many more.

Manning gets solitary for suicide attempt...
icon16.gif

Chelsea Manning sentenced to solitary confinement for suicide attempt
Fri, 23 Sep 2016 - A military prison disciplinary board has sentenced US whistleblower Chelsea Manning to 14 days in solitary confinement, her lawyer has said.
She will serve seven days, with another seven suspended, for charges relating to her attempt to kill herself in July. She ended a hunger strike last week, after the military agreed to provide her with gender dysmorphia treatment. The army private, born as Bradley Manning, is serving a 35-year sentence for espionage. Last July, the former intelligence analyst attempted to take her own life, after what lawyers said was the Army's refusal to provide appropriate health care.

She was found guilty on Thursday by prison officials in Leavenworth, Kansas, of "conduct which threatens" for her suicide attempt. She also was convicted of having "prohibited property" - the book "Hacker, Hoaxer, Whistleblower, Spy" by Gabriella Coleman. "My punishment is 14 days in solitary confinement. 7 of those days are 'suspended.' If I get in trouble in the next six months, those seven days will come back," Manning wrote in a statement released by her supporters. "I am feeling hurt. I am feeling lonely. I am embarrassed by the decision. I don't know how to explain it," she added.

Manning was sentenced to 35 years in prison in 2013, after being found guilty of espionage for her role in leaking diplomatic cables and battlefield reports to Wikileaks, the anti-secrecy group. The leak of more than 700,000 documents and videos was one of the largest breaches of classified material in American history.

Chelsea Manning sentenced to solitary confinement for suicide attempt - BBC News

You can't blame the insane, you have to blame the society for the insanity. Its cosmetic surgery anyway you look at it. Jenner is already regretting the self mutilation of his body as are many more.
Jenner never mutilated his body. He is still a fully functioning male.

Mebbe s/he finally realized it's not gonna lessen his/her sentence...
confused.gif

Chelsea Manning Makes Second Suicide Attempt in Prison
Nov 06, 2016 - Imprisoned transgender U.S. soldier Chelsea Manning tried to commit suicide last month while serving time in solitary confinement after a first attempt in July, her representatives said Friday.
Manning, a former Army intelligence analyst sentenced to 35 years in prison for handing classified documents to anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks, tried to kill herself on October 4, according to a statement she dictated to supporters by phone 11 days later and released by The New York Times. American Civil Liberties Union rights group attorney Chase Strangio confirmed the attempt on Twitter. "After her July suicide attempt, I watched her begin to piece her life and spirit back together only to have that shattered by the disciplinary proceedings brought against her and then the unannounced initiation of her term of punishment last month," Strangio said.

chelsea-manning-c-was-sentenced-35-years-prison-sending-hundreds.jpeg

Chelsea Manning, center, attempted suicide for a second time on Oct 4.​

Manning's four-page statement, addressed to the inspector general of the intelligence community, indicates she attempted to commit suicide on the evening she was placed in solitary without prior notice. She was later placed on suicide watch in a special housing area. Much of the statement described strange events that she said took place on the night of October 10, less than a week after the suicide attempt. These included a simulated attack on the prison and a mock rescue attempt, in which she refused to participate. The events could not immediately be independently verified. Manning, 28, who was previously known as Bradley, was convicted in 2013.

Manning ended a five-day hunger strike in September after the Army agreed to provide surgery to treat her gender dysphoria. She was arrested in 2010 while serving as an intelligence analyst at a U.S. base near Baghdad after sending 700,000 documents -- military war logs and U.S. diplomatic cables -- to WikiLeaks. Manning has repeatedly decried her treatment at a men's military prison in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. The soldier has been hailed by supporters as a hero for exposing what they see as U.S. abuses in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but denounced by prosecutors as a traitor who put country and comrades at risk.

Chelsea Manning Makes Second Suicide Attempt in Prison | Military.com

Forum List

Back