Matthews: With Trump, Pennsylvania in play...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Need some new polling...but this certainly doesn't surprise me.

Trump PA.png

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Clinton

-------------------------

2 Days Ago, January 16, 2016

MSNBC's Chris Matthews said there are Reagan Democrats across the country that are just "waiting" to vote for Donald Trump. Matthews even conceded his home state of Pennsylvania, once a swing state that has consistently voted Democratic in the last several election cycles, is "in play" if Trump is the Republican nominee for president.

Chris Matthews: "There Are Reagan Democrats Waiting To Vote For Trump," Pennsylvania Is In Play

Video @ link.​

Chris "Thrill Up His Leg" Matthews doesn't agree. Not exactly a far right pundit making this assessment. What polling there is seems to back him up.

I understand why you want to believe he is wrong...if the Dems lose PA, it's over before it starts...but wishing doesn't make it so.

Chris "Thrill Up His Leg" Matthews doesn't agree. Not exactly a far right pundit making this assessment. What polling there is seems to back him up.

I understand why you want to believe he is wrong...if the Dems lose PA, it's over before it starts...but wishing doesn't make it so.

Trump thinks people make too much money. "Wages are too high", doesn't like war heroes, "I like people who do not get captured", and belittles those with muscular disease. I'm amazed that so many find him so appealing but then again, there is always a market for professional wrestling.

When it comes time to vote, Trump will not win Pennsylvania. There are too many educated persons in that state. He'll do well in places like Texas and Alabama.

Trump PA.png

As long as Rubio et al get the nomination, the GOP is fine.
As long as Rubio gets the GOP nomination, the DEMOCRATS are fine, that is what you really mean!

If Rubio got the nomination, then the Democrats would win, even if they lost as far as all those nice departments remaining in Washington DC for the next Democratic President to use when he/she gets elected.

Nope, elect an outsider, and all those (or most) of those departments are going away, and all the lefties who work in them are going to be (gasp) looking for a job!

As long as Rubio gets the GOP nomination, the DEMOCRATS are fine, that is what you really mean!

If Rubio got the nomination, then the Democrats would win, even if they lost as far as all those nice departments remaining in Washington DC for the next Democratic President to use when he/she gets elected.

Nope, elect an outsider, and all those (or most) of those departments are going away, and all the lefties who work in them are going to be (gasp) looking for a job!

Wrong. If the GOP nominates Rubio, you'll have a General Election battle and a close race. Nominate Trump or Cruz, Hillary walks into the White House without breaking a sweat.

Translation: Rubio scares the crap out of the far right. He can beat the Dems, Trump and Cruz can't, even though they are Washington insiders themselves.

Pennsylvania, for the most part, is the land of moderates so don't bet on it.

Forum List

Back