Missouri lawmaker introduces bill that would require AR15 ownership

AR's are just barbie dolls for men,,,give me a mini-14 anyday

In what caliber?
last I heard a mini-14 has only one caliber

Ruger also made a Mini-30 in 7.62x39, not sure if they still do.

Mini-14's are pretty-looking but I wouldn't want another one. been there, done that. The early models had problem with barrel whip when they got warm, and the POI was all over the place.

It's made in three calibers that I know of.
And you're right about the barrel whip,they are known to be inaccurate due to that fact.
I'll take any mil spec AR over the mini everytime.

But you'd have to admit, they looked kinda cool on the A-Team television shows. Except with all that shooting they did, they never seemed to hit anyone.

:laughing0301:

There ya go...I'm gonna chalk it up to barrel whip.

In what caliber?

Mini-14's are pretty-looking but I wouldn't want another one. been there, done that. The early models had problem with barrel whip when they got warm, and the POI was all over the place.

And you're right about the barrel whip,they are known to be inaccurate due to that fact.
the mini -14 is made in one caliber,,,thats why its a 14 and not a 30

So what does the 14 denote?
While they may call it by a different name it's still the same rifle.
Just like a .300 blackout in an AR platform

The "14" denotes how many times you have to shoot at something before you hit it.

Then you'd be shit out of luck unless you happened to have one of those magazines marked "For Law Enforcement Use Only." :biggrin:

AR's are just barbie dolls for men,,,give me a mini-14 anyday

In what caliber?

Personally I love the AR platform.
More accurate than the mini and just as reliable.
I've shot thousands of rounds through my Sig AR and can count the number of failure to fire on one hand and they were due to cheap ammo.
I agree on all of that except the reliable part,,after 20yrs and a lot of ammo I have not had a single jam, and I use mostly surplus ammo in 223 and 556,,it just dont matter which

the benefit of the ar is the removable barrel during combat where you can change it everyday,,a trigger change on a mini is prolly faster than the ar

Trigger changes are rare. They'll usually last the life of the rifle.
My biggest problem with the mini is inaccuracy. I wouldnt want to face an AR with a mini at distance just like I wouldnt want to face an .338 Lapua at distance with an AR.
the biggest problem I see with the ar is they are under constant maintenance during a combat scenario, th people I know that own them are always doing something, where I've had the mini for 20 yrs and not had to do a single thing other than clean it every few yrs and I havent shot it in maybe 3 yrs and can pickit up and make a 100yd shot with no problem other than me being out of practice

both of them under 100yds is about the same with practice

I’d rather have a big stick with a nail in it

latest
B

Thats Great News!!!

The "14" denotes how many times you have to shoot at something before you hit it. :biggrin:

if you say so

In what caliber?

I've shot thousands of rounds through my Sig AR and can count the number of failure to fire on one hand and they were due to cheap ammo.
I agree on all of that except the reliable part,,after 20yrs and a lot of ammo I have not had a single jam, and I use mostly surplus ammo in 223 and 556,,it just dont matter which

the benefit of the ar is the removable barrel during combat where you can change it everyday,,a trigger change on a mini is prolly faster than the ar

My biggest problem with the mini is inaccuracy. I wouldnt want to face an AR with a mini at distance just like I wouldnt want to face an .338 Lapua at distance with an AR.
the biggest problem I see with the ar is they are under constant maintenance during a combat scenario, th people I know that own them are always doing something, where I've had the mini for 20 yrs and not had to do a single thing other than clean it every few yrs and I havent shot it in maybe 3 yrs and can pickit up and make a 100yd shot with no problem other than me being out of practice

Try hitting out to 400 meters.

I got a different rifle for that

In what caliber?

NOOO!!! the 30 is a completely different frame,, bigger and heavier,, you have to do more than look at them to know that

Why carry two rifles?
I also have deer rifles that will hit twice the distance of the AR but of course you're limited when it comes to putting rounds down range.
While you're loading up that five round mag I'll be advancing on your position with my thirty round mag.
I'll soon be in effective range with my Eotech that allows me to acquire my target far faster than trying to pick me up in a traditional scope.
The AR is just more effective at distance than the mini.

NOOO!!! the 30 is a completely different frame,, bigger and heavier,, you have to do more than look at them to know that

It's the same design just like the .300 Blackout is designed on the AR platform.

Why carry two rifles?
I also have deer rifles that will hit twice the distance of the AR but of course you're limited when it comes to putting rounds down range.
While you're loading up that five round mag I'll be advancing on your position with my thirty round mag.
I'll soon be in effective range with my Eotech that allows me to acquire my target far faster than trying to pick me up in a traditional scope.
your assuming I'm the only one down range,,,I have friends

and of course its always about what and where your doing it,,

here is missouri I shoot a 45-70 when deer hunting

as for an urban setting a mini will do just fine

It's the same design just like the .300 Blackout is designed on the AR platform.

its based on the same design but none of the parts change over,,thats why its a 30 and not a 14

where the ar is like a barbie doll and can change its shoes or shirt easily,,,

Why carry two rifles?

We're talking about the efficiency of rifles,not team tactics.
I'll still take my AR thanks.

its based on the same design but none of the parts change over,,thats why its a 30 and not a 14

where the ar is like a barbie doll and can change its shoes or shirt easily,,,

Parts from the .300 BlackOut are not interchangeable with the 5.56 for the most part.

Missouri lawmaker introduces bill that would require AR-15 ownership
ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – A bill introduced in Missouri would require residents to own AR-15 guns.
Andrew McDaniel (R-Deering) introduced House Bill 1108 late last month. The bill would establish the McDaniel Militia Act, “which requires every person between 18 and 35 years of age who can legally possess a firearm to own an AR-15 and authorizes a tax credit for a purchase of an AR-15.”

Even if it goes nowhere the guy put it out there, the laws are getting crazy why in the hell couldn't it work.
Now this is one guy whose talking. Reminds me of Switzerland where everyone is required to own a gun they have the lowest crime rates in the world oh imagine that. I wonder why that might be......Duuuuh.

I like it!!!!!!!

Why carry two rifles?

never said it wasnt better it might be,,, just I prefer the mini for several reasons, the biggest being cost, and since im considering the urban setting the mini is its equal,,,at least mine is with me holding it. and I'm not talking about shooting paper

Why carry two rifles?

never said it wasnt better it might be,,, just I prefer the mini for several reasons, the biggest being cost, and since im considering the urban setting the mini is its equal,,,at least mine is with me holding it. and I'm not talking about shooting paper

The mini is only a hundred bucks less than my Sig Sauer AR and it's mil spec.
But the accuracy more than makes up for that hundred bucks.

Why carry two rifles?

The mini is only a hundred bucks less than my Sig Sauer AR and it's mil spec.
But the accuracy more than makes up for that hundred bucks.
my mini was 350 bucks

Forum List

Back