My Dad Gave Me A Small Loan of A Million Dollars....It Has Not Been Easy

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
Wow, what a hard luck story. If Donald had only inherited $100 million I can't imagine the pain he would have to endure. This ranks right up there with Mitt Romney quotes about asking your parents for a loan to start a business. One thing's for sure....Donald didn't build that.

"As Donald Trump tells it, he has been told no his entire life. For example, he said Monday, his father gave him a "small loan of a million dollars" that he had to repay with interest at the start of his career.

“Oh many times. I’ve been told no by him. My whole life, really has been a no," the Republican presidential candidate said during a town hall event in Atkinson, New Hampshire, on NBC's "Today."

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars," Trump remarked. "I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great."

Read more: Trump: My dad gave me a 'small loan' of a million dollars

The company I work at used to be family owned. As each "kid" reached 21, they were given a million dollars. True Story.

He forgot to mention the $200 MILLION Fred left to him or that Fred made his money thanks to government programs.

He'll probably talk about those facts tomorrow.

Reminds me of when Mittens told people to just borrow from their daddy like he did.

This also doesn't take into consideration being raised ultra-wealthy with an education that is not reachable by most Americans.

Ranks right up there with "We were dead broke when we left the White House"

Yeah, both Obama and the Clinton's were born to the same advantages of great wealth.

Except they weren't and they will never have the kind of money that was inherited by Drumpf and Mittens. Its okay with me that they inherited their money, that they didn't have to work for it but it would be nice if they were honest about it.

WillHaftawaite -- Instead of desperately trying to derail the thread, quit being such a chicken shit liar and address the OP.

Wow, what a hard luck story. If Donald had only inherited $100 million I can't imagine the pain he would have to endure. This ranks right up there with Mitt Romney quotes about asking your parents for a loan to start a business. One thing's for sure....Donald didn't build that.

Trump: My dad gave me a 'small loan' of a million dollars

The company I work at used to be family owned. As each "kid" reached 21, they were given a million dollars. True Story.

The gall of those who have the wherewithal to help their kids and then do so!

What nerve!

Not for nothing, but isn't the whole idea of hard work, self-sacrifice and the success they might bring the basis of the American dream?

Sheesh!

Last edited:
Ranks right up there with "We were dead broke when we left the White House"

Yeah, both Obama and the Clinton's were born to the same advantages of great wealth.

Except they weren't and they will never have the kind of money that was inherited by Drumpf and Mittens. Its okay with me that they inherited their money, that they didn't have to work for it but it would be nice if they were honest about it.

WillHaftawaite -- Instead of desperately trying to derail the thread, quit being such a chicken shit liar and address the OP.

I dont' see much difference between the Clintons and Trump.

and will do NOTHING to facilitate their way to the WH.

"As Donald Trump tells it, he has been told no his entire life. For example, he said Monday, his father gave him a "small loan of a million dollars" that he had to repay with interest at the start of his career.

“Oh many times. I’ve been told no by him. My whole life, really has been a no," the Republican presidential candidate said during a town hall event in Atkinson, New Hampshire, on NBC's "Today."

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars," Trump remarked. "I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great."

Kids of rich men have a lot of pressure to live up.

And even though their fathers gave them every advantage, they made they're kids earn it emotionally. And as hard as dad was on them, they take it out on their employees. Only they don't give their employees all the breaks dear old dad gave them.

Remember trading places with Eddie Murphy?

Shoot......................woulda been nice if my family had given me a million dollars when I graduated.

Instead, they told me my plate was going to be broke when I turned 18, meaning as soon as I was an adult, I had to fend for myself.

So, I joined the Navy and spent the next 20 years earning my pension so that I could retire.

Too bad Donald the Chump had it so hard, he should have joined the military like I did and become lower middle class.

Well let's see, Teddy Roosevelt inherited 60k which translates to 1.3 mil today. FDR inherited 120k which translates to 2 million. JFK inherited about a billion and his wife Jackie was an oil heiress and wealthy in her own right. The difference between the Roosevelt's/JFK and Donald Trump is of course that Trump had a real job and FDR and JFK were professional politicians who never earned a freaking dime that wasn't confiscated from taxpayers.

The gall of those to have the wherewithal to help their kids and then do so!

What nerve!

Not for nothing, but isn't the whole idea of hard work, self-sacrifice and the success they might bring the basis of the American dream?

Sheesh!
And back in the day our greatest generation decided those with more would pay a little more to help the poor and create a middle class.

In comparison to $10 billion, that is tiny. His point is that he earned virtually all his money. It wasn't handed to him. A lot of people get much bigger breaks than that, and then they piss it all away.

So? Are you pissed because his Dad could loan him a million dollars or are you pissed because he had to pay it back? Why are you pissed. Get it off your mind. Let us all know.

Shoot......................woulda been nice if my family had given me a million dollars when I graduated.

Instead, they told me my plate was going to be broke when I turned 18, meaning as soon as I was an adult, I had to fend for myself.

So, I joined the Navy and spent the next 20 years earning my pension so that I could retire.

Too bad Donald the Chump had it so hard, he should have joined the military like I did and become lower middle class.
Be grateful they won't ever cut your pension like they have millions of other Americans.

The gall of those to have the wherewithal to help their kids and then do so!

What nerve!

Sheesh!
And back in the day our greatest generation decided those with more would pay a little more to help the poor and create a middle class.

You mean they decided to loot what others have earned. The graduated income tax didn't create the middle class, capitalism did.

Be grateful they won't ever cut your pension like they have millions of other Americans.

Why do you think I stuck it out for 20 years? I saw the writing on the wall in the 90's, and decided that if I wanted a steady income for the rest of my life, going the full 20 and getting a pension was the smartest way to go.

I saw that I was right when the economy blew up between 2007 and 2008, with the recession lasting up until around 2013.

Probably the best decision I ever made in my life, because in the mid 90's, I actually did consider getting a lump sum early retirement but decided not to, as if I took a lump sum, it would eventually run out. But a 20 year pension? Guaranteed a check once a month for the rest of my life. And, while I'm not rich, it's enough to live on and take the occasional vacation.

Forum List

Back