MMA Jones vs. Teixeira.

BobPlumb

VIP Member
Jul 16, 2013
Anyone watching this Saturday night. will it be worth the 40+ bucks for pay for view? Can Teixeira get inside of Jone's incredible reach to be a threat?

MMA Jones vs. Teixeira.

Anyone watching this Saturday night. will it be worth the 40+ bucks for pay for view? Can Teixeira get inside of Jone's incredible reach to be a threat?

Just head out to a sports bar or pub to watch it. It's usually free provided you buy beer.

My money's on Jones. He's undefeated in the UFC, and has what it takes to win. I hope his foot is ok, he hurt it pretty bad awhile back. His toe was twisted out of place, I recall.

If I were in Baltimore on Saturday, I'd be at the fights. This will be Jones's (Bones) 7th consecutive title defense. He's only 26, but many consider him possibly the best all time light heavyweight champion. I've seen all his fights, and I tend to agree.

Jones needs to watch out for Teixeira. He's 5-0 in the UFC, and he's a Brazilian, which means he's a jiu-jitsu black belt, and a submission expert. However, given the fact that Jones has victories (which include submission victories) against fighters like Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort and Mauricio Shogun Rua, the odds are greatly in his favor.

Let the fights begin!
710_animated_fighting_smileys.gif

MMA Jones vs. Teixeira.

Just head out to a sports bar or pub to watch it. It's usually free provided you buy beer.

My money's on Jones. He's undefeated in the UFC, and has what it takes to win. I hope his foot is ok, he hurt it pretty bad awhile back. His toe was twisted out of place, I recall.

I watched that. Jones gave Channel Sonnen a beat down. TKO in the first round if I remember right. Channel did not belong in the same octagon as Jones, but Channel's mouth earned him the fight and a big payday for loosing. It is kind of ironic in that had Channel been able to hold on he may have won the fight because of the freak toe injury of Jones. Jones nearly passed out after the fight when he realized that his toe was broken.

If I were in Baltimore on Saturday, I'd be at the fights. This will be Jones's (Bones) 7th consecutive title defense. He's only 26, but many consider him possibly the best all time light heavyweight champion. I've seen all his fights, and I tend to agree.

Jones needs to watch out for Teixeira. He's 5-0 in the UFC, and he's a Brazilian, which means he's a jiu-jitsu black belt, and a submission expert. However, given the fact that Jones has victories (which include submission victories) against fighters like Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort and Mauricio Shogun Rua, the odds are greatly in his favor.

Let the fights begin!
710_animated_fighting_smileys.gif

I agree. Jones is the favorite for many reasons. However I have a hunch that Teixiera is going to be a tough fight and has the punching power to knock Jones out.

MMA Jones vs. Teixeira.

I watched that. Jones gave Channel Sonnen a beat down. TKO in the first round if I remember right. Channel did not belong in the same octagon as Jones, but Channel's mouth earned him the fight and a big payday for loosing. It is kind of ironic in that had Channel been able to hold on he may have won the fight because of the freak toe injury of Jones. Jones nearly passed out after the fight when he realized that his toe was broken.
Channel Sonnen is known for his vocal outbursts. I have to give him credit though. I recall in his fight against Anderson Silva, I believe he was winning the fight till the last round when Silva applied a triangle choke on Sonnen and chocked him out.

Too bad about Silva's leg. The way it broke, even if he comes back, he'll never be the same. If he ever does come back, he'd have to be on the lookout to be sure he's not caught in any leg hold, like a heel hook for instance.

Channel Sonnen is known for his vocal outbursts. I have to give him credit though. I recall in his fight against Anderson Silva, I believe he was winning the fight till the last round when Silva applied a triangle choke on Sonnen and chocked him out.

Too bad about Silva's leg. The way it broke, even if he comes back, he'll never be the same. If he ever does come back, he'd have to be on the lookout to be sure he's not caught in any leg hold, like a heel hook for instance.

I think a Father Time has caught up with Anderson Silver. No one would think less of him if he were to retire.

MMA Jones vs. Teixeira.

As I predicted, Jones came out the winner. Looks like no one could stop him now. He may be the new Anderson Silva.

MMA Jones vs. Teixeira.

As I predicted, Jones came out the winner. Looks like no one could stop him now. He may be the new Anderson Silva.

He is a freak of nature. Wow!

I watched with my nephew and split the cost.

MMA Jones vs. Teixeira.

I think a Father Time has caught up with Anderson Silver. No one would think less of him if he were to retire.

Anderson "Silver"! Damn auto correct.

Forum List

Back