"Mark you fucking legend" Mark Cavendish sets Tour de France Stage wins record

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I've seen every one of them as a cycling fan, and the first thing I heard watching this on Peacock live was someone saying "Mark you fucking legend!" when he pulled to a stop, which the announcer apolgizes for, but why? It's true. He has beaten the greatest rider of all time for stage wins, Eddy Merckx.

It's not even close who is a better rider, Merckx is, Merckx won many mountain stages too, Cav can barely finish them. He is a pure sprinter. But this is an impressive record to hold alone (it's actually been a few years since Cav has won a stage in the TDF)

449493413_902567815247193_217350173529361387_n.jpg

Mark Cavendish has created history, overtaking Eddy Merckx as the record-holder for Tour de France stage victories after securing his 35th win when triumphing on stage five of this year’s race.

Cavendish outpaced his rivals on the 177.5km stage and duly sealed the milestone in an incredible career.

Among his many achievements, Cavendish has also won two green Tour de France points jerseys, a Rio 2016 Olympic silver omnium medal and the 2011 road world championship rainbow jersey. The 39-year-old will be hoping for more prior to retiring from the sport at the end of the season, something he confirmed would be the case during last month’s Giro d’Italia.

Last edited:
I've seen every one of them as a cycling fan, and the first thing I heard watching this on Peacock live was someone saying "Mark you fucking legend!" when he pulled to a stop, which the announcer apolgizes for, but why? It's true. He has beaten the greatest rider of all time for stage wins, Eddy Merckx.

It's not even close who is a better rider, Merckx is, Merckx won many mountain stages too, Cav can barely finish them. He is a pure sprinter. But this is an impressive record to hold alone (it's actually been a few years since Cav has won a stage in the TDF)

View attachment 970947

Mark Cavendish has created history, overtaking Eddy Merckx as the record-holder for Tour de France stage victories after securing his 35th win when triumphing on stage five of this year’s race.

Cavendish outpaced his rivals on the 177.5km stage and duly sealed the milestone in an incredible career.

Among his many achievements, Cavendish has also won two green Tour de France points jerseys, a Rio 2016 Olympic silver omnium medal and the 2011 road world championship rainbow jersey. The 39-year-old will be hoping for more prior to retiring from the sport at the end of the season, something he confirmed would be the case during last month’s Giro d’Italia.

The Sea Otter Classic, held annually in Monterey, California, is one of the largest cycling events in North America. This four-day festival features a variety of e-bike races and demos, including the eMTB Challenge.

No, this was not the Sea Otter Classic’s pro short-track XC race — it was the electric mountain-bike cross-country race. Say what you will about e-bikes, and whether they belong in the realm of competitive cycling. This bicycle race was a blast — just as fun as a race on a traditional human-powered rig. Sure, the bicycle I raced had a 250-watt motor. But I am here to tell you that this race was damn hard.

Forum List

Back