MCAS

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
It's that time of year again. This time it's MCAS make up exams in Math, ELA, and Bio. Some students have a real hard time with such tests because they don't understand the material well, have test anxiety, or are early level English language learners. I am teaching a few after school classes for students who will need to take one or all of these again. Some groups are trying to get the test removed as a graduation requirement. Full circle.

Education is progressing (regressing actually) faster than we can clean up the messes created by it. :(

The problem with education isn't what one is taught but what one isn't taught. Of course, the caveat is that what one needs to know cannot be taught, it must be learned.

The problem with education isn't what one is taught but what one isn't taught. Of course, the caveat is that what one needs to know cannot be taught, it must be learned.
Who's on first?

Every dumbass you graduate who can't make simple change even with the help of a point of sales system.

I spent years dealing with the dumbasses because many of them joined the army, and couldn't do simple math, couldn't write a simple sentence, or know basic historical facts.
Ridiculously illogical, even for you.

Yup, you teach to that test, buddy.
The after school classes I am teaching are specifically for students who need to retake the test, dumbass. Like a tutoring session for that particular reason. Go comment on something you know the first thing about, if there is any.

The after school classes I am teaching are specifically for students who need to retake the test, dumbass. Like a tutoring session for that particular reason. Go comment on something you know the first thing about, if there is any.
So you are going to have to do it again because you didn't get it right the first time, and you think you deserve praise?

So you are going to have to do it again because you didn't get it right the first time, and you think you deserve praise?
And you go out of your way to make a fool of yourself yet again. These are not students from my classes. They just happen to be students in the school. It's a very big school. And "get it right" has nothing to do with it. You are truly an idiot.

Just found out yesterday that I will be proctoring the next round of MCAS when it comes around. Nothing more boring in this world. Time slows to a crawl and the students have to be given as much time as they need to complete the test so you’re just stuck there. It’s easy enough but tremendously boring.

Forum List

Back