My Dad Gave Me A Small Loan of A Million Dollars....It Has Not Been Easy

He forgot to mention the $200 MILLION Fred left to him or that Fred made his money thanks to government programs.

He'll probably talk about those facts tomorrow.

Reminds me of when Mittens told people to just borrow from their daddy like he did.

This also doesn't take into consideration being raised ultra-wealthy with an education that is not reachable by most Americans.
Wow, what a hard luck story. If Donald had only inherited $100 million I can't imagine the pain he would have to endure. This ranks right up there with Mitt Romney quotes about asking your parents for a loan to start a business. One thing's for sure....Donald didn't build that.

"As Donald Trump tells it, he has been told no his entire life. For example, he said Monday, his father gave him a "small loan of a million dollars" that he had to repay with interest at the start of his career.

“Oh many times. I’ve been told no by him. My whole life, really has been a no," the Republican presidential candidate said during a town hall event in Atkinson, New Hampshire, on NBC's "Today."

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars," Trump remarked. "I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great."

Read more: Trump: My dad gave me a 'small loan' of a million dollars

So? Are you pissed because his Dad could loan him a million dollars or are you pissed because he had to pay it back? Why are you pissed. Get it off your mind. Let us all know.

Well I'm not pissed at all, the U.S has almost 10 million millionaires this is not a rare occurrence. I just think his comment "It hasn't been easy" is a bewildering statement for someone who got a pretty huge step up in 1974.

You just noted that there are 10 million millionaires in the U.S. How many of those people with over a million have turned it into over $10 billion?

What you sleazy dishonest turds keep pretending not to understand is that Trump wasn't whining about being poor. He was pointing out that it's not easy to build a $10 billion dollar fortune. It's an impressive achievement. It's not the result of "privilege."

He forgot to mention the $200 MILLION Fred left to him or that Fred made his money thanks to government programs.

Reminds me of when Mittens told people to just borrow from their daddy like he did.

This also doesn't take into consideration being raised ultra-wealthy with an education that is not reachable by most Americans.
Wow, what a hard luck story. If Donald had only inherited $100 million I can't imagine the pain he would have to endure. This ranks right up there with Mitt Romney quotes about asking your parents for a loan to start a business. One thing's for sure....Donald didn't build that.

"As Donald Trump tells it, he has been told no his entire life. For example, he said Monday, his father gave him a "small loan of a million dollars" that he had to repay with interest at the start of his career.

“Oh many times. I’ve been told no by him. My whole life, really has been a no," the Republican presidential candidate said during a town hall event in Atkinson, New Hampshire, on NBC's "Today."

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars," Trump remarked. "I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great."

So? Are you pissed because his Dad could loan him a million dollars or are you pissed because he had to pay it back? Why are you pissed. Get it off your mind. Let us all know.

Well I'm not pissed at all, the U.S has almost 10 million millionaires this is not a rare occurrence. I just think his comment "It hasn't been easy" is a bewildering statement for someone who got a pretty huge step up in 1974.

You just noted that there are 10 million millionaires in the U.S. How many of those people with over a million have turned it into over $10 billion?

What you sleazy dishonest turds keep pretending not to understand is that Trump wasn't whining about being poor. He was pointing out that it's not easy to build a $10 billion dollar fortune. It's an impressive achievement. It's not the result of "privilege."

Forbes says the $10 billion is a Trump exaggeration, just as it was in 1990 when he exaggerated his net worth at $500 million while having a worth of $200 million. There are 536 billionaires who likely got there partly by the generous tax cuts that never trickle down to the middle class. It's an impressive achievement only if you overlook his $200 million head start, his tax advantages and his families generosity when he got into trouble.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't shed a tear for those claiming not to have had it 'easy' despite being winners in the ovarian lottery. There is nothing wrong with coming from a wealthy family and gaining an inheritance but act don't like you really struggled.

Trump: My dad gave me a 'small loan' of a million dollars

The company I work at used to be family owned. As each "kid" reached 21, they were given a million dollars. True Story.

The gall of those to have the wherewithal to help their kids and then do so!

What nerve!

Not for nothing, but isn't the whole idea of hard work, self-sacrifice and the success they might bring the basis of the American dream?

Sheesh!
And back in the day our greatest generation decided those with more would pay a little more to help the poor and create a middle class.

Just another example of those not doing the paying deciding that someone else they believed had too much should be forced to do so.
Poll: Rich Are More Optimistic, Greedier and More Dishonest

What do Americans think of the rich?

Thanks for the source that proves what I said. Those not doing the paying think those that want to keep more of what belongs to them are greedy because they don't like being forced to hand it to those who don't do the paying.

Forbes says the $10 billion is a Trump exaggeration, just as it was in 1990 when he exaggerated his net worth at $500 million while having a worth of $200 million. There are 536 billionaires who likely got there partly by the generous tax cuts that never trickle down to the middle class. It's an impressive achievement only if you overlook his $200 million head start, his tax advantages and his families generosity when he got into trouble.

Likely got there?

Would you believe me if I said the poor likely got there due to the choices they made in life?

The company I work at used to be family owned. As each "kid" reached 21, they were given a million dollars. True Story.

What nerve!

Not for nothing, but isn't the whole idea of hard work, self-sacrifice and the success they might bring the basis of the American dream?

Sheesh!
And back in the day our greatest generation decided those with more would pay a little more to help the poor and create a middle class.

Just another example of those not doing the paying deciding that someone else they believed had too much should be forced to do so.
All depends on the way you look at things. If you are a greedy selfish bastard, you are correct. If you are a patriot and humanitarian and a liberal progressive, we would see things an entirely different way.

And explaining it to you would be an exercise in futility.

Thinking someone that you believe has too much should have even more of it forced from them does not make you a patriot or humanitarian. It does prove you're a worthless progressive.

Wanting to keep what you've earned doesn't make you greedy. Expecting someone you think has too much owes you any portion of it does.

This thread is about Trump.

No its about liberal hatred.
Liberals hate their own stalking horse plant?

Yeah, we'll hate it when he pushes for universal health care, strengthening SS/Medicare, making the Saudis and the rest of the freeloaders pay for their own defense, and all those other Liberal positions!

I remember little Donny thump delivering news paper in his fathers owned apartment building in Queens NY , he always had a sour look on his face, didn't know it was trump seniors kid until 20 years later when he started to become know and family mentioned who he was.

My dad loaned me a million dollars, but he took it out of my allowance the following week

What nerve!

Sheesh!

Thanks for the source that proves what I said. Those not doing the paying think those that want to keep more of what belongs to them are greedy because they don't like being forced to hand it to those who don't do the paying.
Like I said, a greedy selfish arrogant rich class thinks that way.

[

Likely got there?

Would you believe me if I said the poor likely got there due to the choices they made in life?

Some of them yes, but then they weren't likely handed a million dollars at 22 years old.

Meanwhile, Hillary took a $100,000 bride from Refco in the form of parking winning trades in her account and having the house take the losing side and Obama took a $106,000 in "free land" from a real estate developer/felon
I'm waiting for you to get to the $1 Million Reagan made from the Japanese for just ONE speech.

I'm waiting to know why I should care...

It's all relative isn't it. Trump got a million and turned it into 9 billion. You got $200 and you're now on food stamps...get the picture?

[

Likely got there?

Some of them yes, but then they weren't likely handed a million dollars at 22 years old.

More than you would acknowledge are where they are due to their own choices.

The problem is those who caused their own situations expect the government to hand them something.

It's all relative isn't it. Trump got a million and turned it into 9 billion. You got $200 and you're now on food stamps...get the picture?

The left harps on Trump getting a million dollars from a FAMILY member then turning it into a fortune yet have no problem with $22 TRILLION being handed out through social welfare programs over the last 50 years producing little to no reduction in the percentage in poverty.

What nerve!

Sheesh!

Like I said, a greedy selfish arrogant rich class thinks that way.

The greedy selfish arrogant class is the one that thinks someone else's money belongs to them.

I'm still trying to figure out why I should care that Trump's dad loaned him money....

It illustrates Donald Trump's lack of good business sense when he could have taken that money invested it in the stock market and enjoyed a fortune many, many, times than would he ended up with by using his business acumen. Wharton didn't do him any good at all.

Likely got there?

That is the truth. Most all of us came from very poor beginnings. My Father and Mother were below the poverty level. I swore to myself that I was going to be a success and got an engineering degree and started my own business. I know a lot of guys who simply learned a trade very well, went into business and some of them are very wealthy now. The American Dream can still be obtained if one only has the desire to reach for it.

Forum List

Back