🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mom Wants Book on Henrietta Lacks Banned From School

There was a case in Tuscaloosa about 20 years ago where a family went ballistic because 'Of Mice & Men' was on an alternate reading list for a local high school. Their complain? The word "goddamn" appeared 52 times. If you read Of Mice & Men, and all you get is the repeating of a single profanity, your reading comprehension is sadly lacking.
I'm sure they were more concerned with the fact that Steinback was a communist and an atheist with a hot contempt for religious people. I could have done very well without having "The grapes of wrath" shoved down my throat. Not everyone hates religion like you demonic Leftists and I'm sick of hearing you hypocrites bitch about having somebody's morality imposed when you do the same 'goddamned' thing.
An atheist or Communist can't turn a beautiful phrase? I'm with Billy. Life would suck if you couldn't separate your politics and religion from art and entertainment.

There was a case in Tuscaloosa about 20 years ago where a family went ballistic because 'Of Mice & Men' was on an alternate reading list for a local high school. Their complain? The word "goddamn" appeared 52 times. If you read Of Mice & Men, and all you get is the repeating of a single profanity, your reading comprehension is sadly lacking.
I'm sure they were more concerned with the fact that Steinback was a communist and an atheist with a hot contempt for religious people. I could have done very well without having "The grapes of wrath" shoved down my throat. Not everyone hates religion like you demonic Leftists and I'm sick of hearing you hypocrites bitch about having somebody's morality imposed when you do the same 'goddamned' thing.
An atheist or Communist can't turn a beautiful phrase? I'm with Billy. Life would suck if you couldn't separate your politics and religion from art and entertainment.
Steinback isn't art or entertainment, it's indoctrination. And that's the consistent theme seen in the picks for books kids are FORCED to read. The one book that showcased faith in God as playing a significant role in the narrative was an elective book a teacher read to us, one chapter a day. That was Where The Red Fern Grows. I'm sure if the powers that be found out about this kindly teacher's choice in literature, there would have been hell to pay.

I'm vindicated over and over by our choice to put our kids in private school. I guess they'll just have to miss out on Steinback poking fun at religious people saying "Praise Gawd".

I would think that saintmike's neighbors thank God over and over that he isolates himself from them.

Anyone who thinks Steinback is an indoctrinator instead of a literateur of the first class is an idiot.

Banning books...

Why stop there?

Why not follow the lead of these guys?

I just Godwinned a thread, how cool is that?

Are you sure this isn't a book about a transgender female who is now lacking his dick?

No cats were killed...no wonder you don't get it.

Forum List

Back