🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McCain on gerrymandering: "wasted votes, silenced voices and hidden power"

These days no one is a "non-partisan". Some side will try to take advantage, and that would probably be progressives, as they have no qualms about gaming systems.

here's an example about WHO gained by "gaming the system"......

In 2012 Obama won Wisconsin with an overwhelming majority......YET, democrats did not gain one seat in the House, PRECISELY because of that state's clever gerrymandering by republicans.

We learned from the Dems.

Some gerrymandered districts are now resembling Rorschach inkblots (by both parties, mind you)

imrs.php

"Elections have consequences"

Gerrymandering: Dems LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEED it in the 70's and now hate it after they got Schlonged.

There is something in all of us when pretensions and petty "loyalties" dissipate when we face our own end of life....Such is the case with John McCain.

Sen. John McCain has taken another surprising stance, partnering with Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), to call on the Supreme Court to strike down Wisconsin’s partisan redistricting. The senators did not mince words in calling for the Supreme Court to affirm previous rulings:

In an amicus brief filed in Gill v. Whitford on Tuesday, McCain and Whitehouse argue that the redistricting map is the result of excessive partisan redistricting.

“Americans do not like gerrymandering,” McCain and Whitehouse wrote in the brief, first highlighted by The Huffington Post. “They see its mischief, and absent a legal remedy, their sense of powerlessness and discouragement has increased, deepening the crisis of confidence in our democracy."

"We share this perspective," they continued. "From our vantage point, we see wasted votes and silenced voices. We see hidden power. And we see a correctable problem."

Gerrymandering and partisan redistricting are the key to Republican control of the House. From the Associated Press analysis of the the 2016 election:

That has got to change. Kudos to Sen. McCain and Sen. Whitehouse for publicly asking the Supreme Court to strike down Wisconsin’s partisan redistricting.

McCain shocks again, calls partisan gerrymandering 'wasted votes, silenced voices and hidden power'
This wholly confirms that John McCain has always been a Democrat pretending to be a Republican, kinda like Trump. :lol:

Maybe that's why he hates Trump so much. Trump did what his worthless ass couldn't. :lol:

I am never glad when someone gets terminal brain cancer, but dammit, Johnny is making it really hard.

These days no one is a "non-partisan". Some side will try to take advantage, and that would probably be progressives, as they have no qualms about gaming systems.

here's an example about WHO gained by "gaming the system"......

In 2012 Obama won Wisconsin with an overwhelming majority......YET, democrats did not gain one seat in the House, PRECISELY because of that state's clever gerrymandering by republicans.

In 2012 Obama won Wisconsin with an overwhelming majority

Wow! How large was his majority?

There is something in all of us when pretensions and petty "loyalties" dissipate when we face our own end of life....Such is the case with John McCain.

Sen. John McCain has taken another surprising stance, partnering with Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), to call on the Supreme Court to strike down Wisconsin’s partisan redistricting. The senators did not mince words in calling for the Supreme Court to affirm previous rulings:

In an amicus brief filed in Gill v. Whitford on Tuesday, McCain and Whitehouse argue that the redistricting map is the result of excessive partisan redistricting.

“Americans do not like gerrymandering,” McCain and Whitehouse wrote in the brief, first highlighted by The Huffington Post. “They see its mischief, and absent a legal remedy, their sense of powerlessness and discouragement has increased, deepening the crisis of confidence in our democracy."

"We share this perspective," they continued. "From our vantage point, we see wasted votes and silenced voices. We see hidden power. And we see a correctable problem."

Gerrymandering and partisan redistricting are the key to Republican control of the House. From the Associated Press analysis of the the 2016 election:

That has got to change. Kudos to Sen. McCain and Sen. Whitehouse for publicly asking the Supreme Court to strike down Wisconsin’s partisan redistricting.

McCain shocks again, calls partisan gerrymandering 'wasted votes, silenced voices and hidden power'

Brain tumor says what?
Even with a brain tumor, the war hero is more intelligent than the entire collective pseudocon horde on this forum put together.

Although Obama won Wisconsin with an 8% advantage, NOT ONE House seat switched from the 5 to 3 republican majority......THANKS to gerrymandering.....

Are you sure the Senator diagnosed with brain cancer really wants to offer his advice about "gerrymandering" as a legacy issue? Who are the alleged "silenced votes"? Is McCain talking about illegal aliens? My guess is that the opinions alleged to McCain were written by Media Matters.

Although Obama won Wisconsin with an 8% advantage, NOT ONE House seat switched from the 5 to 3 republican majority......THANKS to gerrymandering.....
That is very interesting.

I just looked up the 2012 Wisconsin election results: United States House of Representatives elections in Wisconsin, 2012 - Wikipedia

The Democratic congressional candidates received a total of 1,445,015 votes. The Republican congressional candidates received less total votes, 1,401,995.

And yet the Republicans won 5 out of 8 Congressional districts.

That can only happen thanks to gerrymandering.

My Friends!! Meet Maverick McCain!! My Friends!!

john-mccain-maverick.jpg.696x0_q70_crop-smart.jpg

Yes My Friends. This could be his most Mavericky move ever!! My Friends!!

Now meet his real friends.....
maverickformccainOPT1.jpg

Last edited:
My Friends!! Here is a Venn Diagram of Mavericky Maverick McCain!! He's a real Maverick! My Friends!!

MAVERICK.jpg

Gerrymandering has to stop, but SCOTUS precedent has generally been to uphold the practice barring certain circumstances. The drawing of districts need to come out of the hands of politicians.

Bear in mind.....and without partisan slant, we can expect a shift in majorities in 2020, because that year is also a census year.

I would not trust democrats to be more honest than republicans have been since 2010.

That shift has been taking place for years.

Republicans now own more statehouses and state assemblies than they have in a long time.

And that ain't stopping.

Unless you dicks want to claim you lost the senate due to gerrymandering.....LOL.

Just because this state votes for one party for President, doesn't mean it's guaranteed that we'll vote for that same party for local offices. Dems need to run better candidates if they want to try to win here.

Although Obama won Wisconsin with an 8% advantage, NOT ONE House seat switched from the 5 to 3 republican majority

It was less than 7%.

In 2010, voters fed up with Obama's incompetence flipped the Wisconsin delegation from 5-3 Dem to 5-3 Republican.

Then Wisconsin Dems spent 2 solid years whining about Scott Walker. 2 solid years of recall BS.
I'm surprised that the Dems didn't lose a seat or two in 2012.

My Friends!!! Mavericky Maverick McCain is so Maverick, he's destroyed more US Military Planes that Al Qaeda and ISIS combined!! Yes My Friends!!

DoeSUF5.png

Forum List

Back