Min wage hiked in many states, and the tax cuts should bring even higher

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
wages right? Remember this has nothing to do the trump and pubs tax cut and job creation. I can hear the moaning already from the corps, we can't afford that.
---------------------------------
Minimum wage rising in more than 3 dozen states and cities in 2018

About 4.5 million workers around the country will benefit from the wage increases taking effect early this year, the Economic Policy Institute says.

The 10 states raising the minimum wage as a result of legislation or ballot measures are: Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington, according to EPI.

The eight states increasing their minimum wage through automatic inflation adjustments are: Alaska, Florida, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, Ohio and South Dakota.

Cities hiking the minimum hourly rate for workers range from several in California to New York City and Washington, D.C.

This is a better link:Minimum wage will rise in 18 states in 2018 — but no one can agree on the impact it will have

wait why should it hurt the state if min wage is hiked, with the pass through and corp tax cut, its expected the companies should only have more money to pass on to employees , right??

Last edited:
wages right? Remember this has nothing to do the trump and pubs tax cut and job creation. I can hear the moaning already from the corps, we can't afford that.

About 4.5 million workers around the country will benefit from the wage increases taking effect early this year, the Economic Policy Institute says.

The 10 states raising the minimum wage as a result of legislation or ballot measures are: Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington, according to EPI.

The eight states increasing their minimum wage through automatic inflation adjustments are: Alaska, Florida, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, Ohio and South Dakota.

Cities hiking the minimum hourly rate for workers range from several in California to New York City and Washington, D.C.

This is a better link:Minimum wage will rise in 18 states in 2018 — but no one can agree on the impact it will have

wait why should it hurt the state if min wage is hiked, with the pass through and corp tax cut, its expected the companies should only have more money to pass on to employees , right??
Pointless. As we reach full employment with the Trump economy, the minimum wage becomes largley irrrelevant.

Anyone who's livelihood is tied to the minimum wage needs to reevaluate their life.

I sure do hate it for those unskilled poor people... Oh well. Thank gawd we have the regressives that like to feed people instead of teaching them to hunt.

I sure do hate it for those unskilled poor people... Oh well. Thank gawd we have the regressives that like to feed people instead of teaching them to hunt.

They work. Do you want their unskilled job? I can sit and name many jobs that do not need extended schooling beyond HS, or even HS.

They involve using ones body, and well its ok for the congress to sit around and say SS should be raised to 70 and Medicare should be raised to 68, but they do not even need to bend down or lift their arms. Tell a waitress that, a fireman, a nurse, a nurse's aid, a carpenter, a roofer, and many more.

Note that it is certain places (primarily cities) that are hiking the wage, not the entire nation. You do understand the difference between that and hiking the federal wage, right?

They work. Do you want their unskilled job? I can sit and name many jobs that do not need extended schooling beyond HS, or even HS.

They involve using ones body, and well its ok for the congress to sit around and say SS should be raised to 70 and Medicare should be raised to 68, but they do not even need to bend down or lift their arms. Tell a waitress that, a fireman, a nurse, a nurse's aid, a carpenter, a roofer, and many more.
But will they? If you are paying 12 bucks an hour for someone to flip a piece of meat, are you going to hire a dumb person or someone decent that could work in many other places?
I would fire/not hire the dumb people. Might as well since i am being forced to pay wages that are worth more than the job.
GDP of the nonskilled likes to go down every time min wage goes up.

You do know when you make post like this you sound like an idiot right some jobs they pay you to do, some they pay you for what you know

And name me a roofer, a carpenter, a nurse or fireman making minimum wage?

But will they? If you are paying 12 bucks an hour for someone to flip a piece of meat, are you going to hire a dumb person or someone decent that could work in many other places?
I would fire/not hire the dumb people. Might as well since i am being forced to pay wages that are worth more than the job.

So are you saying that a dumb person, should not be able to make a living wage, and what classifies a "dumb" person. Someone without advanced education or is it a matter of IQ.

So are you saying that a dumb person, should not be able to make a living wage, and what classifies a "dumb" person. Someone without advanced education or is it a matter of IQ.
No. When people are overpaying someone for a simple job, they are not going to hire a dummy.I wouldnt. I doubt you would either.
Minimum wage jobs are good for kids, students and dumb people.
Oh well. Fuck the poor. If it aint the repubs, its the dems..

Pointless. As we reach full employment with the Trump economy, the minimum wage becomes largley irrrelevant.
No, it doesn't. A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage provides capital based incentive to work. And, social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour, any way.

Forum List

Back