Morality of Wealth Redistribution

I have a slight problem with the math, but according to these charts, the bottom 80% have lost wealth while the top 21% have gained a lot of wealth, the top 1% has gained 150%

Yeah, I know, it adds up to 101%, that's why I have a slight problem with the math.
No one has "lost wealth"...The chart clearly shows while the two bottom quintiles wages remain steady, those in the upper three have seen wages increase.
So what?.....Is it somehow criminal for people to use their work ethic or education to improve themselves?
I get pretty pissed off when I have to think about people on the class envy train looking cross eyed at me because I did the work necessary to become more well trained and certified in my line of work which helps me to earn more money. Ya know what? Fuck 'em.
I'll do what I want.

Of course you will, because you don't give a damn about anyone but yourself. That's what's wrong with our country today, greed, and power only in the hands of the wealthy making sure the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. You don't give a crap because you don't work a minimum wage job. You think you're better than them because you've had better luck. Trust me, you haven't worked harder at all.

Do you know that in 1968, minimum wage had the highest spending power in history? That a minimum wage worker could afford his own apartment, to buy a car, and to go to college part time? I know because that's exactly what my brother did at the time. He worked his butt off to do it too. You don't get that same advantage with a minimum wage job today, in fact even those making more than minimum are working 2 jobs to make ends meet and don't have the time or the money for any classes to improve their lives.

YOU were LUCKY!!! That's all you have that they don't. You sure as hell didn't work any harder than they work.

The hardest working people make the least money.

The Mexican farm workers and the people at McDonalds.

This country is totally fucked up. We are running huge deficits because the Republicans won't raise taxes on the rich by 3%.

Why is it you people think that because some have more therefore someone else MUST have less?

Because the only way a tic sucking on the government tit can get more is to take it from someone else. A tic on the ass of society cannot comprehend the concept of producing wealth. They only understand the concept of taking wealth.

Like corporate welfare???

No one has "lost wealth"...The chart clearly shows while the two bottom quintiles wages remain steady, those in the upper three have seen wages increase.
So what?.....Is it somehow criminal for people to use their work ethic or education to improve themselves?
I get pretty pissed off when I have to think about people on the class envy train looking cross eyed at me because I did the work necessary to become more well trained and certified in my line of work which helps me to earn more money. Ya know what? Fuck 'em.
I'll do what I want.

Of course you will, because you don't give a damn about anyone but yourself. That's what's wrong with our country today, greed, and power only in the hands of the wealthy making sure the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. You don't give a crap because you don't work a minimum wage job. You think you're better than them because you've had better luck. Trust me, you haven't worked harder at all.

Do you know that in 1968, minimum wage had the highest spending power in history? That a minimum wage worker could afford his own apartment, to buy a car, and to go to college part time? I know because that's exactly what my brother did at the time. He worked his butt off to do it too. You don't get that same advantage with a minimum wage job today, in fact even those making more than minimum are working 2 jobs to make ends meet and don't have the time or the money for any classes to improve their lives.

YOU were LUCKY!!! That's all you have that they don't. You sure as hell didn't work any harder than they work.

This country is totally fucked up. We are running huge deficits because the Republicans won't raise taxes on the rich by 3%.
obama's a republican, eh dipshit?

Envy has nothing to do with it.

The wealth has already been redistributed to the super rich through tax loopholes and a $516 TRILLION DOLLAR derivatives Ponzi scheme.

And all you can say is, "Thank you sir, may I have another!"

You can't redistribute anything unless you have first taken it from someone. A tax cut doesn't take money from anyone except the tics sucking off the taxpayers.

If derivatives are a Ponzi scheme, then the people who have invested in them will soon be without their money. You're envy problem will be solved.

Note: the richest person on the list hast $54 billion - not even close to $100 billion.

Last edited:
Why is it you people think that because some have more therefore someone else MUST have less?

Because the only way a tic sucking on the government tit can get more is to take it from someone else. A tic on the ass of society cannot comprehend the concept of producing wealth. They only understand the concept of taking wealth.

A tic like Big Oil?

A tic like Wall Street bankers?

A tic like every other blood sucking lobbyist in Washington?

How do they "produce wealth?" By stealing HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS in a $516 TRILLION DOLLAR DERIVATIVE SCHEME???

I'll do what I want.

Tax loopholes.. like those things that have ~50% of the populace paying no income tax at all???

Like corporate welfare???

Yes, corporate welfare is sucking off the taxpayers. I'm all for ending ethanol subsidies, Davis Bacon rules, tariffs, agricultural subsidies, yada, yada, yada.

Envy has nothing to do with it.

The wealth has already been redistributed to the super rich through tax loopholes and a $516 TRILLION DOLLAR derivatives Ponzi scheme.

And all you can say is, "Thank you sir, may I have another!"

You can't redistribute anything unless you have first taken it from someone. A tax cut doesn't take money from anyone except the tics sucking off the taxpayers.

If derivatives are a Ponzi scheme, then the people who have invested in them will soon be without their money. You're envy problem will be solved.

Horse shit.

The top 26 hedge fund managers were averaging $826 million dollars a year running the Ponzi scheme. They skimmed it off the top of THE SAVINGS OF HARD WORKING AMERICANS. And then, the Ponzi scheme ran out, the government GAVE THEM BACK THE MONEY THAT THEY STOLE AND NO ONE WENT TO JAIL!!!

Tax loopholes.. like those things that have ~50% of the populace paying no income tax at all???

Bingo.

And retired military getting a government check every month for the rest of their lives.

Bingo.

And retired military getting a government check every month for the rest of their lives.

You don't think the retired military should get their retirement pay??????

I'll do what I want.

its about risk and rewards. burn a burger no big deal. you won't even get fired over it. make a poor investment and you could lose millions of your own money. that's how the game is played. you're free to choose which player you want to aspire to be

Horse shit.

The top 26 hedge fund managers were averaging $826 million dollars a year running the Ponzi scheme. They skimmed it off the top of THE SAVINGS OF HARD WORKING AMERICANS. And then, the Ponzi scheme ran out, the government GAVE THEM BACK THE MONEY THAT THEY STOLE AND NO ONE WENT TO JAIL!!!

You'll have to be clear about who was given what. You have to have a minimum of $100,000 to invest in a hedge fund, so no "working Americans," as you refer to losers, were ripped off by investing in hedge funds. The federal government did not give any money to any hedge funds.

Bingo.

You don't think the retired military should get their retirement pay??????

I think a government check is a government check.

My father fought in WW II and never got a penny from the government.

What I believe is that our taxes are too low to support the military empire we are trying to run. So we have to either abandon our empire or raise taxes.

There is PLENTY OF WEALTH in this country. It is just concentrated in the hands of a very few people.

Horse shit.

You'll have to be clear about who was given what. You have to have a minimum of $100,000 to invest in a hedge fund, so no "working Americans," as you refer to losers, were ripped off by investing in hedge funds. The federal government did not give any money to any hedge funds.

Oh, please, listen to yourself. You are defending the people that DESTROYED OUR ECONOMY.

its about risk and rewards. burn a burger no big deal. you won't even get fired over it. make a poor investment and you could lose millions of your own money. that's how the game is played. you're free to choose which player you want to aspire to be

Here's how the game is played...

Hire a lobbyist to BUY INFLUENCE IN WASHINGTON.

Get the Republicans to lower your taxes and allow your industry to rape and pillage the average citizen.

Repeat as necessary...

Oh, please, listen to yourself. You are defending the people that DESTROYED OUR ECONOMY.

Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and the rest of the sub-prime Democrats sent the economy into a tail spin, and Obama drove it into the ground.

Hedge fund managers had nothing to do with it.

What a bunch of bull. Nobody CHOOSES to work at McDonald's. They HAVE to in order to make ends meet. YOU were LUCKY. Count your blessing and quit being so greedy. Start working so that others can have the same opportunities you did. That means, stop worrying about getting a tax break and start worrying about raising the minimum wage to a living wage. Let others have the same chance to become wealthy as you did. You are a hypocrite if you think that everyone has money to invest. Most of the people on foodstamps are the working poor, talk about shameful. We're the richest country in the world and many in our own military who put their lives on the line for us have to get foodstamps so they can feed their children. You aren't worth their sacrifice because you are so greedy you don't think they deserve any better. Meanwhile, you lord it over the working class and sit on your investments and cry that you don't deserve to pay taxes. Good grief, talk about class warfare. You want to make sure that the poor never have a chance to be better.

Get the Republicans to lower your taxes and allow your industry to rape and pillage the average citizen.

Repeat as necessary...

What industry is "raping and pillaging the average American?"

The federal government is raping us and pillaging us to the tune of over $4 trillion a year.

Repeat as necessary...

obama had the oportunity to repeal the tax breaks, did he?

obama had a chance to repeal the patriot act, did he?

obama promised to rid washington of lobbyists, did he? no he embraced them to help promote obama care as he sold out to them.

come on chris. you're liberal bullshit spin is long overplayed and pointless.

Obama is everything you say you hate. take off the friggin blinders already

yep, only these class warfare liberal assholes. Want the rich to take all the risk, but when their investments pay off and they get even richer. Well then they want to be able to say hey you don't need that much money lets take most of it and give it to the poor.

Forum List

Back