Menorah Lighting Rejected

Christmas trees are not a religious symbol.
Yes they are....but most people today have no knowledge of the symbolism.

The tree represents the birth and resurrection of Jesus and the evergreen represents Jesus's immortality. (Like holly does)

The decorations and star....well...you get the picture.

No they are not, never were even though some Christians made up some great stories to try and make the tree a religious symbol.

How can this happen in our free society?

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
and another 20,000 Jewish votes for Trump was born

Canceled! For the sake of demockwacy and our shared values .....derp

wkkskskskskkskxkxkkx.jpg

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
and another 20,000 Jewish votes for Trump was born

Canceled! For the sake of demockwacy and our shared values .....derp

Nothing was canceled. No votes were gained, this is just more rightwing stupidity.

This is an Arts and Music festival that never allows religious symbols of any kind as part of its offerings.

The tree represents the birth and resurrection of Jesus and the evergreen represents Jesus's immortality. (Like holly does)

The decorations and star....well...you get the picture.

yep, all made up bullshit by Christians to justify having a pagan tree in their houses.

yep, all made up bullshit by Christians to justify having a pagan tree in their houses.
It's a German tradition out of the middle ages....one that German immigrants brought with them to America and most Americans liked the tradition. Just like Saint Nickolas giving toys to children.

Just because you don't celebrate and have a lousy attitude and demeanor you want to disparage others for having something in their lives that you don't....we have Hope! You do not.

And because of that hope I smile every time TSO plays "Carol of the Bells". You don't get it....probably never will. But that's strictly due to your attitude and not for the lack of others trying.

It's a German tradition out of the middle ages....one that German immigrants brought with them to America and most Americans liked the tradition. Just like Saint Nickolas giving toys to children.

Just because you don't celebrate and have a lousy attitude and demeanor you want to disparage others for having something in their lives that you don't....we have Hope! You do not.

And because of that hope I smile every time TSO plays "Carol of the Bells". You don't get it....probably never will. But that's strictly due to your attitude and not for the lack of others trying.

That is one hell of a stretch going from me knowing the Christmas tree is not a religious symbol to me not celebrating Christmas. I am all about Christmas, I start listening to Christmas music as soon as Thanksgiving is done, I wear Christmas Hawaiian shirts to work, our house is decked out full Christmas mode since Thanksgiving day.

I am seeing TSO in about 10 days and 3 days later seeing Mannheim Steamroller

I actually pity you that you have this need to make something like a tree religious just so you can enjoy the holiday.

Christmas trees are not a religious symbol.

They are religious adjacent, but common enough to be also considered secular.

Put the angel or star at the top and POOF, religious symbol. My non Christian friends usually put a Santa or an elf on top.

And putting the manger underneath it just adds to the religious significance, the part that is usually missing from the non-Christian displays.

Being an anti-religious bigot is sure as hell against the Christmas spirt, scrooge.

you people are fucking stupid. Go to Japan and tell those people they do not have Christmas spirt since they are not Christians.

One does not need to be religious to have Christmas spirit.

I would bet my house I get into Christmas far more than any of you faux-religious people.

Put the angel or star at the top and POOF, religious symbol. My non Christian friends usually put a Santa or an elf on top.

Nope, it still is not a religious symbol. I have had the same angel on the top of our Christmas tree for 30 years, the very first one the wife and I bought from KMart our first Christmas as a married couple.

you people are fucking stupid. Go to Japan and tell those people they do not have Christmas spirt since they are not Christians.

One does not need to be religious to have Christmas spirit.

I would bet my house I get into Christmas far more than any of you faux-religious people.

They aren't openly hostile to the source of the holiday when they eat their KFC under the Christmas tree, you are openly hostile.

One shouldn't be an anti-religion dipshit like you are.

And still your views and attitude make you a grinch. It's all show for you.

Nope, it still is not a religious symbol. I have had the same angel on the top of our Christmas tree for 30 years, the very first one the wife and I bought from KMart our first Christmas as a married couple.

It's still a religious symbol even if you don't treat it as such.

Like most atheist dipshits, you think reality is defined by your own views.

They aren't openly hostile to the source of the holiday when they eat their KFC under the Christmas tree, you are openly hostile.

I am not openly hostile to anyone but fucking morons like you. Religion has nothing to do with it.

How can this happen in our free society?
What do you mean? It’s a private organization that decided not to display something. They’re free to do so.

Do you understand what a “free society” is?

Forum List

Back