Megalomania

1. obsession with the exercise of power, especially in the domination of others
  2. delusion about one's own power or importance (typically as a symptom of narcissistic, manic or paranoid disorders).
synonyms: delusions of grandeur, self-importance, egotism, conceit, folie de grandeur.

The term is a subset of a narcissistic personality disorder and I suspect many of us have at one time or another had a boss who fit this description. My question is, would you, the reader, want such a person to be President of the United States?

My experience with such a boss is this: Leaders lead by example, and the narcissistic boss is never a leader, for all decisions which the boss needs to make will be prefaced by, "how will this impact / effect me".

Amen, brother!

obama-halo.jpg

I knew one of the racist and biddable fools would use Obama as an example. Thanks for proving me correct.

Typical Obama speech, "I, I, I, I, er, I, I, um, I, I, as I said, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I..."

Read the full transcript of President Obama's farewell speech

Compare to any speech made by donald trump. Of course you won't read the link, and of course you will continue to attack President Obama, and of course there are only two reason why you do so (posted above)..

2. delusion about one's own power or importance (typically as a symptom of narcissistic, manic or paranoid disorders).
synonyms: delusions of grandeur, self-importance, egotism, conceit, folie de grandeur.

The term is a subset of a narcissistic personality disorder and I suspect many of us have at one time or another had a boss who fit this description. My question is, would you, the reader, want such a person to be President of the United States?

My experience with such a boss is this: Leaders lead by example, and the narcissistic boss is never a leader, for all decisions which the boss needs to make will be prefaced by, "how will this impact / effect me".

Amen, brother!

obama-halo.jpg

I knew one of the racist and biddable fools would use Obama as an example. Thanks for proving me correct.

Typical Obama speech, "I, I, I, I, er, I, I, um, I, I, as I said, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I..."

Compare to any speech made by donald trump. Of course you won't read the link, and of course you will continue to attack President Obama, and of course there are only two reason why you do so (posted above)..

Sure, I'm a racist, misogynist. homophobic and tone deaf, that's why I vehemently disliked Obama's mission to "Fundamentally transform" the nation he was supposed to lead.

Oh, he also turned the US Intel agencies against a US Citizen. Are you OK with that?

Tell that to Bill Parcels

Amen, brother!

obama-halo.jpg

"I first came to Chicago when I was in my early 20s, still trying to figure out who I was; still searching for a purpose to my life. It was in neighborhoods not far from here where I began working with church groups in the shadows of closed steel mills. It was on these streets where I witnessed the power of faith, and the quiet dignity of working people in the face of struggle and loss. This is where I learned that change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged, and come together to demand it."

6 I's and a my.

Amen, brother!

obama-halo.jpg

Sure, I'm a racist, misogynist. homophobic and tone deaf, that's why I vehemently disliked Obama's mission to "Fundamentally transform" the nation he was supposed to lead.

Oh, he also turned the US Intel agencies against a US Citizen. Are you OK with that?

Check you emotions before you post. Try to think and I won't be so harsh and push your buttons. Obama will be remembered by history as a great president, surely in the top 10; Bush II and Trump will be in the bottom 10 - and Trump will likely go down as the worst person to ever occupy the oval office.

Amen, brother!

obama-halo.jpg

"I first came to Chicago when I was in my early 20s, still trying to figure out who I was; still searching for a purpose to my life. It was in neighborhoods not far from here where I began working with church groups in the shadows of closed steel mills. It was on these streets where I witnessed the power of faith, and the quiet dignity of working people in the face of struggle and loss. This is where I learned that change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged, and come together to demand it."

6 I's and a my.

Nice try. That's one paragraph of many, and your effort to use one data point as proof of your already biased opinion is pitiful.

That's why Hillary lost.
LMf'nAO!!!

One post in and we've already got "but...but...but... Hillary!"

SMH, dumbass.
The title of the thread is megalomania. And Hillary Clinton is a typical megalomaniac.

The term is a subset of a narcissistic personality disorder and I suspect many of us have at one time or another had a boss who fit this description.

Could you give some specific examples of the decisions that your boss made that have you so upset that you needed to vent?

That's why Hillary lost.
LMf'nAO!!!

SMH, dumbass.
The title of the thread is megalomania. And Hillary Clinton is a typical megalomaniac.
Only in the collective conservative imagination.

That's why Hillary lost.
LMf'nAO!!!

SMH, dumbass.
I am independent but agree-Hillary is as bad as Trump-just not as showy.

The term is a subset of a narcissistic personality disorder and I suspect many of us have at one time or another had a boss who fit this description.

Could you give some specific examples of the decisions that your boss made that have you so upset that you needed to vent?

Grow up. I'm not upset, I posted on my education and experience. BTW, HRC does not fit the profile of a narcissist or a megalomaniac. Trump does so in spades.

That's why Hillary lost.
LMf'nAO!!!

SMH, dumbass.
A glaring example of her megalomania was when she demonstrated such an obsession with power that she was under a delusion that simply being married to the president gave her the qualifications and power to institute a single payer healthcare system in America.

Last edited:

That's why Hillary lost.
LMf'nAO!!!

SMH, dumbass.
A glaring example of her megalomania was when she demonstrated such an obsession with power that she was under a delusion that simply being married to the president gave her the qualifications and power to institute a single payer healthcare system in America.

You are out of your feeble mind. I suggest you read the theory of holes, and toss away your shovel.

Grow up. I'm not upset, I posted on my education and experience. BTW, HRC does not fit the profile of a narcissist or a megalomaniac. Trump does so in spades.
That's obviously your TDS talking.

You bitched about having a narcissistic boss. Could you give a few specific examples?

That's obviously your TDS talking.

You bitched about having a narcissistic boss. Could you give a few specific examples?

No. Because it is self evidence to all who have had or observed such a critter. Maybe you've never worked with one. or maybe your are one. But demanding I offer a detailed report to someone like you will never happen.

That's why Hillary lost.
LMf'nAO!!!

SMH, dumbass.
Incorrect. The OP asked the question, "Would you support this type of behavior?"

The answer was, "No, I won't. Which is why I did not vote for Hillary."

Question asked and question answered.

Glad I could help you out.

Uh, yeah she does.

Uh, yeah she does.

Not even close.

That's why Hillary lost.
LMf'nAO!!!

SMH, dumbass.

You are out of your feeble mind. I suggest you read the theory of holes, and toss away your shovel.
You know damn well that she tried to take over the health care system when she was the president's wife.

Another sign that somebody is a megalomaniac is that they believe that they are so special that the rules do not and should not apply to them. And that was her downfall.

She was so fucking narcissistic that she believed that the rules regarding the handling of classified information and public record keeping did not apply to her. She used her private unsecured server for all of the Secretary of State's official emails, and it was located at her home in her closet.

She's a megalomaniac.

Uh, yeah she does.

Not even close.
You have your view, I have mine.

Forum List

Back