Michigan School Shooting, 3 dead.

Again with the "APPARENTLY."

I usually scroll past your posts, so I never read it.

I can do the job you're not capable of. This from CBSNEWS:

Ethan was with James when the gun was purchased, she said, adding that social media posts from Jennifer referred to the gun as Ethan's Christmas present

still stands. Under Michigan law, this kid CANNOT own that gun until he turns 18.

Even so, THAT KID killed these 4 students. He STOLE a gun he DIDNT OWN. He is solely responsible for his actions.
You’ve been whining for a link for a while even after you have been given links.

Your flailing is pathetic.

Not nearly as much fat as our military spending has. Yet I'm sure you would throw a fit if we cut from that to spend for school security.
Why should the military pay for something the education monopoly is responsible for?

Particularly since we dont have nationalized education

You are aware that school superintendents make hundreds of thousands of dollars in annual salary, and often have enormous staffs in administration

The money is already there on education to use for protecting the students

I have given you this link twice now, will you quit ignoring it...

• Oakland County's prosecutor said the gun used in the Oxford High School shooting was an apparent Christmas gift.
  • McDonald said the mother of shooting suspect mentioned the gun was a gift on social media.
When I was his age my parents gave me a bolt action rifle for Christmas

And i didnt use it to murder innocent people with

When all the facts are know I may conclude that the parents exercised bad judgement or were in denial about the mental condition of their son

But we have not heard the parents side yet

Giving a gun to a dark minded troubled kid should definitely come with consequences. How could they not have seen the signs ? Yes evil exist, and it's times like these that proves that it exist. We can call it anything, but I will call it evil.

We have a huge book that describes it to a T, but the evil one has somehow fooled the masses by way of their wanting lust, otherwise convincing them that evil isn't real, but just a figment of one's imagination. Yeah right.... Try to explain that one to the parent's grieving over the loss of their loved one's by the hand's of evil.

Where did
anyone say they gave
the kid the gun. At this point the defense
states the gun was
"locked."

When all the facts are know I may conclude that the parents exercised bad judgement or were in denial about the mental condition of their son

At this point we dont know the timeline of what the parents knew or didnt know about their son. we do know the school, with trained professional educators, on staff child psychologists and likely a psychiatrist and security did not think the kid was an immediate or deqdly threat, since they did not isolate him, secure him, searched his lockers or belongings..........and they did not bring in the police that day or
before the meeting with the parents.....

So if all those highly trained professionals were not concerned, what were the parents supposed to think?

Where did
anyone say they gave
states the gun was
"locked."
We shall see I guess, but it best to be honest about these things if want to keep our gun rights. You get worried that these cases put our gun rights in jeopardy (I guess), and this is because of the evil politician's with an agenda who then pounce on everything involving a gun.

I ain't into that kind of fear, but I could be wrong, but honesty is always the best policy in order to win the day. If what has been said here is the truth, and that gun was given to this devil child by his parent's as a gift, and his parent's were these leftist hippie type friend's of their son instead of his parent's, then that shouldn't or wouldn't hurt our gun right's at all in the end. We should stand tall on the fact that common sense will prevail in these cases, and if anyone tries to take our right's away on a case that has nothing to do with responsible gun owner's, then let's start that fight immediately.

I bet at your age it was legal for you to own a bolt action rifle.

At this point we dont know the timeline of what the parents knew or didnt know about their son. we do know the school, with trained professional educators, on staff child psychologists and likely a psychiatrist and security did not think the kid was an immediate or deqdly threat, since they did not isolate him, secure him, searched his lockers or belongings..........and they did not bring in the police that day or
before the meeting with the parents.....

So if all those highly trained professionals were not concerned, what were the parents supposed to think?
If you're wrong about these parent's, I hope that you'll come back here and admit to it.

Where did
anyone say they gave
states the gun was
"locked."

The link has been posted 3 times in this thread alone where the mothers stated on social media that the gun was a present for Ethan

Where did
anyone say they gave
states the gun was
"locked."
How did the kid get his gun then ? It was an early Christmas present from his parents. Why would they keep it locked up away from him ?

I bet at your age it was legal for you to own a bolt action rifle.
I had a bolt action 22 rifle when I was 14 for squirrel hunting, and I had a 12 gauge auto for deer drives at the same age, and I had a 20 guage for turkey hunting, and annual turkey shoots. I had a double barrel 410 I called a snake charmer at 14.

I had bb and pellet guns prior to 14, and one was a 22 cal. It could kill squirrels.

I had a bolt action 22 rifle when I was 14 for squirrel hunting, and I had a 12 gauge auto for deer drives at the same age, and I had a 20 guage for turkey hunting, and annual turkey shoots. I had a double barrel 410 I called a snake charmer at 14.

I had bb and pellet guns prior to 14, and one was a 22 cal. It could kill squirrels.

And not a handgun between all those.

There are more restrictions on who can own a handgun than for long guns.

Those are sensible guns, they serve a purpose. Having all these military type guns that are semi-automatic and automatic are the problem of the way I see it. They should be legal only for the military and police officers. Although I've noticed when police officers shoot people they shoot them several times maybe it's because of the automatic weapons maybe they shouldn't even have them. The military will always be a different story, as the founding fathers indicators a well organized militia, since no federal army was desired or funded at the time.

When will there be some controls over the amount of guns in America? This slaughter of children can't be in anybody's interests!
Not when the people who put guns over the lives of people:

1638721369744.png

Imagine a Christmas Card with this ugly photograph by a member of Congress. U.S. Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) tweets a Christmas photo of his family holding guns. Two kinds of ugly!

Good grief, I don't have time for your babble. I'll make it easy for you, I'm a NRA 2nd amendment supporter all the way. And yes I have gun's, and yes I'm trained etc.
If this is just babble from me just ignore it. 80+% of NRA members are in favour of background checks and some gun control measures. Are you?

Not when the people who put guns over the lives of people:

View attachment 572086

Imagine a Christmas Card with this ugly photograph by a member of Congress. U.S. Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) tweets a Christmas photo of his family holding guns. Two kinds of ugly!
That is beyond sick. How could anybody in their right mind think that is fit to be put on a Christmas card.

I do wonder if the parents telling him not to talk to anyone is part of covering their own asses. Michigan law allows for them to be charged if their weapon was used and it had not been stored in a secure manner.

Not true. The media has been very explicit saying they could not be charged if the weapon was not secure. Michigan has no such law on the books.

Forum List

Back