Motel 6, Snitching on ILLEGALS?

Carl in Michigan

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
The article reads like we should have a problem with this. Good for Motel 6!

“They have heard (no telling how valid the info is) that ICE is paying $200 per person for the front-desk clerk to report,” she wrote in an email.

Both locations are corporate-owned, dispelling one of the other popular theories: That a local franchise owner is collecting a week’s rent in advance, then calling ICE so that they can rent out the room to someone else.

One thing that we do know: Motel 6 is extremely enthusiastic about cooperating with law enforcement, and,elsewhere in the country, has been criticized by the ACLU for sharing guest lists with local police

Attorneys Suspect Motel 6 Calling ICE on Undocumented Guests

Routinely the cops patrol these places and call in every tag in the parking lot..

“They have heard (no telling how valid the info is) that ICE is paying $200 per person for the front-desk clerk to report,” she wrote in an email.

Both locations are corporate-owned, dispelling one of the other popular theories: That a local franchise owner is collecting a week’s rent in advance, then calling ICE so that they can rent out the room to someone else.

One thing that we do know: Motel 6 is extremely enthusiastic about cooperating with law enforcement, and,elsewhere in the country, has been criticized by the ACLU for sharing guest lists with local police

/----/ We'll keep a light on for ya'

Used to love his commercials. I always thought he owned the chain. Surprised to find out he was "just" a paid spokesperson

Wish I'd known this...I would have gone out of my way to stay at Motel 6 on my recent road trip!

Routinely the cops patrol these places and call in every tag in the parking lot..

Hmm, I wonder if my wife and I aggravated any cops, then? They'd have had to get out of their cars to check the tags on our bikes. We usually park facing out, with the back of the bike-and the plate-facing the building or the landscaping.

Wish I'd known this...I would have gone out of my way to stay at Motel 6 on my recent road trip!

"gone out of my way to stay at Motel 6," I can imagine that's the first time that's ever been proclaimed.

Hmm, I wonder if my wife and I aggravated any cops, then? They'd have had to get out of their cars to check the tags on our bikes. We usually park facing out, with the back of the bike-and the plate-facing the building or the landscaping.
Not a problem since they take pics of the tags and log them in..

If it's true that they're taking the customer's money and money from ICE then it's a pretty shitty move on their part.

Used to love his commercials. I always thought he owned the chain. Surprised to find out he was "just" a paid spokesperson

Did you think Ronald McDonald actually made the burgers?

If it's true that they're taking the customer's money and money from ICE then it's a pretty shitty move on their part.
It only occurred at one Motel 6 and the company made a statement that it won't happen again...

But they have to get out of the cars to do it.

But they have to get out of the cars to do it.
I am sure they reward themselves with donuts..

Forum List

Back