Militant Christians

I bet TN thinks Solzhenitsyn was a militant christian too.

“More than half a century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of older people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: ‘Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened. Since then I have spent well-nigh fifty years working on the history of our Revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval...But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous Revolution that swallowed up some sixty million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.’”

“Templeton Lecture, May 10, 1983,” in The Solzhenitsyn Reader: New and Essential Writings, 1947-2005, eds. Edward E. Ericson, Jr. and Daniel J. Mahoney (Wilmington, DE: Intercollegiate Studies Institute, 2006), 577
So Russia slaughtering tens of millions of people is because they lost God?
What about the Christians that have slaughtered over a hundred million people in history? Did they lose God too?
Did God lose himself when he called for the murder of millions?
Did you read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and contribute eight volumes on the subject like Solzhenitsyn did?

They are willing to throw EVERYTHING aside to stand by a belief.
Why does this never get talked about on here? We have a few
All i see on here is "militant atheist that" or "militant atheist this"
Try some self awareness perhaps?
Lets discuss your aggression.
ding RWNJ

I think it rarely gets discussed because they do not have the allies like militant atheists do, to give their desire real force.
so the problem is nobody likes militant christians?

What's a "militant christian"

“More than half a century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of older people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: ‘Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened. Since then I have spent well-nigh fifty years working on the history of our Revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval...But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous Revolution that swallowed up some sixty million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.’”

“Templeton Lecture, May 10, 1983,” in The Solzhenitsyn Reader: New and Essential Writings, 1947-2005, eds. Edward E. Ericson, Jr. and Daniel J. Mahoney (Wilmington, DE: Intercollegiate Studies Institute, 2006), 577
What about the Christians that have slaughtered over a hundred million people in history? Did they lose God too?
Did you read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and contribute eight volumes on the subject like Solzhenitsyn did?
That reasoning is absolutely preposterous. Like it or not.
Thats why you couldnt respond, commander.

Which Christians(sect) "slaughtered over a hundred million people in history"?

ding RWNJ

I think it rarely gets discussed because they do not have the allies like militant atheists do, to give their desire real force.
so the problem is nobody likes militant christians?

What's a "militant christian"
whats a militant atheist?

Which Christians(sect) "slaughtered over a hundred million people in history"?
seriously?

the right wing Christians, aka Evangelicals and or Fundies, like Bachman and Moore are militant.

the right wing Christians, aka Evangelicals and or Fundies, like Bachman and Moore are militant.
yesterday, one of them said "when the world was flat"
:rofl:
Im not saying he is militant, but he is definitely hardcore.

Maybe their religion teaches them to be hostile and intolerant?
I seem to remember something about how christians are cloaked in the whole armor of god? Does that mean they should fight us infidels with words and fists?

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword."

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them"

"Take this cup of wine and drink it. This is my blood, the blood of the covenant."

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations"

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink"

No, the problem is that plenty of lefties like militant Atheists and support their attempts to marginalize the Religious Right.

I'm sure you've noticed that military atheists rarely if ever, bitch about religious dems or lefties.

Thus is a militant atheist starts smearing someone for being a Christian, a chorus of brain damaged lefties join in.

A militant Christian who might, say, try to dismiss someone because they are not Christian, his voice fades away with no weight or impact.

No problem.

gee i wonder if your damaged brain can figure out the difference?

maybe just maybe it has something to do with public policy AGENDA.

the religious right are control freak emos giving Christianity a bad name.

The Christian Left Welcomes You

Welcome! Are you a Christian and a Liberal? We've been searching for you...

If you're like many others like us you've probably felt alone out there. You've probably been told "You can't be a Christian and a Liberal!"

You've probably been ostracized by churches, and conservative "Christian" friends and family. You've probably doubted your own viewpoint at times.

You're in the right place! Conservative "Christians" have turned their back on one of the central tenets of the Bible.

The tenet that Jesus said was "The sum of the Law and all the prophets," to Love God and Love your neighbor as you do yourself! And who is our neighbor?

Jesus taught us it was a stranger … A stranger, of a foreign belief system, who stopped to help another stranger beat up and left for dead on the roadside while religious types passed him by!

The Bible is full of instruction that this teaching isn't “just for individuals.” It's a universal teaching. It applies to individuals, governments, and businesses.

Welcome home. You have found your tribe. Conservative "Christians" are wrong, and you've been right about Jesus all along!

We also welcome anyone who wants to be here. We have many, many friends who support our message of taking care of our brothers and sisters in this world. All of them!

http://www.thechristianleft.org/

No, the problem is that plenty of lefties like militant Atheists and support their attempts to marginalize the Religious Right.

I'm sure you've noticed that military atheists rarely if ever, bitch about religious dems or lefties.

Thus is a militant atheist starts smearing someone for being a Christian, a chorus of brain damaged lefties join in.

A militant Christian who might, say, try to dismiss someone because they are not Christian, his voice fades away with no weight or impact.

No problem.

gee i wonder if your damaged brain can figure out the difference?

maybe just maybe it has something to do with public policy AGENDA.

the religious right are control freak emos giving Christianity a bad name.
The religious left are control freak emos giving humans a bad name.

The Christian Left Welcomes You

Welcome! Are you a Christian and a Liberal? We've been searching for you...

If you're like many others like us you've probably felt alone out there. You've probably been told "You can't be a Christian and a Liberal!"

You've probably been ostracized by churches, and conservative "Christian" friends and family. You've probably doubted your own viewpoint at times.

You're in the right place! Conservative "Christians" have turned their back on one of the central tenets of the Bible.

The tenet that Jesus said was "The sum of the Law and all the prophets," to Love God and Love your neighbor as you do yourself! And who is our neighbor?

Jesus taught us it was a stranger … A stranger, of a foreign belief system, who stopped to help another stranger beat up and left for dead on the roadside while religious types passed him by!

The Bible is full of instruction that this teaching isn't “just for individuals.” It's a universal teaching. It applies to individuals, governments, and businesses.

Welcome home. You have found your tribe. Conservative "Christians" are wrong, and you've been right about Jesus all along!

We also welcome anyone who wants to be here. We have many, many friends who support our message of taking care of our brothers and sisters in this world. All of them!

http://www.thechristianleft.org/
Liberals dont want the govt to wipe their ass for them. Please tell that writer they are retarded. Thanks!

you must be retarded, if that is what you get from their message.

are you retarded or just dishonest...?

you must be retarded, if that is what you get from their message.

are you retarded or just dishonest...?
Anytime i see some dumbfuck trying to equate big govt to the bible, they are retarded. Thats a very reasonable judgment valerie.

ding RWNJ

Very observant Harley , and you are right!

Stay on the militant and the extremes, not all liberals or republicans are in this pot..

I will gather info and show you.

Forum List

Back