may seem shocking but I actually feel sorry for Alex Murdaugh, convicted murderer

You've become aware of what 'social' responsibility means and now that's in your mind, you're going to have to make your religious beliefs fill the bill.

Just stating that you feel sorry for him has affirmed that. It's made you a better Christian but you don't understand just how much better it has made you!

Don't worry or be concerned. It's consistent with your Christian teaching!

~brought to you courtesy of 'atheism incorporated'!
I still don't get what you are saying. BTW you may want to remember that sarcasm (assuming there is any here) is not always easily discernible on the web... just saying

I am sorry M was not "Christianized"

I am sorry his life went off the rails because he didn't realize how bad it is to LIE and steal. Yes, you could say all people have a conscience. But I don't know about that. A conscience has to be developed. That's where the Catholic faith comes in. I have a conscience largely because of the Catholic faith. God knows where I'd be if I had not been raised Catholic, even though I kind of wasn't.. we just went to Mass on Sunday (and it was a novus ordo Mass!). The rest of the week it was like Jesus never existed... or something. But still, I learned about Jesus from being Catholic and then later I had this interesting conversion experience.

I am sorry M didn't have that, apparently. I still don't know this for sure but no one has mentioned him going to church as a kid or whatever..

Just the same, he is right where he belongs. Society has to be protected from lawless people

I still don't get what you are saying. BTW you may want to remember that sarcasm (assuming there is any here) is not always easily discernible on the web... just saying
There's no sarcasm in what I've said to you. You feeling sorry for Alex is a demonstration that you are heeding the teaching of your bibles.

You can only try to take back what you've said.
I'm getting the impression that you would very much like to walk it back.

I'm going to allow you to have the last word on this. If you want to use that as another chance to say you don't understand me then that's your choice. My gift to you is in not responding.

There's no sarcasm in what I've said to you. You feeling sorry for Alex is a demonstration that you are heeding the teaching of your bibles.

You can only try to take back what you've said.
I'm getting the impression that you would very much like to walk it back.

I'm going to allow you to have the last word on this. If you want to use that as another chance to say you don't understand me then that's your choice. My gift to you is in not responding.
I guess you are referring to my post #19?

anyhow, it is possible to feel empathy for someone while at the same time realizing society needs to be protected from lawless people. He is a human being and so it is not hard to empathize even though I don't u/stand what he did...

Forum List

Back