Moscow will start making textbooks for learning Chinese in Moscow .

good for you ivan, soon you ´ll need in Vladivostok , how you call it in Mandarin ?
I was reading the telegram channel of a Russian anti-corruption watchdog group. I don't recall their name off the top of my head, it will come back to me.

The channel isn't war-centric, but they are somewhat critical of the Putin regime. They focus mostly on rule of law abuses and corruption.

There is a post where they complain that the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology has introduced mandatory Chinese language courses.

It said they used to do the language courses in German, so students could read the works of German physicists in the original. They are dropping German and switching to Chinese.

The announcement came right after Xi's trip to Moscow.

What do you imagine China is winning?
Did you hear Macron of late?

This is far more complex and nuanced than people understand. Let me start with this as a precursor, for the last three decades Western leaders and businesses have underestimated, even been smug at the prospect of a future China Super Power.

Three short decades, where are we today? Where will the West be in three decades from now?

The West can't even work to bankrupt Chinas economy since they wisely buy up U.S debt as a layer of protection.

The West has to get back to true principle and virtue, especially within the most important agencies. Do you think it will happen?

I was reading the telegram channel of a Russian anti-corruption watchdog group. I don't recall their name off the top of my head, it will come back to me.

The channel isn't war-centric, but they are somewhat critical of the Putin regime. They focus mostly on rule of law abuses and corruption.

There is a post where they complain that the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology has introduced mandatory Chinese language courses.

It said they used to do the language courses in German, so students could read the works of German physicists in the original. They are dropping German and switching to Chinese.

many Moscovites accepted a servant role toward China´s overlords , in the same time, many in FSB, and Siberian elites are against it. so I expect very interesting development here , much like in 1917 )))

Did you hear Macron of late?

This is far more complex and nuanced than people understand. Let me start with this as a precursor, for the last three decades Western leaders and businesses have underestimated, even been smug at the prospect of a future China Super Power.

Three short decades, where are we today? Where will the West be in three decades from now?

The West can't even work to bankrupt Chinas economy since they wisely buy up U.S debt as a layer of protection.

The West has to get back to true principle and virtue, especially within the most important agencies. Do you think it will happen?
Macron is a fool. Every time he starts one of his anti US tirades, and he has been doing this for years, he gets smacked down by other Europeans.

The fact that China buys US Treasuries gives it no protection if the US decides to level sanctions against Chinese companies.

The fact that China has a large gdp does not mean it is a wealthy country; its per capita gdp is the same as Russia's, about 1/5 of the US's. The Chinese economy has not grown because of any indigenous qualities, but only because the WTO has classified it as a developing economy, meaning it can protect its industries from foreign competition but other WTO members cannot protect their industries from Chinese products. This was the main reason Trump talked about withdrawing from the WTO.

A war between the US and China would be terrible for everyone, but much worse for China since the economic consequences would destroy the Chinese economy, but in terms of peaceful competition, China is a problem but no great threat to the US.

Macron is a fool. Every time he starts one of his anti US tirades, and he has been doing this for years, he gets smacked down by other Europeans.

The fact that China buys US Treasuries gives it no protection if the US decides to level sanctions against Chinese companies.

The fact that China has a large gdp does not mean it is a wealthy country; its per capita gdp is the same as Russia's, about 1/5 of the US's. The Chinese economy has not grown because of any indigenous qualities, but only because the WTO has classified it as a developing economy, meaning it can protect its industries from foreign competition but other WTO members cannot protect their industries from Chinese products. This was the main reason Trump talked about withdrawing from the WTO.

A war between the US and China would be terrible for everyone, but much worse for China since the economic consequences would destroy the Chinese economy, but in terms of peaceful competition, China is a problem but no great threat to the US.
Underestimate China as the West has been doing for decades at your own peril. They will one day be the lone Super Power this much is certain. I doubt they will relinguish this mantle so easily either

Xi and massive China is a dominant fact of life. US and China will have to get along, otherwise business suffers.
Not really...

US signs CPTPP and creates the largest trading bloc in the world..
CPTPP signs a trade deal with EU and the BRIC countries are pretty much at the demand of the first world....

China does any shit there are alternative sources for anything they got inside the trading bloc....

Stop playing Snap when the game is Chess..

Underestimate China as the West has been doing for decades at your own peril. They will one day be the lone Super Power this much is certain. I doubt they will relinguish this mantle so easily either
I don't see anyone underestimating China. Without its WTO designation as a developing economy, the Chinese economy would stop growing and with that, its military would stop growing.

Not really...

US signs CPTPP and creates the largest trading bloc in the world..
CPTPP signs a trade deal with EU and the BRIC countries are pretty much at the demand of the first world....

China does any shit there are alternative sources for anything they got inside the trading bloc....

Stop playing Snap when the game is Chess..
Really, actually. Have you mastered checkers yet?

I've been learning Mandarin off and on for well over a year now. It is the future. Can't blame Russians for realizing this especially when they are neighbours.

Don't blame China for their efforts in winning.
People thought the same thing about Japan in the eighties.

On the other hand, I don't think it's a bad idea for anyone to learn Chinese. You could even fight Communist Chinese trolls online.

The only drawback is that it takes years to learn to write.

Actually, 25% of Russian Universities has Mandarin courses (as well as there are many Chinese universities with Russian courses). And yes, it's more useful than German nowadays.

Forum List

Back