More strange Florida news....LSD-tainted beef

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Tampa family sickened by LSD-tainted beef

TAMPA, Fla. -- A Tampa Police investigation is underway Friday after an entire family, including a pregnant woman and two young children, were hospitalized as a result of eating LSD-laced meat, reports CBS Affililate WTSP in Tampa.

According to reports, it all began Monday night when 24-year-old Ronnie Morales complained he felt sick after eating dinner.

Morales' girlfriend, 31-year-old Jessica Rosado drove him to St. Joseph's Hospital, but it wasn't long before she too, fell ill. Roasado, who was nine-months pregnant, was rushed to St. Joseph's Women's Hospital, where they safely delivered her baby.

The situation worsened as Rosado's young daughters, ages 7 and 6, also got sick and reportedly began hallucinating.

...Chief Castor did said they know the family is not at fault.

The meat was purchased at a Walmart located at 1501 North Dale Mabry Highway in Tampa. The store has since removed the specific type of meat from their shelves, and released the following statement in regard to the incident

Tampa family sickened by LSD-tainted beef - CBS News

These people were pretty sick... what a crappy thing for someone to do. :mad:

CaféAuLait;8743778 said:
Tampa family sickened by LSD-tainted beef

TAMPA, Fla. -- A Tampa Police investigation is underway Friday after an entire family, including a pregnant woman and two young children, were hospitalized as a result of eating LSD-laced meat, reports CBS Affililate WTSP in Tampa.

According to reports, it all began Monday night when 24-year-old Ronnie Morales complained he felt sick after eating dinner.

Morales' girlfriend, 31-year-old Jessica Rosado drove him to St. Joseph's Hospital, but it wasn't long before she too, fell ill. Roasado, who was nine-months pregnant, was rushed to St. Joseph's Women's Hospital, where they safely delivered her baby.

The situation worsened as Rosado's young daughters, ages 7 and 6, also got sick and reportedly began hallucinating.

...Chief Castor did said they know the family is not at fault.

The meat was purchased at a Walmart located at 1501 North Dale Mabry Highway in Tampa. The store has since removed the specific type of meat from their shelves, and released the following statement in regard to the incident

Tampa family sickened by LSD-tainted beef - CBS News

These people were pretty sick... what a crappy thing for someone to do. :mad:

As someone intimately aquainted with the effects of acid (I went to college...) this doesn't sound like lsd. You don't 'feel sick' on acid. Sounds more like some kind of contamination that caused delerium or something along those lines.

LSD effects don't kick in for about an hour if orally ingested. If you notice an effect right afetr eating, it wasn't acid.

At the hour mark the onset of effects are very gradual. I liken it to having the floodgate of perception come down and you perceive reality in its entirety, instead of only the fraction we get sober. And at leats in many trips, I never hallucinated in that I saw something that wasn't there. Instead I simply fixated on details much more than ordinarily. Recall being fascinated by single Cheeze-Itz crackers counting the specks of salt on one. :) A blank painted wall, with little drops of running paint were like master works of art. A ceiling fan with lamp was strangely alluring. Higher doses I have a couple 'missing time' or blackouts where my perception of the passage of time was screwed up. Knocked on my then roommate's door for what I thought was just afew seconds, but when he answered he informed me a couple hours had passed. Another time my girlfriend showed up to act as 'ground control' seemingly right after I hung up the phone though the trip took her about 15 minutes she said.

To this day some 20 years later, if I tense my back just right I get black shapes like 'goldfish' swimming in my view. Knowing it's a flashback (of a very minor sort,) I simply go with it. :) While I support marijuana legalization, I don't think legalizing lsd is a good idea. Effects last about 12 hours, and really is like being clinically insane for that time. Because I've always been a level-headed rationalist my experiences were relatively moderate, but I'd worry what someone already a little crazy would experience so for that reason don't support its legalization. Think the federal mandatory minimums for it should be repealed and a misdeamenor charge be applied though.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back