McCarthy: 'I earned this job', Boebert when he finished: "that's Bullsh*t": GOP explodes in meeting before speaker vote, which you can watch live here

GOP is a Clusterfuk

Not just for the country but among themselves
THIS is what they call leadership?

Every Man for Himself
Technically, this is what the House was supposed to be when envisioned. It's just that elites took control of the Progs and many Republicans so it was more antiseptic than the chaos it could be.

It's confounding that Rep McCarthy--who represents Kern County where 70% of oil & gas is produced in California with ongoing & historic environmental, human rights, & climate harm to a local primarily low income Latinx community--is being challenged on his RIGHT for speakership.

Just a reminder: this is the first time in 100 years that no one received the majority of votes needed to become Speaker of the House, forcing a second vote now underway. The Republicans are unable to unify behind a candidate, with opposition coming from the extreme right wing.

Could be a well orchestrated Jordan/Gaetz 2 step here. The 18-19 who oppose McCarthy vote for Jordan on this 2nd ballot, then Jordan “convinces” them all to join him and support McCarthy on the 3rd ballot. And enough of them do. Or, none of them know what the hell they’re doing.

I would love to see Jordan as Speaker but is it too late? Why didn’t House Republicans make this case 2 months ago?!!!

a strategy that presupposes a Dem might become speaker is not a strategy, my conservative friends!

Which of these two scenarios is likelier to you? 1) Democrats vote for Kevin McCarthy to be Speaker 2) Republicans choose someone who is not a member of the House to be Speaker

FlkaPgjaAAACBix

the GOP is on a ride to nowhere, in complete disarray. watch the fireworks here, starting 35 minutes from now. McCarthy will be the 1st Speaker-to-be to not get through on the 1st ballot in 100 years. God bless our messy democracy, and God help us all!

MAGA is blowing up the Republican party. They are not builders, they are destroyers.
Dysfunctional humans.

Forum List

Back