More "Service Merchandise" type store set-ups due to theft....PA Home Depot

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
IMG_0059_jpeg-2832751.JPG

Upper Darby, PA.....A burb of Philly.

I guess that’s one way to push your customers to buying online. ;)

If I saw that shit there is no way I would go through the hassle of flagging down some orange vest person to unlock it for me. Ain’t nobody got time fo dat.

Rule of law is fading away. It's going to get worse everywhere. Even the decent towns are going to see it, but some cities are going to become pure Hell holes.

I ran across something just like this at my local Home Depot here in southern Utah. I literally had to go find some disinterested employee to go open the cage so I could buy a Dewalt battery. I could understand having to do this in or near an inner city where theft is a way of life, but here in my town, the crime rate is way below the national average, and we don't have the inner-city-type thugs running the town. There's no good reason for it where I live.

But you're right … buying online is less of a hassle and generally less expensive.

That isn't new where I live. Home Depot and Lowe's have had their tools locked up for nearly a decade.

Stores that sell electronics have used tamper alarms longer than that.

What is new, though, is seeing retailers lock up toiletries like liquid soap, shampoo, lotion, etc.

That isn't new where I live. Home Depot and Lowe's have had their tools locked up for nearly a decade.

Stores that sell electronics have used tamper alarms longer than that.

What is new, though, is seeing retailers lock up toiletries like liquid soap, shampoo, lotion, etc.
I don't know if it is the same everywhere else, but WalMart here only sells toilet paper in large qtys.
Meaning the 4 packs are gone. Mostly 8-16 packs. Also they moved all of the toiletries to way in the back of the store.

IMG_0059_jpeg-2832751.JPG

Upper Darby, PA.....A burb of Philly.

I guess that’s one way to push your customers to buying online. ;)

If I saw that shit there is no way I would go through the hassle of flagging down some orange vest person to unlock it for me. Ain’t nobody got time fo dat.

Rule of law is fading away. It's going to get worse everywhere. Even the decent towns are going to see it, but some cities are going to become pure Hell holes.

Come to South Dakota (but only if you vote like a normal American).

We have Menard's -- giant home improvement store. Nothing like the locked displays in that photo. Just stay away from the Menard's stores in Minnesota.

My nieces and nephew-in-law from the west coast visited last summer for a week, and the nephew-in-law wanted to spend the whole visit in the Menard's on the east side of Sioux Falls! I got everything on my honey-do list done! For just the cost of materials!

Last edited:
None do this around me.

But I can see it coming. More apartments have been built in my area in the past 2 years than homes have been built in the past 6.

Also seeing more blacks in the area than ever before. Seeing a increase in trashy people. Everyday I hear someone blow their horn the instant a traffic light turns green when that never ever used to happen. And so on.

Forum List

Back