Marsha Blackburn: "Save the Incandescent Lightbulb!"

Just for anyone who wants a good laugh

Save The Incandescent Light Bulb U.S. Congressman Marsha Blackburn

House Rep Marsha Blackburn (TN) is sponsoring a bill (HR 91) to save the incandescent lightbulb.....

Really, this is real. She believes Obama's energy standards are going to lead to the incandescent lightbulb disappearing and not being available to middle class Americans. She lists this as one of her top 7 priorities for her current term in Congress.

What's up for next year Marsha? "Save the Fax Machine"? "Save the Dial-up Modem"? "Save the Pay Phone"?
Anybody with half a brain KNOWS the new bulbs contain Mercury. So while saving energy they are toxic for land fills and life as we know it.

We did NOT have that problem with the old bulbs. So you are saving a penny a month and killing the planet. That makes YOU the fool.

Only the one that have mercury are the fluorescent ones, and despite the fact that their output is much higher than standard fluorescent bulbs, they use far less mercury, and last far longer. So the amount of mercury going into the environment is far less from these bulks than what we have been using for 75 years. But then, you republicunts have never cared about the environment before, so why now?
yep. I thought i had seen it all but a Rightie caring about the environment? Thats a new one. Must be some short-term political gain in it no doubt ;)

Anybody with half a brain KNOWS the new bulbs contain Mercury. So while saving energy they are toxic for land fills and life as we know it.

We did NOT have that problem with the old bulbs. So you are saving a penny a month and killing the planet. That makes YOU the fool.

Only the one that have mercury are the fluorescent ones, and despite the fact that their output is much higher than standard fluorescent bulbs, they use far less mercury, and last far longer. So the amount of mercury going into the environment is far less from these bulks than what we have been using for 75 years. But then, you republicunts have never cared about the environment before, so why now?

^Plus. There are recycle stations. And the people too stupid to know how to find them were accounted for in statistics. (that's you OP ;) )
You expect me to drive across town or maybe the county to get rid of a light bulb? Take your time with that question.

Most cities have hazardous waste pick up times. Considering how much you save in energy, I think you can spend a few minutes dropping them off on your way to the spa.

The EPA apparently believes my time is worth $0.12/hr.

That's very generous, considering.

House Rep Marsha Blackburn (TN) is sponsoring a bill (HR 91) to save the incandescent lightbulb.....

Really, this is real. She believes Obama's energy standards are going to lead to the incandescent lightbulb disappearing and not being available to middle class Americans. She lists this as one of her top 7 priorities for her current term in Congress.

What's up for next year Marsha? "Save the Fax Machine"? "Save the Dial-up Modem"? "Save the Pay Phone"?

BINGO.

It's a win-win on all sides.

Dorkyfuzzlenutz-IQ-214 is just frothing, that's all.
It's what frothers do, quite instinctively.

yep. I thought i had seen it all but a Rightie caring about the environment? Thats a new one. Must be some short-term political gain in it no doubt ;)
Conservatives actually care about the environment. Liberals claim they do and then adopt policies that do the opposite. Recall that ethanol was a liberal cause.

BINGO.

It's a win-win on all sides.

Dorkyfuzzlenutz-IQ-214 is just frothing, that's all.
It's what frothers do, quite instinctively.
You understand his post didnt respond to what he thought he was responding to, right hackfresse?

Conservatives actually care about the environment. Liberals claim they do and then adopt policies that do the opposite. Recall that ethanol was a liberal cause.

Ethanol is mostly produced in red states.

Thank you , captain irrelevant.

I've been stocking up on the old incandescent bulbs whenever I can; solely because these new ones cost way too damn much. $15 for a LED indoor floodlamp? I don't think so, folks. No way in hell I'm paying that sort of money for a lightbulb that I bought for $1.85 a year ago (different fixture).

Their mercury content is miniscule. The worst mercury polluters are coal burning electricity plants.

You made a double stupid. First that ethanol is a bad thing, second that it is a liberal thing.

I've been stocking up on the old incandescent bulbs whenever I can; solely because these new ones cost way too damn much. $15 for a LED indoor floodlamp? I don't think so, folks. No way in hell I'm paying that sort of money for a lightbulb that I bought for $1.85 a year ago (different fixture).

CFL's last 8,000 - 15,000 hours. Incandescent's last 750 - 1,000 hours.

CFL's last 8,000 - 15,000 hours. Incandescent's last 750 - 1,000 hours.

I haven't lived in any residence for longer than four years. So how does that help me?

You made a double stupid. First that ethanol is a bad thing, second that it is a liberal thing.
Actually both points are true, dum-dum.

I love it when a liberal starts a thread and then gets his ass pwned.

Lol, I fail to see how that is occurring. Live in your fantasy world where incandescent lightbulbs need saving if you want to. The rest of the world will move on.

Oh my, the Right is concerned with pollution.
I hate the new bulbs. I feel like I'm in a hospital or school. You can still get old lightbulb. They are industrial quality and they are awesome.

Forum List

Back