MOST RED INK EVER: $9 TRILLION Over Next Decade

Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush... it's like a broken record. obama is President, is spending us into certain financial deficit ruin, and all the liberals can say is Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush. How outlandishly pathetic, and such a stark example of just how brain washed they are by their messiah.

If we can't say Bush, Bush, Bush...

How about Reagan, Reagan, Reagan? Reagan tripled the deficit
How about FDR, FDR, FDR? FDR spent five times the existing deficit

Spending and borrowing when faced with a recession or in FDR case a depression has been a sucessful practice in the past

How about you talk about the "PRESENT?" Got a problem with that? Ya you probably do... then you'll have to own up to obama's FAILURES!

Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush... it's like a broken record. obama is President, is spending us into certain financial deficit ruin, and all the liberals can say is Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush. How outlandishly pathetic, and such a stark example of just how brain washed they are by their messiah.

If we can't say Bush, Bush, Bush...

How about Reagan, Reagan, Reagan? Reagan tripled the deficit
How about FDR, FDR, FDR? FDR spent five times the existing deficit

Spending and borrowing when faced with a recession or in FDR case a depression has been a sucessful practice in the past

How about you talk about the "PRESENT?"

Don't we need to look at what worked economically in our past? Reagan TRIPLED the deficit to fight his recession and is looked at as a hero.

You got something against Reagan?

How about you talk about the "PRESENT?" Got a problem with that? Ya you probably do... then you'll have to own up to obama's FAILURES!

FAILURES??

I see an economic policy that is working. The US and global economies were in a recession and headed unchecked into a depression. That recesion has been halted and is in the process of reversing. Most leading economists are looking for us to emerge from the recession sometime in the fall. Housing market recovering, Stock market booming, rate unemployment slide declining, production up...

We are not there yet, but we are much better off than we were in the last year of Bush

FAILURES??

I see an economic policy that is working. The US and global economies were in a recession and headed unchecked into a depression. That recesion has been halted and is in the process of reversing. Most leading economists are looking for us to emerge from the recession sometime in the fall. Housing market recovering, Stock market booming, rate unemployment slide declining, production up...

We are not there yet, but we are much better off than we were in the last year of Bush

I'm sorry rw... but have just demonstrated that you are CERTIFIABLY INSANE.

FAILURES??

Whether I am insane or not, I do not produce the index of leading economic indicators, I do not print the daily Dow Jones Average, I do not report on housing starts or production levels........All are UP since January 2009

FAILURES??

Whether I am insane or not, I do not produce the index of leading economic indicators, I do not print the daily Dow Jones Average, I do not report on housing starts or production levels........All are UP since January 2009

I think you need you need to take another peak at my OP rw... I think there's a VERY IMPORTANT PART of the BUDGET that you're trying to ignore... :eusa_eh:

FAILURES??

I know a bunch of people that bought cars using student loans and paid the rent for their new rims with credit cards... they hadn't moved up into a higher economic class... they were just delaying and expanding on their eventual bankruptcy

I think you need you need to take another peak at my OP rw... I think there's a VERY IMPORTANT PART of the BUDGET that you're trying to ignore... :eusa_eh:

The fact is that Americans lost $10.2 Trillion of personal wealth in 2008. That was money lost due to declining home values, retirement funds and other investments. The recession had a real impact on every American. Borrowing money to prevent a recession from turning into a depression is money well spent

In addition, the failure of past administrations to follow PAYGO rules has had a direct effect on our fiscal situation. If we had abided by this approach during the previous Administration, the projected 10-year deficit would be $5 trillion smaller. In other words, more than half of the projected deficits over the next 10 years are directly attributable to the previous Administration’s failure to follow the pay-as-you-go principle.

Read more: Deficit projection grows by $2 trillion - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

But I guessing Bush's failure to pay for his projects is somehow Obama's fault.

When was the greatest growth of debt under the Bush administration? Who was in control of Congress, which controls the purse strings in this country?

When was the greatest growth of debt under the Bush administration? Who was in control of Congress, which controls the purse strings in this country?
\

The person in control of Congress was the one with the Veto stamp. Without the capability of overriding a veto, Congress had no power

\

The person in control of Congress was the one with the Veto stamp. Without the capability of overriding a veto, Congress had no power

Civics 101....Congress controls government spending in this country and the Dems were in control when the greatest expansion of the national debt took place.

The fact is that Americans lost $10.2 Trillion of personal wealth in 2008. That was money lost due to declining home values, retirement funds and other investments. The recession had a real impact on every American. Borrowing money to prevent a recession from turning into a depression is money well spent

To your first assertion... get a link to your numbers please.

To your second assertion... prove it.

America Lost $10.2 Trillion Of Wealth In 2008

The Dems. controlled economic policies in this country in 2008. They controlled and pushed for the greatest increase in the national debt.

The stock market erased $6.9 trillion in shareholder wealth in 2008.
Add together the loss of housing equity of $3.3 trillion and the stock market loss of $6.9 trillion, and you've got a historic loss of wealth of $10.2 trillion.

Americans lost $6.9 trillion in the stock market crash of 2008. Since the low point of 7000, the Dow has risen to over 9500. Stopping the recession has been well worth it for Americans

The Dems. controlled economic policies in this country in 2008. They controlled and pushed for the greatest increase in the national debt.

if i recall correctly, it was president bush, and paulson who PUSHED for the bailout for fanny and freddie, AIG, and the entire banking financial industry with TARP....president bush rushed the bailout, insisted that the whole country would FALL without it....he even came before all Americans saying we had no choice, that trillion dollar plus bailout HAD TO BE DONE, IT WAS A MUST according to him, for congress to pass it, an absolute must!!!

in fact, he scared the pajesus out of matt and me and we took some cash out of the banks, in case there was a run, due to bush's somber message and plea for congress to pass it!!!

Last edited:

The stock market erased $6.9 trillion in shareholder wealth in 2008.
Add together the loss of housing equity of $3.3 trillion and the stock market loss of $6.9 trillion, and you've got a historic loss of wealth of $10.2 trillion.

Americans lost $6.9 trillion in the stock market crash of 2008. Since the low point of 7000, the Dow has risen to over 9500. Stopping the recession has been well worth it for Americans

So Dems stopped the recession? Have you ever heard of economic cycles?

if i recall correctly, it was president bush, and paulson who PUSHED for the bailout for fanny and freddie, AIG, and the entire banking financial industry with TARP....president bush rushed the bailout, insisted that the whole country would FALL without it....he even came before all Americans saying we had no choice, that trillion dollar plus bailout HAD TO BE DONE, IT WAS A MUST according to him, for congress to pass it, an absolute must!!!

in fact, he scared the pajesus out of matt and me and we took some cash out of the banks, in case there was a run, due to bush's somber message and plea for congress to pass it!!!

It actually turned out to be one of the brighter things Bush did

Forum List

Back