My Dad Gave Me A Small Loan of A Million Dollars....It Has Not Been Easy

Wow, what a hard luck story. If Donald had only inherited $100 million I can't imagine the pain he would have to endure. This ranks right up there with Mitt Romney quotes about asking your parents for a loan to start a business. One thing's for sure....Donald didn't build that.

"As Donald Trump tells it, he has been told no his entire life. For example, he said Monday, his father gave him a "small loan of a million dollars" that he had to repay with interest at the start of his career.

“Oh many times. I’ve been told no by him. My whole life, really has been a no," the Republican presidential candidate said during a town hall event in Atkinson, New Hampshire, on NBC's "Today."

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars," Trump remarked. "I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great."

Read more: Trump: My dad gave me a 'small loan' of a million dollars

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars,"

That sounds like it HAS to come out of some satirical work skewering the rich.

People like Trump have no clue how ridiculous they are. That's what makes them so dangerous.

Wow, what a hard luck story. If Donald had only inherited $100 million I can't imagine the pain he would have to endure. This ranks right up there with Mitt Romney quotes about asking your parents for a loan to start a business. One thing's for sure....Donald didn't build that.

"As Donald Trump tells it, he has been told no his entire life. For example, he said Monday, his father gave him a "small loan of a million dollars" that he had to repay with interest at the start of his career.

“Oh many times. I’ve been told no by him. My whole life, really has been a no," the Republican presidential candidate said during a town hall event in Atkinson, New Hampshire, on NBC's "Today."

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars," Trump remarked. "I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great."

Smart father, teaching his son responsibility thus preparing him for financial independence going into adulthood.

From your post:

"For example, he said Monday, his father [Trump's] gave him a "small loan of a million dollars" that he had to repay with interest at the start of his career."

So his dad made him pay back the loan with interest and he turned it into a billion dollars. He did too build that. Jealous much???

At this point what difference does it make, far left drone?

Meanwhile, Hillary took a $100,000 bride from Refco in the form of parking winning trades in her account and having the house take the losing side and Obama took a $106,000 in "free land" from a real estate developer/felon

Meanwhile, Hillary took a $100,000 bride from Refco in the form of parking winning trades in her account and having the house take the losing side and Obama took a $106,000 in "free land" from a real estate developer/felon

Frank attempts to defend Trump by equating his loan with two events that Frank considers criminal.

good one.

If we gave each liberal here the same $1 million, after a year there'd all be dead broke surrounded by empty sterno cans, used condoms and their toothless crystal meth pals

My dad took out a $3500 loan in his name, for me, when I had some hard times back in the Reagan depression.

Now I'm comfortably retired on 2 pensions.

Yes, and Frank is "dead broke surrounded by empty sterno cans, used condoms and their toothless crystal meth pals"

BTW, you have to use scientific equation to display the money Hillary could have made had she continued her 10,000% performance in her first 10 months

Smart father, teaching his son responsibility thus preparing him for financial independence going into adulthood.

From your post:

"For example, he said Monday, his father [Trump's] gave him a "small loan of a million dollars" that he had to repay with interest at the start of his career."

The lesson of course was "You didn't build that"

If it's not easy to get through life without a million dollar loan from your daddy,

why do conservatives think poor people in America have it too easy?

Trump: My dad gave me a 'small loan' of a million dollars

The company I work at used to be family owned. As each "kid" reached 21, they were given a million dollars. True Story.

The gall of those to have the wherewithal to help their kids and then do so!

What nerve!

Not for nothing, but isn't the whole idea of hard work, self-sacrifice and the success they might bring the basis of the American dream?

Sheesh!
And back in the day our greatest generation decided those with more would pay a little more to help the poor and create a middle class.

Just another example of those not doing the paying deciding that someone else they believed had too much should be forced to do so.
All depends on the way you look at things. If you are a greedy selfish bastard, you are correct. If you are a patriot and humanitarian and a liberal progressive, we would see things an entirely different way.

And explaining it to you would be an exercise in futility.

Trump: My dad gave me a 'small loan' of a million dollars

The company I work at used to be family owned. As each "kid" reached 21, they were given a million dollars. True Story.

The gall of those to have the wherewithal to help their kids and then do so!

What nerve!

Not for nothing, but isn't the whole idea of hard work, self-sacrifice and the success they might bring the basis of the American dream?

Sheesh!
And back in the day our greatest generation decided those with more would pay a little more to help the poor and create a middle class.

Just another example of those not doing the paying deciding that someone else they believed had too much should be forced to do so.
Poll: Rich Are More Optimistic, Greedier and More Dishonest

What do Americans think of the rich?

In Trump's defense, a lesser person might have taken that "small Loan" and pissed it away on women, fast cars, and cocaine.

In Trump's defense, a lesser person might have taken that "small Loan" and pissed it away on women, fast cars, and cocaine.

We will never know if Trump did that, his fondness for bling and beautiful women is well known. His father could have just handed him more money and added it to the bill.

Forum List

Back