Muslim Bakeries Refuse To Make Gay Wedding Cake...& No Rabid Protests From Liberals?

I think bripat9643 and I are talking about the same thing. Not to put words in his mouth, but I think that we both consider it unjustified for anyone (including people in the government) to initiate force against the person or property of another. I'm not opposed to self-defense or force used in response to an initiation.

Does that clarify?

Force? Like being 'forced' to pay taxes, or 'forced' to stop when you come up on a stop sign?

No. Like having force being initiated against you for not engaging in trade with another person.
What force?

You mean you believe force wasn't used against the bakers who didn't want to bake a cake for the queers?

Why are they exempt from the law when the rest of us have to follow it?

I take it you don't do 60 in the 55

-Geaux

Because *you* seem to have this misguided idea that rights are unlimited

So, if I'm to extrapolate from your assertion...

That means you have the idea that rights should be regulated? Please by all means correct me if I'm wrong.

Regulated? If that is what you call placing limitations on rights, then yes.

I do not believe the right of free speech means you can slander, libel or create public panic.

I do not believe the right to freedom of religion should include forcing those religious values on anyone else.

I do not believe the right to assembly includes leading lynch mob.

All of our rights have limitations.

Do you think they should be unlimited?

None of those are equivalent to government forcing you to bake a cake for a fag who could go to your competitor down the street if they weren't running to a criminal government who thinks they have the right to compel it's subjects to do what they want

So the government shouldn't enforce the laws that the people's elected representatives legislated?

As I just said ...

Still waiting for someone to explain why they think Christian or Muslim bakers don't have to follow the very same business laws that would prohibit a florist from refusing to sell flowers to them because they are Christians or Muslims.

That means you have the idea that rights should be regulated? Please by all means correct me if I'm wrong.

I do not believe the right of free speech means you can slander, libel or create public panic.

I do not believe the right to freedom of religion should include forcing those religious values on anyone else.

None of those are equivalent to government forcing you to bake a cake for a fag who could go to your competitor down the street if they weren't running to a criminal government who thinks they have the right to compel it's subjects to do what they want

So the government shouldn't enforce the laws that the people's elected representatives legislated?

As I just said ...

This is beginning to sound like you think some people should be specially exempt from the laws that others obey.

Force? Like being 'forced' to pay taxes, or 'forced' to stop when you come up on a stop sign?

No. Like having force being initiated against you for not engaging in trade with another person.
What force?

You mean you believe force wasn't used against the bakers who didn't want to bake a cake for the queers?

-Geaux

No. I do 75.

But if I'm caught I'm not going to go whine about how I'm special and that my religion requires me to go as fast as I can regardless of the law.

The government turns its back on enforcing immigration laws. Just ask Sheriff Joe. They also don't enforce federal laws relative to marijuana. So which laws are followed and which are not? The states can make the call on weed, but not marriage?

-Geaux

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

The government turns its back on enforcing immigration laws. Just ask Sheriff Joe. They also don't enforce federal laws relative to marijuana. So which laws are followed and which are not? The states can make the call on weed, but not marriage?

-Geaux

Weed is not a right.

What force?

-Geaux

No. I do 75.

But if I'm caught I'm not going to go whine about how I'm special and that my religion requires me to go as fast as I can regardless of the law.

So, we don't all have to obey the law. I'm not familiar with any prior precedent where speeding could be justified based on religion.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Weed is not a right.

Neither is marriage

Next?

-Geaux

What force?

-Geaux

No. I do 75.

So, we don't all have to obey the law. I'm not familiar with any prior precedent where speeding could be justified based on religion.

-Geaux

You misunderstand.

We all have to obey it. That doesn't mean we do.

I belong to the Church of the Road Runner. You see how fast that dude goes? That's the sacrement. Speed.

How DARE you arrest me for speeding! :mad:

As I just said ...

This is beginning to sound like you think some people should be specially exempt from the laws that others obey.

I think government should not compel any citizen to do business with another citizen. Explain what's "exempt" about that standard.

Stop being an idiot

-Geaux

No. I do 75.

-Geaux

You misunderstand.

We all have to obey it. That doesn't mean we do.

I belong to the Church of the Road Runner. You see how fast that dude goes? That's the sacrement. Speed.

How DARE you arrest me for speeding! :mad:

You need to do better than that

-Geaux

What force?

Get off your lazy leftist ass if someone doesn't want to do business with you and go to their competitor across the street.

Note why I keep calling you "authoritarian"
Why would a black person have to "get off their lazy ass" and go across the street?
Why would a christer have to "get off their lazy ass" and go across the street?
Why would a handicapped person have to "get off their lazy ass" and go across the street?
Why would a foreign national have to "get off their lazy ass" and go across the street?

-Geaux

Weed is not a right.

Stopping people from smoking weed is not a government power

upload_2016-4-10_21-50-54.png

Bob bakes his first burning cross wedding cake.

-Geaux

Weed is not a right.

Neither is marriage

Next?

-Geaux

It isn't?

14 Supreme Court Cases: Marriage is a Fundamental Right | American Foundation for Equal Rights

Is Marriage a Civil Right?

As I just said ...

I think government should not compel any citizen to do business with another citizen. Explain what's "exempt" about that standard.

Stop being an idiot
Then work to get rid of PA laws.

What force?

Get off your lazy leftist ass if someone doesn't want to do business with you and go to their competitor across the street.

Why would a black person have to "get off their lazy ass" and go across the street?
Why would a handicapped person have to "get off their lazy ass" and go across the street?
Why would a foreign national have to "get off their lazy ass" and go across the street?

Because the extremely rare occurrences any of those happen, your supposed solution is far, far better than the alternative

What force?

Because the extremely rare occurrences any of those happen, your supposed solution is far, far better than the alternative
So, what are you doing to get rid of PA laws if they are so abhorrent to you?

Forum List

Back