Zone1 Mormonism binds its own people

ninja007

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Living rent free in libs heads
Mormonism, like all other religions (legalism; man based, works based) binds its own people with a gospel that is so unobtainable that no one could accomplish it. As true Christian I recognize my utter and total failure to live the whole law or to reach a point where I can stop sinning in this life. While I strive for righteousness and holiness, I have to rely and trust on God's mercy at Jesus' expense of His life to give me the righteousness of Christ in order to dwell with my Heavenly Father forever. To the Truth seeking Mormon this is the good news that Jesus died for you and that by one offering He has perfected you for all time. That His grace is sufficient for you even in your weakness and transgressions, for righteousness (right standing with God) could not come by keeping God's commandments, if so Jesus died in vain.

To the Mormon, you can have the righteousness of Christ, that perfect righteousness and not of your own in order to be able to stand before God on the Day of Judgment. This righteousness that is pure and holy which is through faith in Jesus Christ that is imputed to you as taught in the Bible and not in Mormonism or the Book of Mormon. I hope mormons realize the impossibility of obtaining eternal life by the standard set forth by Mormonism and understand the wickedness' of your rebellion against a Holy God if you think you can obtain a righteousness on your own, by your works. Trying to come any other way to God except in the righteousness of Christ, Jesus says that you are a thief and a robber. Accept God's free gift (Christ Righteousness and Sinlessness) and leave the bondage of this false religion behind you and come to a Peace that will pass all understanding when you let Jesus give you His righteousness as the free gift of God and not of your works. Stop thinking that you can earn your way to heaven by your law keeping and obedience. You cannot- ever. The Pharisses thought the same; most other religions (cults) think the same. Salvation is a FREE GIFT.

Mormonism, like all other religions (legalism; man based, works based) binds its own people with a gospel that is so unobtainable that no one could accomplish it. As true Christian I recognize my utter and total failure to live the whole law or to reach a point where I can stop sinning in this life. While I strive for righteousness and holiness, I have to rely and trust on God's mercy at Jesus' expense of His life to give me the righteousness of Christ in order to dwell with my Heavenly Father forever. To the Truth seeking Mormon this is the good news that Jesus died for you and that by one offering He has perfected you for all time. That His grace is sufficient for you even in your weakness and transgressions, for righteousness (right standing with God) could not come by keeping God's commandments, if so Jesus died in vain.

To the Mormon, you can have the righteousness of Christ, that perfect righteousness and not of your own in order to be able to stand before God on the Day of Judgment. This righteousness that is pure and holy which is through faith in Jesus Christ that is imputed to you as taught in the Bible and not in Mormonism or the Book of Mormon. I hope mormons realize the impossibility of obtaining eternal life by the standard set forth by Mormonism and understand the wickedness' of your rebellion against a Holy God if you think you can obtain a righteousness on your own, by your works. Trying to come any other way to God except in the righteousness of Christ, Jesus says that you are a thief and a robber. Accept God's free gift (Christ Righteousness and Sinlessness) and leave the bondage of this false religion behind you and come to a Peace that will pass all understanding when you let Jesus give you His righteousness as the free gift of God and not of your works. Stop thinking that you can earn your way to heaven by your law keeping and obedience. You cannot- ever. The Pharisses thought the same; most other religions (cults) think the same. Salvation is a FREE GIFT.
Mormons have different planets you will go to next. You don't have to be erfect they have a planet you can live on with Jesus in the terrestrial kingdom. If you achieve near perfection you can becaome a God and rile your own planet. This is where Polygamy comes in handy, several wives to populate your planet. I think the many mansions thing they took in this direction witht he Planets.

John 14:2-6 NKJV​

In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.” Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

I live in Utah and was once married to a Mormon. Bt I never converted. It is hard to live her because I am far from perfect. I am pretty much a loser in the Mormons eyes. I've been told so by one lol.

The Catholics are the only ones who have accepted me. But ironically, the only Catholic church near me never returns my calls or emails.

The Catholic Church recognizes that seeking salvation is our permanent status. It is never achieved in this life. It also recognizes that humans are weak.

Few things in Catholic life are more nauseating than to hear a "Born Again" talk about how s/he is "saved." Nonsense.

Blinds . Not binds .

Few things in Catholic life are more nauseating than to hear a "Born Again" talk about how s/he is "saved." Nonsense.
I am truly born again .
I believe Jesus was mentally soft in the head and an impersonator . You know the type -- probably ate plants and was forever lighting candles and making smart cracks about what animals do .
One of those lower class types who is rather ashamed of his parents and invents a ridiculous CV for his Dad .
Head of the Nazarines might have fooled his fans but the yarn about Dad creating the Universe suggests a Messiah complex

That His grace is sufficient for you even in your weakness and transgressions, for righteousness (right standing with God) could not come by keeping God's commandments, if so Jesus died in vain.

What in mormonism does not teach this:

6 Wherefore, aredemption cometh in and through the bHoly cMessiah; for he is full of dgrace and truth.

7 Behold, he offereth himself a asacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto bnone else can the cends of the law be answered. (II Nephi 2:6-7)

Also:

13 Therefore, it is expedient that there should be a great and last sacrifice, and then shall there be, or it is expedient there should be, a astop to the shedding of bblood; then shall the claw of Moses be fulfilled; yea, it shall be all fulfilled, every jot and tittle, and none shall have passed away.

14 And behold, this is the whole ameaning of the blaw, every whit cpointing to that great and last dsacrifice; and that great and last esacrifice will be the Son of God, yea, finfinite and eternal.

15 And thus he shall bring asalvation to all those who shall believe on his name; this being the intent of this last sacrifice, to bring about the bowels of mercy, which overpowereth justice, and bringeth about means unto men that they may have faith unto repentance.

16 And thus amercy can satisfy the demands of bjustice, and encircles them in the arms of safety, while he that exercises no faith unto repentance is exposed to the whole law of the demands of cjustice; therefore only unto him that has faith unto repentance is brought about the great and eternal dplan of eredemption. (Alma 34:13-16)

And:
32 Yea, acome unto Christ, and be bperfected in him, and cdeny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and dlove God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be eperfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye asanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the bblood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your csins, that ye become dholy, without spot. (Moroni 10:32-33)

The Atonement of Jesus Christ does for us what we we cannot do for ourselves. However, it does require us to do what we can (repent and strive to be good). Everytime we stumble, the Savior is there to pick us up (through his Grace) and keep us moving forward.

Let me ask this:

What did the Savior of the World mean when he said:

48 aBe ye therefore bperfect, even as your cFather which is in heaven is dperfect. (Matthew 5:48)

Or why did he give the three parables in Matthew 25 ? What were they mean to teach ?

In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we do not believe that our works save us. However, we do believe that Christ will not extend his saving grace (which does save us) unless we follow after him and keep his commandments. This is what Jesus also taught in the Bible:

Matthew 7:21
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

If we do not do the will of our Father in Heaven, we will not gain entrance into the kingdom of heaven. What is his will? That we follow his Son and keep his commandments. We must exercise faith in Jesus Christ. The Apostle James in his second chapter teaches very clearly that works such as keeping the commandments and ordinances of the gospel are a necessary part of faith. Without works as part of your faith, your faith is dead. Neither faith nor works do the saving but only the grace of Jesus Christ. However, as Matthew 7:21 above tells us, if we do not do the will of our Father in Heaven, we may never gain entrance into the kingdom of heaven. It is the will of our Father in heaven that we exercise faith in his Son Jesus Christ which faith includes works and thus they are required even if they do not save us. I don't need any other scripture except the Bible to understand this basic doctrine. Study the verse below:

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Here we reaad in verse 8 that is is by GRACE that we are saved. So yes, we believe that it is only through the grace of Jesus Christ that we can obtain salvation. We could do all the works in the entire universe and without the grace of Jesus Christ we would still be unprofitable servants. It is a gift of God and not of ourselves. It is not of our works and we have nothing to boast of to say that we save ourselves. However, we come to that grace through faith. And as I've pointed out in the gospel of James 2, you cannot have faith without good works. Otherwise your faith is dead.

James 2:20
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

We know that many of your preachers have taught you that members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe they are saved by their works. But that is a LIE!!! We believe that we are required to exercise faith in Christ which includes works before Jesus will grant the saving grace which truly saves upon us. That is what your Bible teaches and you should believe this as well. Works don't save us but are required to have a true abiding faith that will bring us to the saving grace of Jesus Christ. That is our doctrine! That is what is truly taught in the Bible! I don't need any other scripture to know and understand this basic concept of the gospel of Jesus Christ. As Ephesians 2:10 tells us: "10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

Forum List

Back