My aliyah dream turned into a nightmare

It's always a shame when the reality of life strikes....

Especially when your dream turns into a nightmare!

Israel is a flawed place like everywhere else in the world. American Jews are sometimes viewed as being spoiled and prissy over there. Unfortunately, Israel exists in a very rough neighborhood, and this sad reality has made many Israelis "super-macho", if you will. But is the police force here so different? How many black teens have been shot or mistreated by the American police?

Wow! A case of police abusing their authority! This surely never happens anywhere in the world!

And in the reply it says
American-Israeli accuses cops of abuse during weed probe

The police would not discuss the specifics of Engelmayer’s assertions, but said, “Everything was done under strict authorization. He was questioned exactly the way that anyone else would be questioned.”

I would bet its worst if one is a Palestinian.

Did you read about the British woman who was arrested by police in N.Y. who took her baby by force and threw her in the holding cells. She is in the process of suing America for their breach of human rights and wrongful arrest and the return of her child. Her crime was to leave the child in full view in a safe position while she made up his feed.

Israel is a flawed place like everywhere else in the world. American Jews are sometimes viewed as being spoiled and prissy over there. Unfortunately, Israel exists in a very rough neighborhood, and this sad reality has made many Israelis "super-macho", if you will. But is the police force here so different? How many black teens have been shot or mistreated by the American police?

How many British visitors have been abused and beaten by racist American police ?

While this is a bit of a shame, it is Israel and not the U.S.A. Israel's form of government is different than ours, but let's go ahead and demonize them because of it, right? And I guess cops everywhere are taking what teens are saying and texting pretty seriously, even when intended as a joke, after all it was the guy's daughter that said, "Yeah my dad's got a whole forest"

And in the reply it says
American-Israeli accuses cops of abuse during weed probe

The police would not discuss the specifics of Engelmayer’s assertions, but said, “Everything was done under strict authorization. He was questioned exactly the way that anyone else would be questioned.”

I would bet its worst if one is a Palestinian.

Did you read about the British woman who was arrested by police in N.Y. who took her baby by force and threw her in the holding cells. She is in the process of suing America for their breach of human rights and wrongful arrest and the return of her child. Her crime was to leave the child in full view in a safe position while she made up his feed.

No, I didn't Phoney...

Do provide us all with a link to that atrocity by the NYPD!

How many British visitors have been abused and beaten by racist American police ?

Don't know Phoney...

Perhaps you can provide us all with links telling us!

bit of a shame

Shameful is more like it!

Israel's form of government is different than ours

No shit! The US has a democracy, Israel has a ........?

let's go ahead and demonize them because of it

Demonizing a state that abuses human rights? god forbid!

cops everywhere are taking what teens are saying and texting pretty seriously

Are they? Links please from non partisan sources ;-)

Forum List

Back