Michigan asks residents to help house, settle migrants amid crisis at border

A fellow Michigander wants more, just ask him sealybobo , he is all for it. He would probably like the idea of busing them into Michigan.
I don't want more unless we need them. We can absorb them. We have the largest Muslim population in America and we get along with them splendedly. Are they annoying? Sure. Just like Christians are annoying. Or Jews. But they have fit in to our society. Why? Not because they are better than blacks. We didn't cut them off from economic opportunities. In fact, we put them in between us and Detroit as a buffer.

I would strategically send them to cities that need low wage workers. Have the bunk 4 to a 1 bedroom. Sleep in shifts. So 2 of them would work nights and sleep days and the other two would work days and sleep nights. Many immigrants do this to make it in America. Suddenly the guys your boss and he marries a woman who cleans houses and their kid goes to college (or becomes a plumber) and that's the American dream.

Remember they didn't want your ancestors coming here taken our jobs.

I don't want more unless we need them. We can absorb them. We have the largest Muslim population in America and we get along with them splendedly. Are they annoying? Sure. Just like Christians are annoying. Or Jews. But they have fit in to our society. Why? Not because they are better than blacks. We didn't cut them off from economic opportunities. In fact, we put them in between us and Detroit as a buffer.

I would strategically send them to cities that need low wage workers. Have the bunk 4 to a 1 bedroom. Sleep in shifts. So 2 of them would work nights and sleep days and the other two would work days and sleep nights. Many immigrants do this to make it in America. Suddenly the guys your boss and he marries a woman who cleans houses and their kid goes to college (or becomes a plumber) and that's the American dream.

Remember they didn't want your ancestors coming here taken our jobs.
who is THEY?....

Again, I am not at all certain any reputable business will let invalid paperwork (from an illegal) get past them? Never knew of one in CA? over decades. But there are many service or landscaping companies that might? Companies also out-source a lot of work.

Once you accept an offer of employment and complete Form I-9, the employer takes the information from your Form I-9 and enters it into E-Verify. E-Verify compares your information against records available to DHS and SSA and provides the employer with a case result within 3 to 5 seconds.
In many cases the ID is valid. It's just not theirs!

Forum List

Back