More blowback against our whiney, immodest, and shamelessly self-promoting president

Okay, here ya go.

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

Read more: Osama bin Laden death: SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit | Mail Online

You know what all three of those guys have in common?

They weren't on the Bin Laden raid.

I doubt the ones on the raid who are still active are allowed to talk. No one knows the names of those on the raid, so can't say whether these guys were there or not. However, it's interesting to hear what their fellow SEALS have to say about it. Even though many cannot make any public statements, I don't doubt they talk to their friends and this gives us an idea of the sentiments being expressed. Obama often uses the word "I" and tends to forget to thank those who actually did the job. Obama really had no choice but to allow the search mission to continue. He didn't come up with the idea and merely had to give the okay, which apparently he did only after ensuring his own butt was covered, you know, like all good leaders do. Not.

So now you are ASSUMING that the active duty seals on seal team 6 talked to and told these FORMER seals their true feelings even though you have ZERO proof that they even know each other.

are you really this desperate to try and tear obama down??

as for your "i" word comment that has been spewed about this board too and already countered becuase in the propaganda that highlights obama's use of the word "i" he uses the words "we", "us" and "our" a whole lot more than "I."

Furthermore he thanked those who actually did the leg work many times over. Are you the same loser that started the other thread?? I have to ask because you are running with the same talking points that were shot down in that earlier thread almost word for word.

btw

What proof do you have that obama never thanked them?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAw25BNfzlE]US President Barack Obama praises Navy Seal unit who carried out deadly Osama bin Laden raid - YouTube[/ame]

36 seconds into the video obama thank them. So what do you say about that? do you feel gullible and ignorant for buying into right wing talking points and lies??

Last edited:
I think he is blowing it big time with this whole campaign. The libs will eat it up but the rest of us are vomiting in disgust.

I love this. Check Biden's t shirt.

obamaBernies.jpg

Okay, here ya go.

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign

Read more: Osama bin Laden death: SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit | Mail Online

You know what all three of those guys have in common?

They weren't on the Bin Laden raid.

I doubt the ones on the raid who are still active are allowed to talk. No one knows the names of those on the raid, so can't say whether these guys were there or not. However, it's interesting to hear what their fellow SEALS have to say about it. Even though many cannot make any public statements, I don't doubt they talk to their friends and this gives us an idea of the sentiments being expressed. Obama often uses the word "I" and tends to forget to thank those who actually did the job. Obama really had no choice but to allow the search mission to continue. He didn't come up with the idea and merely had to give the okay, which apparently he did only after ensuring his own butt was covered, you know, like all good leaders do. Not.

I agree. So why are others speaking for them?

The rest is just your opinion.

If a SEAL came out and said the President was the greatest thing since sliced bread,the liberals would be going off about how the troops love the president.

In truth, no one speaks for the troops. They aren't some utonomous unit that engages in group think. They all have their own opinions.

This shit is so old.

BTW, I was never in the Navy, but as I understand it, there re SEALs and then there is SEAL Team 6. Just like in the Army there is Special Forces and then there is Delta Force

I think he is blowing it big time with this whole campaign. The libs will eat it up but the rest of us are vomiting in disgust.

Primarily, the only ones disgusted are the Obama haters. The wingnuts are doing Obama a favor by helping to remind voters that Osama bin Laden was killed on Obama's watch - as a result of Obama's renewed efforts to get him.

Looks like Obama wasn't man enough to make a tough decision and take full responsibility for it from the start. He was quick to jump in and take a bow when the SEALS complete the mission successfully. Any guesses on what he would have done if they had failed? Perhaps he'd still be blaming others and would act as if he had nothing to do with it.

Now former Attorney General Michael Mukasey has weighed in. Mukasey makes three important points. First, although Obama approved the killing of bin Laden, he attempted before hand to cover his rear end to an unseemly degree:

A recently disclosed memorandum from then-CIA Director Leon Panetta shows that the president’s celebrated derring-do in authorizing the operation included a responsibility-escape clause: “The timing, operational decision making and control are in Admiral McRaven’s hands. The approval is provided on the risk profile presented to the President. Any additional risks are to be brought back to the President for his consideration. The direction is to go in and get bin Laden and if he is not there, to get out.” Which is to say, if the mission went wrong, the fault would be Adm. McRaven’s, not the president’s.

More blowback against our whiney, immodest, and shamelessly self-promoting president
More blowback against our whiney, immodest, and shamelessly self-promoting president | Power Line

If the mission had failed, it wouldn't have been released to the press. It'd be kept highly classified.

No one would know about the mission, if it had failed.

Well, everyone sure knew about President Carter's failed Operation Eagle Claw. If the Obama mission had failed, I guarantee it would have become public. Guarantee! It would have leaked and the press would have quickly picked it up. Hell, even Obama was worried about it leaking prior to the raid.

Looks like Obama wasn't man enough to make a tough decision and take full responsibility for it from the start. He was quick to jump in and take a bow when the SEALS complete the mission successfully. Any guesses on what he would have done if they had failed? Perhaps he'd still be blaming others and would act as if he had nothing to do with it.

Now former Attorney General Michael Mukasey has weighed in. Mukasey makes three important points. First, although Obama approved the killing of bin Laden, he attempted before hand to cover his rear end to an unseemly degree:

A recently disclosed memorandum from then-CIA Director Leon Panetta shows that the president’s celebrated derring-do in authorizing the operation included a responsibility-escape clause: “The timing, operational decision making and control are in Admiral McRaven’s hands. The approval is provided on the risk profile presented to the President. Any additional risks are to be brought back to the President for his consideration. The direction is to go in and get bin Laden and if he is not there, to get out.” Which is to say, if the mission went wrong, the fault would be Adm. McRaven’s, not the president’s.

More blowback against our whiney, immodest, and shamelessly self-promoting president | Power Line

If the mission had failed, it wouldn't have been released to the press. It'd be kept highly classified.

No one would know about the mission, if it had failed.
You mean like Desert One?

Well yeah he's the president isn't he, the face of our nation our leader, so if our armed forces, who are under him as he is Commander and Chief, do something great he should get some some praise, or would it be too much to say that Lincoln won the war, where do you draw the line? And obviously he is taking all the bad listen to all you anti-obamians, is it really too much to give him a little credit...reallly?

Lincoln credited his commanders and the soldiers. So did Eisenhower. THat's what regular commanders do, acknowledge the hard work of people who actually did something.
Unlike Obama who is clinging to this like pure death because he hasn't got a success anywhere else.

The evidence does not support the OP. Fail.

Well yeah he's the president isn't he, the face of our nation our leader, so if our armed forces, who are under him as he is Commander and Chief, do something great he should get some some praise, or would it be too much to say that Lincoln won the war, where do you draw the line? And obviously he is taking all the bad listen to all you anti-obamians, is it really too much to give him a little credit...reallly?

Lincoln credited his commanders and the soldiers. So did Eisenhower. THat's what regular commanders do, acknowledge the hard work of people who actually did something.
Unlike Obama who is clinging to this like pure death because he hasn't got a success anywhere else.

If I take the time to post a dozen examples of President Obama giving credit to the Navy Seals, Intelligence officers, and military in general for the successful raid on Bin Laden's compound and other military actions, will you post an apology to the man?

If I take the time to post a dozen examples of President Obama giving credit to the Navy Seals, Intelligence officers, and military in general for the successful raid on Bin Laden's compound and other military actions, will you post an apology to the man?

If you can show that in the last week or two you might have apoint.
Obama strategy of taking credit for Osama bin Laden killing risky, observers say - The Washington Post

How about an apology from Obama to the military? He seems OK with apologizing to everyone else.

Obama has nothing to apologize for in this matter, and The Rabbi should be writing a thank you letter to the WH.

You are in the small minority on this, The Rabbi. Let's concentrate on the economy.

Forum List

Back