🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Military Censors Christian Chaplain, Atheists Call for Punishment

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Good Lord..

The military sure has changed since I got out.

Now even Chaplains are being told what they can and can't preach because if it offends an Atheist, they'll get in trouble?

You have got to be kidding me. There is nothing about Religion that doesn't offend an Atheist. Even worse, what may offend one won't offend another, but offending even one can get the Chaplain in trouble.

Christian Air Force chaplain under fire for reference to atheists - Washington Times

Air Force Lt. Col. Kenneth Reyes, a Christian chaplain stationed in Alaska, was censored for a line he wrote in his regular “Chaplain’s Corner” musings that are posted at the base’s online site, and now the Military Religious Freedom Foundation is saying he should be punished.

Fox News reported that Col. Reyes wrote an essay titled “No Atheists in Foxholes: Chaplains Gave All in World War II.” The reference about atheists hails from a 1954 speech by President Dwight D. Eisenhower, who said: “I am delighted that our veterans are sponsoring a movement to increase our awareness of God in our daily lives. In battle, they learned a great truth — that there are no atheists in the foxholes.”

Fox News reported that the Military Religious Freedom Foundation requested the base commander intervene and put a stop to Col. Reyes‘ “anti-secular diatribe” and said the reference of “no atheists in foxholes” violated military policy. Breitbart reported that the essay was taken down just five hours after the complaint was lodged, but the media group also reported that MRFF wants Col. Reyes disciplined.

“Faith based hate is hate all the same,” the group said in a letter, as Breitbart reported. “Lt. Col. Reyes must be appropriately punished.”

The Family Research Council responded in Breitbart: “A chaplain has been censored for expressing his beliefs about the role of faith in the lives of service members. … Why do we have chaplains if they aren’t allowed to fulfill that purpose?”

Good Lord..

Now even Chaplains are being told what they can and can't preach because if it offends an Atheist, they'll get in trouble?

You have got to be kidding me. There is nothing about Religion that doesn't offend an Atheist. Even worse, what may offend one won't offend another, but offending even one can get the Chaplain in trouble.

[...]
I was baptized and confirmed Catholic, I attended Catholic school and academy, but I have been an atheist for as long as I can remember. I concealed that repudiation of spiritual dogma because it would have deeply troubled my mother, a seriously practicing Catholic.

What interests me about the above commentary is the idea that atheists are offended by religion. I believe that is true only when religious principles are assertively imposed or interfere in some way. Otherwise, I believe most atheists are content to quietly ignore the religious convictions of others and to simply avoid all but academic discussions of the subject.

As I noted, not all Atheists are offended, but as the article proves, that there are those who are offended by an opinion piece written by a Chaplain.

So the Chaplin, who is responsible for promoting faith and spiritual well being in the military, quotes President Eisenhower in an effort to fulfill his responsibilty, and people want him disciplined for "hate"?

People through that word around alot. Hate. It seems to mean something to them that's different than what the dictionary says it means. Seems like the ones filled with hate wouldn't be inviting the people they supposedly hate to join them. Rather it seems more likely that they would try to silence and punish others for disagreeing with them

We live in a surrealistic and bizarre world where everyone is a victim and everything is offensive to someone. .. :cuckoo:

So know their taking God out of the Military --- apparently they need to convert what remains into Satanists.

Pass me a Pepsi --- aborted fetus remains taste good.

So know their taking God out of the Military --- apparently they need to convert what remains into Satanists.

Pass me a Pepsi --- aborted fetus remains taste good.

And yet the big Sky Pixie hasn't destroyed us yet.

So maybe there is no God.

Good Lord..

[/QUOTE]

Why are we still subsidzing religion in the military budget again?

Frankly, if there is one guy who is totally useless in any military organization, it's the Chaplain.

Forum List

Back