Meat consumption linked to increased risk of early death

The #1 risk of Coronary Artery Disease is heredity.
Rounding out the top 3 are Diabetes and hypertension.
If it's listed, high fat diet is 4th or 5th.

But you can change that.

To a great extent, its considered "hereditary" because we tend to live the same as our parents, grandparents, etc. If you change your way of living, you can change your future.

And you're wrong about the leading causes of death.

Yes, most are diet related - heart disease, diabetes, cancer - but about 3rd or so is medical mistakes.

Agree +

Heavy meat eating can lead to heart disease. As a matter of fact, heart surgeons routinely advise patients of bypass surgeries to cut down on meat consumption.
That's funny because it's the diet high in sugars and complex carbs that causes the problem. I guess it's money in the bank for them.

You are correct.

But you can change that.

To a great extent, its considered "hereditary" because we tend to live the same as our parents, grandparents, etc. If you change your way of living, you can change your future.

Yes, most are diet related - heart disease, diabetes, cancer - but about 3rd or so is medical mistakes.

Agree +

Heavy meat eating can lead to heart disease. As a matter of fact, heart surgeons routinely advise patients of bypass surgeries to cut down on meat consumption.
That's funny because it's the diet high in sugars and complex carbs that causes the problem. I guess it's money in the bank for them.

You are correct.

not really----complex carbs are a lot safer than simple sugars

Correlation does not equal causation.

While the human digestive system is not ideally evolved for the consumption of meat, the benefits of eating meat far outweigh the (very speculative) harms. Mankind's intellectual evolution was greatly accelerated when our primitive ancestors began hunting and eating meat, which meant that instead of constantly seeking and eating plants, an entire day's nutrition could be provided by a single, high-protein meal.

It was the eating of meat, cooked meat specifically, that has allowed humans to reach the top of the evolutionary ladder on this planet

Why Fire Makes Us Human | Science | Smithsonian

Veggies are what food eats.

Baseball season ends :crybaby:, hockey season beings :beer:, deer season opens :flameth:.

I love fall.

In the end some vegan will be gloating over my death bed and they'll ask "Was all that steak and bacon worth it?" I'll look them in the eyes and say "Hell yes." and then flat line.

Meat consumption linked to increased risk of early death - Redorbit

Bad news for fans of bacon cheeseburgers: a new review of large-scale studies involving more than 1.5 million subjects has discovered that consuming at least one serving of red or processed meats every day causes a significant increase in all-cause mortality rate.

The paper, which was published in the May edition of the Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, looked at six previous studies that evaluated the effects of both meat and vegetarian diets on mortality, and found that most of them discovered a link between red meat consumption and increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease, cancer or other causes.
th

But you can change that.

Agree +

You are correct.

Depends on the quality of the carbs and the quantity of sugars.

But you can change that.

Agree +

You are correct.

I LIKE MY SUGARS SIMPLE AND SWEET----------HIGH QUALTY--WHITE GRANULATED

Agree +

You are correct.

I LIKE MY SUGARS SIMPLE AND SWEET----------HIGH QUALTY--WHITE GRANULATED
You made me throw up. I bought my last bad of white sugar in the late 70s. I have bought about two little honey jars since for bread making but don't do that anymore. Although I might someday. I do eat pies and stuff though. All things in moderation.

I'm hoping my last words are "you said your husband wouldn't be home for hours!"

I want them to be able to say at the wake, "at least he died doing what he loved."

But you can change that.

Agree +

Complex carbohydrate is OK for you. It is the simple carbohydrate which is bad for you. Sugar (especially certain type) is very bad for you; doctors will ask you to avoid that as well depending on your condition.

But you can change that.

Agree +

Complex carbohydrate is OK for you. It is the simple carbohydrate which is bad for you. Sugar (especially certain type) is very bad for you; doctors will ask you to avoid that as well depending on your condition.
Yes, good catch, I meant simple, the processed foods sold in boxes. The low fat craze has helped spur the sales and had had devastating results.

But you can change that.

Agree +

Yes, good catch, I meant simple, the processed foods sold in boxes. The low fat craze has helped spur the sales and had had devastating results.

Consumption of fatty food is only problematic when you have high cholesterol or you are eating too much animal fat which results in a buildup of high cholesterol. For most of us, if we can avoid sugar and simple carbohydrate then we are good and can enjoy foods that are fried in heart healthy oil and do not contain animal fat. Animal fat clogs your artery. This is why heart surgeons advise you against eating too much meat if you are a heart patient.

But you can change that.

Agree +

Consumption of fatty food is only problematic when you have high cholesterol or you are eating too much animal fat which results in a buildup of high cholesterol. For most of us, if we can avoid sugar and simple carbohydrate then we are good and can enjoy foods that are fried in heart healthy oil and do not contain animal fat. Animal fat clogs your artery. This is why heart surgeons advise you against eating too much meat if you are a heart patient.
That's been the popular consensus but I don't believe an accurate one. Our ancestors ate fat, sometime a lot but this is a relatively new phenomenon.

Fat does not clog up our arteries | Zoë Harcombe

Fat does not clog up our arteries
If a juggernaut were travelling around the road transport system – which roads would clog up? The minor roads and country lanes would be impassable and the motorways would continue to run with little disruption. Fat never clogs veins. By a process of common sense, therefore, fat also never clogs arteries. It would make no sense whatsoever that the only parts of the blood circulatory system that got clogged up were the ‘motorways’ – the widest and the fastest flowing pathways.

Without getting into the detail of different chain length fatty acids, it is a reasonable assertion to make that fat is not even travelling freely in the blood stream. Fat and water don’t mix so, since blood is effectively water, fat cannot travel freely around the blood system. Fat travels around in lipoproteins – along with cholesterol, protein and phospholipids. The idea that fat somehow leaps out of the lipoproteins to attach itself to the arterial wall to try to clog up the system and kill us is ludicrous at every level.

Forum List

Back