Mom Whose Son Was Tortured to Death by Illegal Endorses Trump, Says ‘Pope Doesn’t Care About Me’

bobdrake

Feb 13, 2016
EXCLUSIVE - Mom Whose Son Was Tortured to Death by Illegal Endorses Trump, Says 'Pope Doesn’t Care About Me' - Breitbart

Quoting from the article:

“I don’t think I’ve ever heard the Pope say one thing about our families [families who have lost loved ones at the hands of illegal immigrants]. I’m not sure he understands the loss we have felt. Is he just ignoring that? It rubbed me the wrong way,” Wilkerson told Breitbart.

Wilkerson’s 18-year-old son Joshua was tortured to death by a so-called DREAMER — i.e. an illegal immigrant who allegedly came to the country as a minor. Wilkerson said:

I follow Jesus Christ. I still sin sometimes, but I follow Jesus Christ. I am a Christian, and I have sympathy for everyone. I think God asks me to love everyone. He created us all equal, but I do not think God is asking me to help a whole country. I don’t think I can do that. I do not think he wants us to give up our family– because that’s what has happened. It tore my family to shreds. I had a solid, 25-year marriage, and we lost our last child. I had a take-your-kids-to-church-small-bussiness-obeyed-by-all-the-rules family. And this tore it to shreds. There’s nothing about me that’s racist or non-sympathetic. I don’t care who you are, I want to help you, but not at the expense of my own family.

And how about the Vatican City's Wall?

PHOTOS: Pope’s border wall around Vatican

CPr9i5TUkAAHCGM.jpg

Quoting from the article:

The wall in these photos is something more impressive than anything even Donald Trump could build.

Last edited:
This thread is so stupid it does not deserve a response. Every illegal alien I've ever met just wants to work so they can provide for their families.

This thread is so stupid it does not deserve a response. Every illegal alien I've ever met just wants to work so they can provide for their families.

Thank you for your feedback, Blackrook.

Now here are some quotes from a couple of articles that provide some stats:

Illegal Alien Crime Accounts for over 30% of Murders in Many States - Breitbart

Let’s look at a few numbers. You haven’t seen them in the New York Times, Atlanta Constitution, or the Miami Herald, nor have they been featured on NBC Nightly news or CNN. So, the average American is blissfully unaware of them.

• Between 2008 and 2014, 40% of all murder convictions in Florida were criminal aliens. In New York it was 34% and Arizona 17.8%.
  • During those years, criminal aliens accounted for 38% of all murder convictions in the five states of California, Texas, Arizona, Florida and New York, while illegal aliens constitute only 5.6% of the total population in those states.
  • That 38% represents 7,085 murders out of the total of 18,643.

Articles: Illegal Aliens Murder at a Much Higher Rate Than US Citizens Do

The Washington Post stated:

“Trump’s repeated statements about immigrants and crime underscore a common public perception that crime is correlated with immigration, especially illegal immigration. But that is a misperception; no solid data support it, and the data that do exist negate it.”​

But the GAO’s numbers do support that perception. Namely that illegals and non-citizens make up 3% and 8% of the population, respectively, but commit at least 22% to 37% of the murders. Illegals likely commit murder at about 10 times the rate of all U.S. inhabitants.

You cleverly used the term "criminal aliens" without defining what it is.

Since I was at one time an immigration lawyer, I know what a "criminal alien" is, and I've caught you in a lie.

Because there are three kind of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics. And you have lied using statistics.

The term "criminal aliens" means aliens who have been convicted of a crime. This is small subset of aliens, not all of them. And yes, they are criminals, so of course they've committed crimes. The lie you attempted to perpetrate was that this was the murder rate for ALL illegal aliens, and you did this to scare us into believing that illegal aliens are dangerous people who are going around murdering people.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The vast majority of illegal aliens come to the United States to work, so they can send money to their families back home. They have a very good attitude and are grateful for whatever work is available. They work in the fields picking fruit, they work in factories sewing garments, they work as maids in hotels, they work as cooks and busboys in restaurants, they work as gardeners and landscapers. These jobs are low paying jobs without any real chance to advance to a higher position. Because they are illegal, they have no bargaining power with employers, so put up with crap Americans would never tolerate.

I believe we should defend our borders and try to stem the flow of illegal immigration.

However, the anti-immigration people are getting uglier in what they are saying and how they are saying it, and Trump is partially to blame for that.

The Pope is right. Trump needs to dial down his rhetoric on illegal aliens. Most of them are good people and almost all of them are Christian. If we can't act Christian to our fellow Christians, then how can even call ourselves Christians?

Blackroot,

Please note that I am quoting from two articles.

Therefore, if any cleverness is involved, it needs to be attributed to their authors and not to me.

I agree with your statement:

"The vast majority of illegal aliens come to the United States to work, so they can send money to their families back home."
Discounting the first article for a moment, let's look at the second one that is quoted with me bolding for emphasis the content of the most significant part:

Articles: Illegal Aliens Murder at a Much Higher Rate Than US Citizens Do

The Washington Post stated:

“Trump’s repeated statements about immigrants and crime underscore a common public perception that crime is correlated with immigration, especially illegal immigration. But that is a misperception; no solid data support it, and the data that do exist negate it.”​

But the GAO’s numbers do support that perception. Namely that illegals and non-citizens make up 3% and 8% of the population, respectively, but commit at least 22% to 37% of the murders. Illegals likely commit murder at about 10 times the rate of all U.S. inhabitants.

Which doesn't change the fact that all of these murders are committed by a small subset of the total population of illegal aliens.

If you want to complain that illegal aliens are taking jobs away from Americans, that's a valid argument.

But don't tell us that illegal aliens are an invading army of killers, rapists and drug dealers, that is not what is happening. The vast majority of them come here to work, and the reason they come here is because they can't support their families working in their home countries.

But don't tell us that illegal aliens are an invading army of killers, rapists and drug dealers, that is not what is happening. The vast majority of them come here to work, and the reason they come here is because they can't support their families working in their home countries.

Blackrook,

Who said those words?

I don't see them is this thread.

Can you please clarify?

As an aside, this thread gave a personal account of a mom whose son was tortured to death by an illegal alien.

Some stats were provided about murder rates among illegal aliens.

I give you the last word.

Each person can be judged by his or her own actions.

You can't take the bad deeds of one illegal alien and say that all illegal aliens are to blame for it.

And saying the Pope doesn't care about her is bullshit. The Pope cares about everyone. That's his job.

Forum List

Back