Most All Agree Nazi Flag Is Wrong. So What About Confederate Flag?

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
What I have been saying for years about both flags

For years, the neighborhood asked John Brown to take down the flag, but Brown refused, saying that he didn’t consider it offensive. He claimed that he wasn’t a racist, and that he hated the Nazis.

“It is a Nazi SS flag,” Brown said when WCNC originally reported the story three years ago. “[But] it stands for lightning bolts!” Furthermore, he argued, “It’s in the Bible.”

Like the Confederate flag, the Nazi flag represents a horrific time in history and the height of oppression for minority races. So can there be any legitimacy to Brown’s claim? When is a flag just a flag?

I say, hardly ever. The Confederate flag and the Nazi flag both carry histories of enforcing white supremacy, and any forward-thinking society should not fly either of them.

We All Agree Nazi Flag Is Wrong. So What About Confederate Flag - Opinion Forward.com

And most all agree that the gay flag or foreign flags are wrong. Wanna ban them too?

And the guano clown parade keeps coming......

10013883-standard.jpg

Yeah Guno must hold the record for most new threads....on the fewest same topics.

I've heard many claim they fly it because it is the ultimate sign, in this country, of rebellion.

Citizens I've met from other countries do as well.

I guess if the Nazi's had been fighting to enslave the Jews instead of killing them off, the Nazi flag would be seen as a symbol of German pride.

There are times I have thought he is TDM...but he doesn't curse at everyone, so that's out. But yes, like TDM he spams the forum with dumb threads that have no real basis for anything.

The Confederate flag however is now the N word of flags haha.

Like a visual N word.

What I have been saying for years about both flags

For years, the neighborhood asked John Brown to take down the flag, but Brown refused, saying that he didn’t consider it offensive. He claimed that he wasn’t a racist, and that he hated the Nazis.

“It is a Nazi SS flag,” Brown said when WCNC originally reported the story three years ago. “[But] it stands for lightning bolts!” Furthermore, he argued, “It’s in the Bible.”

Like the Confederate flag, the Nazi flag represents a horrific time in history and the height of oppression for minority races. So can there be any legitimacy to Brown’s claim? When is a flag just a flag?

I say, hardly ever. The Confederate flag and the Nazi flag both carry histories of enforcing white supremacy, and any forward-thinking society should not fly either of them.

We All Agree Nazi Flag Is Wrong. So What About Confederate Flag - Opinion Forward.com

I didn't check the facts on this but stole it from another Message Board:

A bit off topic, but I think it's funny confederate flags are getting banned on amazon while there's Nazi paraphernalia.

Also both Obama and Hilary used confederate flags during their presidential campaigning.

You could just ban all flags, make one big world flag... good grief... so silly...

Any individual who wants to display theConfederate flag is free to do so. No one advocates banning it altogether.

But flying it at state sanctioned facilities is just a slap in the face to all those who have been intimidated by it for decades.

I've heard many claim they fly it because it is the ultimate sign, in this country, of rebellion.

Citizens I've met from other countries do as well.
A copy of the flag minus the stars is used by the separatist in Ukraine. It represents "rebels".

Forum List

Back