More women only hotels, and amenities - self segregation

Look! Women are doing it so separate but equal must work!:rolleyes:

Funny how the only people segregating are liberal darling groups.

You have movements for black only classes because libs claim blacks learn better when whites aren't around.

I have no idea what you're whining about. Clearly it's something besides the story in your OP.

but that's okay. Liberal darling groups can self segregate without being hateful bigots.

BBC - Travel - Business travel gets a female touch : Business

Your post makes no sense.

Prohibition of segregation on 14th Amendment grounds applies to government and public sector entities only. Private groups and organizations are allowed to determine their groups’ make up based on First Amendment free association.

There is no such thing as ‘liberal darling groups,’ there is no hypocrisy or inconsistency, this has nothing to do with ‘bigotry.’

I didn't read the article but from previous discussions it sounded like security was a major issue in 'women only' hotels.

'Self segregating' based on the 14th amendment --I suppose that could be a factor.

but that's okay. Liberal darling groups can self segregate without being hateful bigots.

Prohibition of segregation on 14th Amendment grounds applies to government and public sector entities only. Private groups and organizations are allowed to determine their groups’ make up based on First Amendment free association.

There is no such thing as ‘liberal darling groups,’ there is no hypocrisy or inconsistency, this has nothing to do with ‘bigotry.’

So if private establishment had white only floors, you'd be fine with that? That's bizarre your comment because the commerce clause was used to force desegregation of private establishments open to the public like restaurants.

So if private establishment had white only floors, you'd be fine with that? That's bizarre your comment because the commerce clause was used to force desegregation of private establishments open to the public like restaurants.

My grandfather belonged to a private club that didn't allow blacks or Jews as members, so they're out there. More than likely I wouldn't patron such a place.

Until last year, the Augusta National Golf Club didn't admit women.

The gym I go to has a workout room for women only, no men allowed. Who cares?

It is obvious that steve wants to sleep with amy and amy wants to sleep with steve. We just need to figure out how to politely match them up with each other.

No, now you’re addressing Commerce Clause jurisprudence, where public accommodations laws are Constitutional in that segregation has an adverse effect on a given market, in this case hotels/motels. See: Heart of Atlanta Motel v. US (1964).

PS, there are state entities like swimming pools that have women only hours despite the 14th amendment. One in particular is the Columbia Association in Maryland.

Forum List

Back