My favourite 'Muslim'

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
'Trials of Muhammad Ali' tracks champ's pacifism

"And indeed, he wasn't. Much of the film centers around his refusal to be drafted to fight in the Vietnam War - which got him banned from boxing and a five-year prison sentence (he remained free pending appeals) that took three years to be overturned by the Supreme Court.

"I ain't got no quarrel with the Viet Cong," Ali famously said. Also: "No, I will not go 10,000 miles to continue the domination of white slave masters over the darker people of the Earth.""

"Eighteen days before he defeated Sonny Liston to become heavyweight champion of the world, Clay joined the "Black Muslims," influenced by Malcolm X. After his conversion he seems visibly to have changed, bragging less about his accomplishments and stressing the importance of Islam as a spiritual force in his life."
Muhammed Ali: Cassius Clay convert to Islam

Important to distinguish Nation of Islam from actual Islam. NoI is a cult at best and no part of real Islam.

What’s in a name? - The Problem with the “Nation of Islam” (All parts) - The Religion of Islam
"“The tribe of Israel was guided by prophets. When a prophet passed away, another succeeded him. But no prophet will come after me; only caliphs will succeed me.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

“In My Ummah, there shall be born Thirty Grand Liars (Dajjals), each of whom will claim to be a prophet, But I am the Last Prophet; there is No Prophet after Me.” (Abu Dawood, At-Tirmidhi)
The Errant Theology of the “Nation of Islam”

The “Nation of Islam” does not adhere to these core tenets of Islamic theology. They believe that God appeared on earth in the person of their founder, a “great man from the East”, Master W. Fard Muhammad, a preacher who first came to public attention in the USA on July 4, 1930 then mysteriously “departed the scene” on February 26, 1934. As the NOI website unambiguously declares:

“WE BELIEVE that Allah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard Muhammad, July, 1930; the long-awaited “Messiah” of the Christians and the “Mahdi” of the Muslims.”"

Can google 'nation of islam vs islam' and read as many sources proving the difference as you care to.

Ali was such a pacifist that he beat people up for a living. :lmao:

My favourite 'Muslim'
I've seen that show, isn't it the one with Bill Bixby and that guy with antennas coming out his head.
:p

Forum List

Back