Merkel: Germany won’t normalize ties with Iran unless it recognizes Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani67

Gold Member
Dec 21, 2015
We’re talking to Tehran, but it’s not friendship, says chancellor, with Netanyahu at her side, in response to Times of Israel question
BY RAPHAEL AHREN February 16, 2016, 6:48 pm

German Chancellor Angela Merke and the Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu talk prior to a lunch as part of a one day governmental meeting at the chancellery in Berlin, Germany, Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2016. (AP Photo/Michael Sohn, Pool)
Raphael AhrenRaphael Ahren is the diplomatic correspondent at The Times of Israel.
Email the Newsroom
ANGELA MERKEL

BERLIN — Germany will not normalize its relations with Iran unless or until it recognizes Israel, Chancellor Angela Merkel said Tuesday.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email
and never miss our top stories
FREE SIGN UP!

Merkel was answering a question from The Times of Israel at a joint press conference alongside visiting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Asked about the apparent rush by Germany to rebuild relations with the regime in Tehran, Merkel answered: “We made very clear — the federal government, all parties that make up the coalition — that there cannot exist normal, friendly relations with Iran as long as Iran doesn’t recognize Israel’s right to exist.”

She said that this had been made clear to Iran at every relevant opportunity: “In all conversations [with Iranian counterparts], my ministers, and I myself if applicable, have made this clear.”

She said that while Germany and Iran were indeed now in contact with each other, the ties could not be described as friendship given Iran’s hostility to Israel. “There is difference between friendship and talking to each other,” she declared.

Merkel also said that the current climate in the Middle East does not allow for major steps toward the creation of a Palestinian state, calling instead for small steps to safeguard a future two-state solution for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

wuxq1.jpg
3393949355.jpg
1438132128796.jpg
merkel.jpg

We’re talking to Tehran, but it’s not friendship, says chancellor, with Netanyahu at her side, in response to Times of Israel question

German Chancellor Angela Merke and the Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu talk prior to a lunch as part of a one day governmental meeting at the chancellery in Berlin, Germany, Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2016. (AP Photo/Michael Sohn, Pool)
Raphael AhrenRaphael Ahren is the diplomatic correspondent at The Times of Israel.
Email the Newsroom
ANGELA MERKEL

BERLIN — Germany will not normalize its relations with Iran unless or until it recognizes Israel, Chancellor Angela Merkel said Tuesday.

FREE SIGN UP!

Merkel was answering a question from The Times of Israel at a joint press conference alongside visiting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Asked about the apparent rush by Germany to rebuild relations with the regime in Tehran, Merkel answered: “We made very clear — the federal government, all parties that make up the coalition — that there cannot exist normal, friendly relations with Iran as long as Iran doesn’t recognize Israel’s right to exist.”

She said that this had been made clear to Iran at every relevant opportunity: “In all conversations [with Iranian counterparts], my ministers, and I myself if applicable, have made this clear.”

She said that while Germany and Iran were indeed now in contact with each other, the ties could not be described as friendship given Iran’s hostility to Israel. “There is difference between friendship and talking to each other,” she declared.

Merkel also said that the current climate in the Middle East does not allow for major steps toward the creation of a Palestinian state, calling instead for small steps to safeguard a future two-state solution for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Traitor Bitch Merkel showing again who's pulling her strings. Thank goodness this bitch will be out of office soon.

Email the Newsroom
ANGELA MERKEL

FREE SIGN UP!

Traitor Bitch Merkel showing again who's pulling her strings. Thank goodness this bitch will be out of office soon.

s'matter Nazi girl, she's not supporting the Aryans?

bummer. sucks being you.

Thread closed. Copyright violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back