McDonalds Introduces Self Serving Kiosks in Response to Min Wage Increase

Why would someone double wages when he wagers they're already forced to pay for certain jobs is more than the job is worth based on the skills to do it?

What? Would you mind rewriting your thought so that the sentence is coherent. I'd like to know what you've asked, but I have no idea what you mean that sentence to say. I can't even tell if the thought of it belongs in one sentence.

Why would someone double wages when he wagers they're already forced to pay for certain jobs is more than the job is worth based on the skills to do it?

What? Would you mind rewriting your thought so that the sentence is coherent. I'd like to know what you've asked, but I have no idea what you mean that sentence to say. I can't even tell if the thought of it belongs in one sentence.

maybe the typo "he" instead of "the" helps.

danielpalos keeps bringing up Henry Ford and doubling wages and efficiency claiming it's what capitalist employers should do.

If I'm paying someone $7.25/hour because the government mandates that minimum, why would I double those wages if the $7.25 is more than the job is worth based on the skills to do it? The only reason I pay $7.25 is because I have to not because the worker is doing a job worth that much.

danielpalos keeps bringing up Henry Ford and doubling wages and efficiency claiming it's what capitalist employers should do.

If I'm paying someone $7.25/hour because the government mandates that minimum, why would I double those wages if the $7.25 is more than the job is worth based on the skills to do it? The only reason I pay $7.25 is because I have to not because the worker is doing a job worth that much.

The typo bit didn't help at all. The incoherence didn't derive from that.

The explanatory paragraph you provided does help, so much so that if you still can, it'd be worth replacing the original question with that paragraph.

The explanatory paragraph you provided does help, so much so that if you still can, it'd be worth replacing the original question with that paragraph.

Maybe the incoherence isn't the fault of what was said but the one reading it.

The answer to your question is found in considering monopsony.

I can assure you it will not there be found.

Then you have no answer. The is not a good answer to why you'd pay some low skilled worker doing a job a monkey could be trained to do twice what that job is worth.

I can assure that it was since you couldn't comprehend it.

Then you have no answer. The is not a good answer to why you'd pay some low skilled worker doing a job a monkey could be trained to do twice what that job is worth.

Obviously you didn't consider the implications of monopsony on wages.

Look, you really don't want me to dissect the grammatical construction of that "sentence," even ignoring the typo you admitted to being present in the sentence. Trust me.

I only need consider the skills to do the job and know that people with those low level skills are a dime a dozen. If one doesn't want to work for the skill level equivalent wage, another one will. When the next one decides he doesn't like it, another one will be there.

Look, you really don't want me to dissect the grammatical construction of that "sentence," even ignoring the typo you admitted to being present in the sentence. Trust me.

Oh, an arrogant asshole. Got it.

I only need consider the skills to do the job and know that people with those low level skills are a dime a dozen. If one doesn't want to work for the skill level equivalent wage, another one will. When the next one decides he doesn't like it, another one will be there.

That remark alone illustrates your lack of understanding about monopsony. I'm not going to try to convince you that you should broaden your knowledge on the matter rather than remain in the state of intransigently willful ignorance in which you find yourself.

in other words, not every capitalist can do what Henry Ford did; but, the right expects the poor to succeed better for free, merely through "hard work".
No, the right expects people to do their best, not to do less and expect society to make up the difference.
just right wing fantasy; promoting the general welfare is in our Constitution.
It is not promoting the general welfare to pay people who can work but choose not to.
Nor to pay farmers not to plant

You wouldn't last a day working on a farm. You have to actually do something and you want something for nothing.

Doesn't negate paying to not plant and subsidizing failed crops

Most of our farming is no longer mom and pop

Corporate Welfare

yes, that is the right wing solution. never mind that all capitalists cannot make like Henry Ford and double wages to realize gains from efficiency.

It's the explanation.
too lazy to make like Henry Ford; but, "blame the poor" anyway. i got it.

When the poor are the cause of their own bad situations, they deserve the blame. Got it?
how many capitalists can double wages and achieve gains from efficiency?

why blame the poor, for not doing any better.

In most cases, the poor are poor because they choose not to do any better.
Henry Ford chose to do better, why don't all captialists, emulate the example of Henry Ford, and realize gains from efficiency.

How well did that work during the Great Depression?

Great. I wasn't alive then.
too much work to acquire and posses a valid argument? why blame the poor for being lazy.

Because many that are poor are that way because they're lazy.
you only have fallacy for your Cause; how lazy is that.

I'm not poor because I'm not lazy. See how that works.
you seem too lazy to have valid arguments.

a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and fourteen dollars an hour for unemployment compensation; solves our dilemma.

It solves nothing. It keeps low life like you thinking you're owed something for nothing.

For people unwilling to do for themselves and thinking something is owed to them, I'd let them starve. Now that solves the dilemma. They no longer around to bitch about being handed something for nothing.
nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics because they Only seem to have moral arguments.

dears, it takes morals to have moral forms of indignation.

My morals don't allow me to enable lazy people to be lazy while demand something for nothing. I have no problem letting a lazy piece of shit do without and have no concern about the results their laziness produces.
let me know,when you get some morals.

Since I don't promote laziness, sloth, and general freeloading, my morals are just fine.
you don't have any. it takes morals, to have moral forms of indignation. that is why, You need a valid argument, instead.

Ford could afford to double his workers' pay, and most companies cannot do that.
Unemployment compensation is only given under certain circumstances, and being paid to not work outside of those circumstances is welfare.

Got it?
in other words, not every capitalist can do what Henry Ford did; but, the right expects the poor to succeed better for free, merely through "hard work".
No, the right expects people to do their best, not to do less and expect society to make up the difference.
It is not promoting the general welfare to pay people who can work but choose not to.
equal protection of the law is promoting the general welfare.
Then Bill Gates should get food stamps.

It's the explanation.
too lazy to make like Henry Ford; but, "blame the poor" anyway. i got it.

When the poor are the cause of their own bad situations, they deserve the blame. Got it?
how many capitalists can double wages and achieve gains from efficiency?

why blame the poor, for not doing any better.

In most cases, the poor are poor because they choose not to do any better.
Henry Ford chose to do better, why don't all captialists, emulate the example of Henry Ford, and realize gains from efficiency.
Are you STILL going on about that, even after I've nuked it three ways to Sunday?

equal protection of the law is promoting the general welfare.
Then Bill Gates should get food stamps.
it is means tested, so he won't qualify; any other diversions?

Forum List

Back