Media ethics writer compares Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler

Back to the future, if Trump has his way (which he won't but...):

"The Mexican Repatriation refers to a forced return to Mexico of people of Mexican descent from the United States between 1929 and 1936.[1][2] The mandate, carried out by American authorities, took place without due process.[3] The Immigration and Naturalization Service targeted Mexicans in California, Texas, and Colorado because of "the proximity of the Mexican border, the physical distinctiveness of mestizos, and easily identifiable barrios."[4] Studies have provided conflicting numbers for how many Mexicans were repatriated during the Great Depression, but estimates range from 500,000 to 2 million.[5][6] In 2005, the State of California passed an official "Apology Act" to those forced to relocate to Mexico, an estimated 1.2 million of whom were United States citizens.[7][8]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Repatriation

While what Trump said was reprehensible, this quote may actually be completely inaccurate. Even by changing what he said, I still see his statement as very problematic, but let's look at his statement the way he actually probably meant it. "They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, their rapists, and some I assume are good people."

I don't think anyone can know for certain which statement is accurate. Neither is good, but their is a very big difference in the two.

Here is Trump's actual quote per the Washington Post:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Donald Trump’s false comments connecting Mexican immigrants and crime

So did the Washington Post receive a written transcript from Trump's people with the speech that shows it written that way, or did they just make an assumption? I don't know the answer to that, so that is why I'm asking.

one of his main positions relates to illegals crossing the border and committing crimes...Illegals...the media and both political parties are scared to death and they are pulling out all the stops to confuse, create fear and uncertainty about trump because he can upset ALL their apple carts if people continue to listen to him and clean house politically...so they try to cherry pick and purposely misconstrue anything he says...people are noticing, too.

There is a huge problem with what he has been saying though. He is making the claim that Mexico is sending us all of the people they do not want. The fact is that Mexicans crossing the border illegally at present is an extremely low percentage of the total. The vast majority of people coming into the US illegally now are from Central America. They are coming through Mexico, but they are not Mexican, so "The Donald" is feeding us a bunch of hyperbole to excite the masses against Mexicans, and that is wrong. If you listen to the debate, Marco Rubio pointed this out, but nobody seemed to be paying attention to the facts.

trump knows who is coming and where they are coming from..it's no secret they're swarming in..with help from mexico...but you guys want to play word games and look for ways to demean and disparage...I dispute your claims about the numbers, though I know for a fact that you have no idea..our own government has no idea.

compare mexico's immigration laws versus ours.

• Foreigners are admitted into Mexico “according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress.” (Article 32)
  • Immigration officials must “ensure” that “immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance” and for their dependents. (Article 34)
  • Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets “the equilibrium of the national demographics,” when foreigners are deemed detrimental to “economic or national interests,” when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when “they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy.” (Article 37)
  • The Secretary of Governance may “suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest.” (Article 38)
  • Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
  • A National Population Registry keeps track of “every single individual who comprises the population of the country,” and verifies each individual’s identity. (Articles 85 and 86)
  • A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).
  • Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
  • Foreigners who sign government documents “with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses” are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)
  • Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
  • Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
  • Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico — such as working with out a permit — can also be imprisoned.
  • “A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally.” (Article 123)
  • Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
  • Foreigners who “attempt against national sovereignty or security” will be deported. (Article 126)

• A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
  • Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

Who wants to sneak into Mexico?

While what Trump said was reprehensible, this quote may actually be completely inaccurate. Even by changing what he said, I still see his statement as very problematic, but let's look at his statement the way he actually probably meant it. "They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, their rapists, and some I assume are good people."

I don't think anyone can know for certain which statement is accurate. Neither is good, but their is a very big difference in the two.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

So did the Washington Post receive a written transcript from Trump's people with the speech that shows it written that way, or did they just make an assumption? I don't know the answer to that, so that is why I'm asking.

one of his main positions relates to illegals crossing the border and committing crimes...Illegals...the media and both political parties are scared to death and they are pulling out all the stops to confuse, create fear and uncertainty about trump because he can upset ALL their apple carts if people continue to listen to him and clean house politically...so they try to cherry pick and purposely misconstrue anything he says...people are noticing, too.

There is a huge problem with what he has been saying though. He is making the claim that Mexico is sending us all of the people they do not want. The fact is that Mexicans crossing the border illegally at present is an extremely low percentage of the total. The vast majority of people coming into the US illegally now are from Central America. They are coming through Mexico, but they are not Mexican, so "The Donald" is feeding us a bunch of hyperbole to excite the masses against Mexicans, and that is wrong. If you listen to the debate, Marco Rubio pointed this out, but nobody seemed to be paying attention to the facts.

trump knows who is coming and where they are coming from..it's no secret they're swarming in..with help from mexico...but you guys want to play word games and look for ways to demean and disparage...I dispute your claims about the numbers, though I know for a fact that you have no idea..our own government has no idea.

• Foreigners are admitted into Mexico “according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress.” (Article 32)
  • Immigration officials must “ensure” that “immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance” and for their dependents. (Article 34)
  • Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets “the equilibrium of the national demographics,” when foreigners are deemed detrimental to “economic or national interests,” when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when “they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy.” (Article 37)
  • The Secretary of Governance may “suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest.” (Article 38)
  • Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
  • A National Population Registry keeps track of “every single individual who comprises the population of the country,” and verifies each individual’s identity. (Articles 85 and 86)
  • A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).
  • Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
  • Foreigners who sign government documents “with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses” are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)
  • Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
  • Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
  • Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico — such as working with out a permit — can also be imprisoned.
  • “A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally.” (Article 123)
  • Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
  • Foreigners who “attempt against national sovereignty or security” will be deported. (Article 126)

• A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
  • Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)
You should move their then, since their laws have worked so well and ours haven't.

Godwin’s Law has come to the 2016 election.

A commentary published Monday on the website of Poynter, a journalism institute based in Florida, invoked a comparison between Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler.

“Can Trump win? It seems unlikely, especially after this weekend. Of course that is what the media said about a funny-looking spewer of hate with an odd mustache who was dismissed as an awful public speaker and not a serious candidate in Germany in the 1930s,” wrote media ethicist Kelly McBride and medical ethicist Art Caplan.

Rather than laughing, they wrote, news organizations need to hold Trump and the Republican Party “accountable” for what he says.

“We certainly have a more robust political system than 1930s Germany,” they wrote. “But Trump’s racist rhetoric should be viewed in the repugnant tradition of Hitler. When you call all Mexicans rapists, criminals, losers, and the source of disease (that last claim was an old Nazi favorite), when you disparage Mexican-Americans at every turn as the cause of all the country’s woes, and when you have the money to get you message out, journalists should take you seriously.”

“Such speech is a classic ploy to sow divisiveness and generate fear. That his message finds a home at all should be alarming. It’s one thing to argue about immigration policies. It’s a completely different thing to condemn an entire ethnic group. (Imagine if Trump were saying these things about Jews?),” they wrote.

Trump may be mesmerizing and refreshing to some - but to others he is scary. Aside from being morally repugnant, much of what he advocates is simply not possible - physically or financially.

I support racism only because it pisses off the left.

You're a good NaziCon. Personally, I oppose racism because it's morally wrong and repugnant.

geez..nazis again. :cuckoo:

This condition you call "racism" has always existed and it always will.

Here's how the real world works;

All humans are tribal and ethnocentric creatures (and given the freedom to do so without government interference) will always self segregate into groups according to race. People like to be around other people who share their culture, history and beliefs.

That's just the way it is and all attempts at marxist social engineering to create artificial "equality"...or lowering standards in order to ensure "equality" do nothing to improve society and, in fact, lead to further racial friction.

Godwin’s Law has come to the 2016 election.

A commentary published Monday on the website of Poynter, a journalism institute based in Florida, invoked a comparison between Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler.

“Can Trump win? It seems unlikely, especially after this weekend. Of course that is what the media said about a funny-looking spewer of hate with an odd mustache who was dismissed as an awful public speaker and not a serious candidate in Germany in the 1930s,” wrote media ethicist Kelly McBride and medical ethicist Art Caplan.

Rather than laughing, they wrote, news organizations need to hold Trump and the Republican Party “accountable” for what he says.

“We certainly have a more robust political system than 1930s Germany,” they wrote. “But Trump’s racist rhetoric should be viewed in the repugnant tradition of Hitler. When you call all Mexicans rapists, criminals, losers, and the source of disease (that last claim was an old Nazi favorite), when you disparage Mexican-Americans at every turn as the cause of all the country’s woes, and when you have the money to get you message out, journalists should take you seriously.”

“Such speech is a classic ploy to sow divisiveness and generate fear. That his message finds a home at all should be alarming. It’s one thing to argue about immigration policies. It’s a completely different thing to condemn an entire ethnic group. (Imagine if Trump were saying these things about Jews?),” they wrote.

Trump may be mesmerizing and refreshing to some - but to others he is scary. Aside from being morally repugnant, much of what he advocates is simply not possible - physically or financially.

I support racism only because it pisses off the left.

You're a good NaziCon. Personally, I oppose racism because it's morally wrong and repugnant.

geez..nazis again. :cuckoo:

This condition you call "racism" has always existed and it always will.

Here's how the real world works;

All humans are tribal and ethnocentric creatures (and given the freedom to do so without government interference) will always self segregate into groups according to race. People like to be around other people who share their culture, history and beliefs.

That's just the way it is and all attempts at marxist social engineering to create artificial "equality"...or lowering standards in order to ensure "equality" do nothing to improve society and, in fact, lead to further racial friction.
Banning overt and official racism has worked well here, in case you hadn't noticed. That just doesn't show up at a We Hate Wetbacks Trump rally...

nobody..they know they can't get away with it..they'd be put in jail and deported...
especially when there's all the free stuff north of the border.
then there's the problem of mexico enabling and assisting people from south america to pass through on their way here...mexico is not our "friend".
Lots of u.s manufacturing is relocating or has relocated to mexico because ...sad as THIS is..the business climate is BETTER in mexico than here...

nobody..they know they can't get away with it..they'd be put in jail and deported...
especially when there's all the free stuff north of the border.
then there's the problem of mexico enabling and assisting people from south america to pass through on their way here...mexico is not our "friend".
Lots of u.s manufacturing is relocating or has relocated to mexico because ...sad as THIS is..the business climate is BETTER in mexico than here...
Fewer regulations and lower wages, a capitalist's wet-dream. Now you know.

So, I guess you're moving then, since Mexico is better?

Please quote the statement Trump said that is racist. Do it now, put the quote up for everyone to see.

You cannot do it because it does not exist.

1076.png

What Rotagilla stated, is the best post in the thread. What is being brought out in the open is GOOD for Americans to see. It uncovers the veiled policies of Washington, and exactly why politicians support them; and it isn't because it is good for the American people, it is because it lines American politicians pockets.

If you notice, the posters on here with THOUSANDS of posts, always rail against corporate America. Who do the illegals help? Why corporate America, that is who.

It shows everyone a side where rinos and far left libs are in concert. They do not care that almost 70% of Americans don't like it, they BOTH want to please their masters, and that is the lobbyists who fund them in their basements posting, while being in their underwear.

You would think that these million post lefties would be all for Trump to get the repub nomination, so they could ease their person into the Whitehouse. But that is NOT the reason for their attack; oh no it isn't! The reason for their attack is to second hand attack Walker, and Cruz; because if Trump can't get away with it, neither can they.

You see, what these MILLION post posters job is to help accomplish, is get the general to be, BUSH V CLINTON. In this case, their paymasters have them BOTH under their thumb, so they really do not care who wins. In essence, Bush and Clinton should be on the SAME ticket!

So, do not let them fool you! The last thing they want, is a CRUZ V SANDERS as their paymasters can't control either of them. This is also why every time Hillary stumbles, the democrats try and beg Biden or Gore in. You see, the left is controlled by lobbyists, just like the rinos are, even though they try and pretend they are not. A true democrat leftie would move from Hillary to Sanders, but you see, since he is out of their control, it doesn't fit the narrative they need. And you see, once you understand what goes on in Washington, you will then understand how these million post lefties will attack someone they should not be because he should lose.

Donald Trump Has No Idea How To Fix Immigration, So He’ll Hire 'Great People' Who Know How

Business mogul Donald Trump has repeatedly bemoaned the supposed influx of undocumented immigrants migrating across the border, calling them “rapists” and “criminals” and last week, advocating for an end to birthright citizenship. But on Sunday, when pressed by ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on how he would address the problem, the Republican presidential hopeful struggled to give a definitive answer and instead claimed he would just hire “great people” who know how.

The full transcript of the exchange, in all of its glory (emphasis ours):

More: Donald Trump Has No Idea How To Fix Immigration, So He’ll Hire 'Great People' Who Know How

Trump is sooo full of shit.

The acronym "Nazi" stands for "nationalist socialist workers party" and you could call democrat favorite Bernie Sanders a nationalist and he certainly is a socialist so it's reasonable to compare him with Hitler but the idiot left wing lashes out at any republican that comes along. Is it a surprise that the left compares Trump to Hitler and drags out their favorite hate symbol, the KKK? You almost gotta laugh that FDR appointed a (former) KKK member to the Supreme Court and the segregationist democrat party was full of KKK members back in the early 60's.

HITLER COMES TO POWER

In the early 1930s, the mood in Germany was grim. The worldwide economic depression had hit the country especially hard, and millions of people were out of work. Still fresh in the minds of many was Germany's humiliating defeat fifteen years earlier during World War I, and Germans lacked confidence in their weak government, known as the Weimar Republic. These conditions provided the chance for the rise of a new leader, Adolf Hitler, and his party, the National Socialist German Workers' Party, or Nazi party for short.

Hitler was a powerful and spellbinding speaker who attracted a wide following of Germans desperate for change. He promised the disenchanted a better life and a new and glorious Germany. The Nazis appealed especially to the unemployed, young people, and members of the lower middle class (small store owners, office employees, craftsmen, and farmers).

The party's rise to power was rapid. Before the economic depression struck, the Nazis were practically unknown, winning only 3 percent of the vote to the Reichstag (German parliament) in elections in 1924. In the 1932 elections, the Nazis won 33 percent of the votes, more than any other party. In January 1933 Hitler was appointed chancellor, the head of the German government, and many Germans believed that they had found a savior for their nation.

Hitler Comes to Power

So, 33% of German voters chose Hitler. They would live to regret it.

You're off topic on your own thread. Hitler duped millions of people and they paid the price, you'd be wise to learn the lesson

I am exactly on point. Let's hope that Trump doesn't "dupe millions of people" and rise to power.

The thought that you compare Trump to Hitler, kills any credibility that you had.

I can't believe those on the left are that stupid.

With Hitler - it was the Jews. With Trump - it's the Mexicans/Hispanics. The similarities are obvious. It's the demonization of certain groups of people.

Last edited:
With Hitler - it was the Jews. With Trump - it's the Mexicans/Hispanics. The similarities are obvious. It's the demonization of certain groups of people.

Those who demonize white Christians are like Hitler? So people that demonize gun owners are like Hitler?

Interesting.

Those who demonize white Christians are like Hitler? So people that demonize gun owners are like Hitler?

Interesting.

Interesting? No, just wrong. White Christians are generally more trouble than they're worth. I consider Jimmy Carter a "true" Christian - and I've met very few of them in my lifetime so far. Most so-called Christians are "false" Christians.

Interesting.

Interesting? No, just wrong. White Christians are generally more trouble than they're worth. I consider Jimmy Carter a "true" Christian - and I've met very few of them in my lifetime so far. Most so-called Christians are "false" Christians.

Excuse making for your own statement. You are a true Hitler.

Racist rhetoric? The author of that sham piece is as clueless as the rest of the left, what Trump said about illegal immigration was not racist. You all can try and keep floating that nonsense but it's BS

It's only "not racist" to those who agree with him. To others - it's clearly racist.
Do you even know the definition of racist, Sloping Brow?

Racist rhetoric? The author of that sham piece is as clueless as the rest of the left, what Trump said about illegal immigration was not racist. You all can try and keep floating that nonsense but it's BS

It's only "not racist" to those who agree with him. To others - it's clearly racist.
Do you even know the definition of racist, Sloping Brow?
He does now, cracker...

Noun 1.
69624-racist.png
racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others

bigot - a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own
racist

Forum List

Back