Money In Politics

For my entire life liberals have been whining about the amount of money in politics.

At the same time, for my entire life liberals have been whining for bigger and bigger government.

Liberals cannot see that the more control government has over our lives, the more money will be spent trying to gain that control.

If you want less money in politics, then you clearly and plainly need less government.

Think about this, too: No amount of legislation and no amount of Supreme Court rulings have stopped money pouring into politics. Money always finds a way.

As government has grown, so has the amount of money spent on lobbying and campaign donations. Figure it out, people!
The days of citizen politicians are long gone, which is sad.

I would start by eliminating all the corporate welfare. Special tax incentives and all the cash deals. I want companies doing well because they are run well, not giving the most to politicians. But I’m curious what you would start with?

Just sit there and think..
What if the Federal govt was the size it was supposed to be?
What if we didnt have a 1,000,000 word tax code?
What if we didnt have our military all over the fucking planet?
Tis but a pipe dream at this point. We will fall like Rome before our bloated govt actually fixed any of this bullshit.

For my entire life liberals have been whining about the amount of money in politics.

At the same time, for my entire life liberals have been whining for bigger and bigger government.

Liberals cannot see that the more control government has over our lives, the more money will be spent trying to gain that control.

If you want less money in politics, then you clearly and plainly need less government.

Think about this, too: No amount of legislation and no amount of Supreme Court rulings have stopped money pouring into politics. Money always finds a way.

As government has grown, so has the amount of money spent on lobbying and campaign donations. Figure it out, people!
“For my entire life liberals have been whining about the amount of money in politics.

At the same time, for my entire life liberals have been whining for bigger and bigger government.”

This fails as a strawman fallacy – and a lie.

“Liberals cannot see that the more control government has over our lives, the more money will be spent trying to gain that control.”

This fails as a post hoc fallacy.

The thread premise exhibits remarkable ignorance as to what liberals ‘believe.’

“For my entire life liberals have been whining about the amount of money in politics.

At the same time, for my entire life liberals have been whining for bigger and bigger government.”

“Liberals cannot see that the more control government has over our lives, the more money will be spent trying to gain that control.”

Not a strawman. Obamacare is but the lastest example of government expansion demanded by liberals. Now the push is on for single payer.

You don't think a lot of money has poured into politics to achieve these goals and to gain control of that power?!?

Nice try.

You have to admit that when government has more power and favors to give there will be more looking to get those favors.

I would start by eliminating all the corporate welfare. Special tax incentives and all the cash deals. I want companies doing well because they are run well, not giving the most to politicians. But I’m curious what you would start with?
I would begin with ALL tax expenditures. I would ban politicians from having the power to enact deductions, exemptions, or credits of any kind, in one fell swoop.

I am willing to make only one exception and that is the EITC which is the only tax expenditure proven to increase productivity.

The benefit of eliminating all tax expenditures would be your tax return really would be a postcard.

Think about all the special interests who do not want that to happen, starting with TurboTax and H&R Block. And the real estate and construction industries. The list is very long.

I remember when liberals used to get the small donations from the working man and Republicans controlled the dirty corporate money. Now it's the opposite. Trump will hold corporations to account for outsourcing and enabling illegal aliens while Democrats are throwing the working man under the bus in favor of cheap, foreign labor and outsourcing. That's why the greedy bastards running multinational corporations favor Democrats. The big money people always favor the people who are on the take like Biden to people who back the American people like Trump. That's what makes Trump the ultimate American President. Sorry Hanoi Jane.

The benefit of eliminating all tax expenditures would be your tax return really would be a postcard.

Think about all the special interests who do not want that to happen, starting with TurboTax and H&R Block. And the real estate and construction industries. The list is very long.
I’m always amazed by dems getting mad when corporations or trump pay little or no taxes, but won’t get behind something like a flat tax. With a flat tax they would pay way more than nothing. I’m not sure a flat tax is the best option, but it sure it beats a system ruled by lobbies and loaded with deductions.

Just sit there and think..
What if the Federal govt was the size it was supposed to be?
What if we didnt have a 1,000,000 word tax code?
What if we didnt have our military all over the fucking planet?
Tis but a pipe dream at this point. We will fall like Rome before our bloated govt actually fixed any of this bullshit.
I don't know. I'm still optimistic. I don't see us ever achieving the Libertarian dream, but I do see us one day waking up to realize we can't afford big government any more.

As Winston Churchill allegedly said, "Americans will always do the right thing, only after they have tried everything else."

I remember when liberals used to get the small donations from the working man and Republicans controlled the dirty corporate money. Now it's the opposite. Trump will hold corporations to account for outsourcing and enabling illegal aliens while Democrats are throwing the working man under the bus in favor of cheap, foreign labor and outsourcing. That's why the greedy bastards running multinational corporations favor Democrats. The big money people always favor the people who are on the take like Biden to people who back the American people like Trump. That's what makes Trump the ultimate American President. Sorry Hanoi Jane.
More likely that tariffs will become another favor people want to buy from politicians.

I’m always amazed by dems getting mad when corporations or trump pay little or no taxes, but won’t get behind something like a flat tax. With a flat tax they would pay way more than nothing. I’m not sure a flat tax is the best option, but it sure it beats a system ruled by lobbies and loaded with deductions.
The flat tax is a shiny object. A misdirection. The flat tax does not contain any magical qualities which will prevent politicians from putting in the exact same exemptions, deductions, and credits.

You have to attack the source. Tax expenditures must be banned.

Not even the Fair Tax has any magical qualities which prevent exemptions. All it would take is one politician saying we need to exempt baby formula, and then that will be the wedge to piledrive a trillion dollars of additional exemptions. Pardon my mixed metaphors.

I’m always amazed by dems getting mad when corporations or trump pay little or no taxes, but won’t get behind something like a flat tax. With a flat tax they would pay way more than nothing.

What would a flat corporate tax look like? How is it different than what we have now?

The flat tax is a shiny object. A misdirection. The flat tax does not contain any magical qualities which will prevent politicians from putting in the exact same exemptions, deductions, and credits.

Not even the Fair Tax has any magical qualities which prevent exemptions. All it would take is one politician saying we need to exempt milk, and then that will be the wedge to piledrive a trillion dollars of additional exemptions. Pardon my mixed metaphors.
In theory, a flat tax gets rid of all expenditures. Adding exemptions wouldnt make it a flat tax anymore, correct?

Not even the Fair Tax has any magical qualities which prevent exemptions. All it would take is one politician saying we need to exempt milk, and then that will be the wedge to piledrive a trillion dollars of additional exemptions. Pardon my mixed metaphors.
In theory, a flat tax gets rid of all expenditures. Adding exemptions wouldnt make it a flat tax anymore, correct?
That’s what I have always believed.

Forum List

Back