🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Muslim and Jewish Jerusalemites Break Bread Together

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
People can certainly get along if they want to.

By Linda Gradstein | The Media Line
June 25, 2015

Iftar_group._900-810x608.jpg

Photo: Linda Gradstein/The Media Line

Joint iftar meals to end daily Ramadan fast

As the call to prayer marking the end of the day-long Ramadan fast echoed from the nearby mosque, the two dozen people sat down and began eating. There were many traditional Arab foods, and conversation flowed easily. It looked like any post-fasting dinner table in the Arab world.

What was unique here is that most of the guests had never met the hosts, Bronka and Aref Tahboub, before this night. The Tahboub’s had opened their home to a group of Israeli Jews who wanted to experience the iftar meal.

“There are so many things here that we don’t control,” Aref told The Media Line in fluent Hebrew. “But Arabs and Jews have to live together. I’ve worked with Jews all my life and I want my children to get to know Jews.”

The meeting was organized by Kids4Peace, a grassroots organization that brings Muslim, Christian and Jewish children in Jerusalem together. About 25 Jewish families signed up to be hosted by Palestinian families, along with their children.

Continue reading at:

Muslim and Jewish Jerusalemites Break Bread Together The Media Line

People can certainly get along if they want to.

By Linda Gradstein | The Media Line
June 25, 2015

Iftar_group._900-810x608.jpg

Photo: Linda Gradstein/The Media Line

Joint iftar meals to end daily Ramadan fast

As the call to prayer marking the end of the day-long Ramadan fast echoed from the nearby mosque, the two dozen people sat down and began eating. There were many traditional Arab foods, and conversation flowed easily. It looked like any post-fasting dinner table in the Arab world.

What was unique here is that most of the guests had never met the hosts, Bronka and Aref Tahboub, before this night. The Tahboub’s had opened their home to a group of Israeli Jews who wanted to experience the iftar meal.

“There are so many things here that we don’t control,” Aref told The Media Line in fluent Hebrew. “But Arabs and Jews have to live together. I’ve worked with Jews all my life and I want my children to get to know Jews.”

The meeting was organized by Kids4Peace, a grassroots organization that brings Muslim, Christian and Jewish children in Jerusalem together. About 25 Jewish families signed up to be hosted by Palestinian families, along with their children.

Continue reading at:

Muslim and Jewish Jerusalemites Break Bread Together The Media Line
Excellent Post Sally...steve

Forum List

Back