'Member when Obama leaked his opponent's sealed divorce papers to win Senate seat?

I 'member

Leaking to destroy his political opponent is BHOs signature move.

A Refresher on Obama's Senate Race

Obama won the Democratic Party senatorial primary after one of the leading candidates imploded in a mess of divorce papers strategically leaked

Taping Trump, and leaking that it was being done is classic Obama election strategy

:lol:

What a pile of bull.

Look everybody -- what the OP snipped:

Obama won the Democratic Party senatorial primary after one of the leading candidates imploded in a mess of divorce papers strategically leaked by his ex-wife.

You purposefully cut that line off, mid sentence. That is POS behaivor.

u mad baw?

someone in Obama's circle leaks damaging info on his opponent

he has deniability, but still greatly benefits

wash, rinse, repeat

Furthermore:

Controversially, in 2004, Ryan's staff had Justin Warfel (a campaign worker) follow his opponent, Barack Obama, throughout the day and record everything he did in public on videotape.[5] The tactic backfired when Barack Obama and others, including Ryan's supporters, criticized this activity. Ryan's spokesman apologized, and promised that Warfel would give Obama more space. Obama said he was satisfied with Ryan's decision to have Warfel back off.[5]

Campaign demise
Ryan married actress Jeri Ryan in 1991; together they have a son, Alex Ryan, born 1994. They divorced in 1999 in California, and the records of the divorce were open but their custody documents were sealed at their mutual request.

Five years later, when Ryan's Senate campaign began, the Chicago Tribune newspaper and WLS-TV, the local ABC affiliate, sought to have the records released. On March 3, 2004, several of Ryan's GOP primary opponents urged release of the records.[6] Both Ryan and his wife had agreed to make their divorce records public, but not make the custody records public, claiming that the custody records could be harmful to their son if released.[7] On March 16, 2004, Ryan won the GOP primary with 36 percent to 23 percent against Jim Oberweis, who came in second.[8] Obama won the Democratic primary, with 53 percent to 23 percent against Dan Hynes, who came in second.

On March 29, 2004, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Robert Schnider ruled that several of the Ryans' custody records should be opened to the public.[9] The following week, on April 2, 2004, Barack Obama called on Democrats not to inject them into the campaign.[10] The Ryan campaign characterized Obama's stance as hypocritical, because people they alleged to be Obama's backers had been emailing reports about the divorce records prior to Judge Schnider's decision, and urging the press to seek to open them.[10]

On June 22, 2004, after receiving a report from the referee, Judge Schnider released the files that were deemed consistent with the interests of Ryan's young child. In those files, Jeri Ryan alleged that Jack Ryan had wanted her to perform sexual acts with him in public in sex clubs in New York City, New Orleans, and Paris, although no sex occurred. Jeri Ryan described one as "a bizarre club with cages, whips and other apparatus hanging from the ceiling."[12] The decision to release these files generated much controversy because it went against both parents' direct request, and because it reversed the earlier decision to seal the papers in the best interest of the child, who had special needs. On the same day, Jim Oberweis, Ryan's defeated opponent in the GOP primary, commented that if the allegations were true, "it would end the candidacy.".[12]

Jack Ryan (politician) - Wikipedia

Title and OP is a LIE.

I 'member

Obama won the Democratic Party senatorial primary after one of the leading candidates imploded in a mess of divorce papers strategically leaked

Taping Trump, and leaking that it was being done is classic Obama election strategy

What a pile of bull.

Obama won the Democratic Party senatorial primary after one of the leading candidates imploded in a mess of divorce papers strategically leaked by his ex-wife.

Both Ryan's fought the release

I 'member

What a pile of bull.

Deplorable ....

I 'member

YUP! His opponent's wife was the TV show..Star Trek: Voyager
Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 10.07.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 10.06.03 AM.png

you know what guys - I did fuck up here

truth - saw this somewhere else & brought it here without checking it out in near enough depth

so - I will eat crow & admit that I am in the wrong here

go ahead & pile on all you want, I deserve it on this one

:banghead:

I 'member

What a pile of bull.

I 'member

What a pile of bull.

Deplorable ....

Damn. paperview just annihilated this thread.

I 'member

View attachment 115684

View attachment 115682

u mad baw?

wash, rinse, repeat
Nope...Jerry Ryan did. You are a liar.

truth - saw this somewhere else & brought it here without checking it out in near enough depth

I 'member

What a pile of bull.

I 'member

What a pile of bull.

Deplorable ....

I 'member

View attachment 115684

View attachment 115682

u mad baw?

wash, rinse, repeat
Well. That's a mighty rare thing here. :clap2: Good form!

Seriously. Much kudos!

I 'member

What a pile of bull.

I 'member

What a pile of bull.

Deplorable ....

I 'member

View attachment 115684

View attachment 115682

u mad baw?

wash, rinse, repeat
Bravo, Sir! :clap:

I 'member

What a pile of bull.

What the OP said was true but the link he provided (CBS News) was not accurate. The story about the messy divorce was first leaked to the newspapers and it wasn't by the parties to the divorce. Here's what really happened:

“Let’s take a romp down memory lane and review the typical Obama campaign strategy. Obama became a U.S. senator only by virtue of David Axelrod’s former employer, the Chicago Tribune, ripping open the sealed divorce records of Obama’s two principal opponents.

“One month before the 2004 Democratic primary for the U.S. Senate, Obama was down in the polls, about to lose to Blair Hull, a multimillionaire securities trader. But then the Chicago Tribune leaked the claim that Hull’s second ex-wife, Brenda Sexton, had sought an order of protection against him during their 1998 divorce proceedings.

“Those records were under seal, but as The New York Times noted: “The Tribune reporter who wrote the original piece later acknowledged in print that the Obama camp had ‘worked aggressively behind the scenes’ to push the story.” Many people said Axelrod had “an even more significant role — that he leaked the initial story.”

“Both Hull and his ex-wife opposed releasing their sealed divorce records, but they finally relented in response to the media’s hysteria — 18 days before the primary. Hull was forced to spend four minutes of a debate detailing the abuse allegation in his divorce papers, explaining that his ex-wife “kicked me in the leg and I hit her shin to try to get her to not continue to kick me.”

There are many other links, but this one pretty much tells you what really happened.

I 'member

What a pile of bull.

What the OP said was true but the link he provided (CBS News) was not accurate. The story about the messy divorce was first leaked to the newspapers and it wasn't by the parties to the divorce. Here's what really happened:

“Let’s take a romp down memory lane and review the typical Obama campaign strategy. Obama became a U.S. senator only by virtue of David Axelrod’s former employer, the Chicago Tribune, ripping open the sealed divorce records of Obama’s two principal opponents.

“One month before the 2004 Democratic primary for the U.S. Senate, Obama was down in the polls, about to lose to Blair Hull, a multimillionaire securities trader. But then the Chicago Tribune leaked the claim that Hull’s second ex-wife, Brenda Sexton, had sought an order of protection against him during their 1998 divorce proceedings.

“Those records were under seal, but as The New York Times noted: “The Tribune reporter who wrote the original piece later acknowledged in print that the Obama camp had ‘worked aggressively behind the scenes’ to push the story.” Many people said Axelrod had “an even more significant role — that he leaked the initial story.”

“Both Hull and his ex-wife opposed releasing their sealed divorce records, but they finally relented in response to the media’s hysteria — 18 days before the primary. Hull was forced to spend four minutes of a debate detailing the abuse allegation in his divorce papers, explaining that his ex-wife “kicked me in the leg and I hit her shin to try to get her to not continue to kick me.”

There are many other links, but this one pretty much tells you what really happened.

After all this, the thread basically null and voided, with the OP owning up, screwloose professor pops in with an Ann Coulter riff of raff crap. Without naming his source.

can you link something to affirm this?

Forum List

Back