My Hurricane Helene Experience...

Google "Dust Bowl".
Done....

The Dust Bowl was primarily caused by a combination of severe drought, poor agricultural practices like over-plowing of land that removed native grasses, and high winds, which together led to massive soil erosion across the Great Plains region, creating huge dust storms that choked the area with dust.

Explain how we are going to stop 'severe drought' from happening. Or "high winds".

Done....

The Dust Bowl was primarily caused by a combination of severe drought, poor agricultural practices like over-plowing of land that removed native grasses, and high winds, which together led to massive soil erosion across the Great Plains region, creating huge dust storms that choked the area with dust.

Explain how we are going to stop 'severe drought' from happening. Or "high winds".
We can- and did- stop the over-plowing of the Great Plains

The Dustbowl most definitely was a man made catastrophe

Done....

Didn't say farming practices were the only cause of the Dust Bowl, but there is no denying that it had a massive effect. Isn't effect the word I used?

We can- and did- stop the over-plowing of the Great Plains

The Dustbowl most definitely was a man made catastrophe
NO. It wasn't. Read it again.

Human behavior contributed to it - no doubt - but explain how we had anything to do with the drought or the high winds.

Braalian..... Braalian...... Bueller... Bueller.... Bueller...

Last edited:

I do not take kindly to being called a liar. There is a video posted here somewhere showing Kamala Harris specifically mentioning $750 of aid to Helene victims.

You are either a liar or really fucking stupid.

The $750 is the amount set by Congress that FEMA gives victims of disaster up front to help with their immediate needs. It can be used for anything they need it to be used by. It is not all they will get, it is something to help them through the next few days

Done....

Overplowing of the land. We killed the grasses that had been holding the dirt there for millenia.

You are either a liar or really fucking stupid.

The $750 is the amount set by Congress that FEMA gives victims of disaster up front to help with their immediate needs. It can be used for anything they need it to be used by. It is not all they will get, it is something to help them through the next few days

I understand that it is immediate funds. I get that and never said it wasn't. But $750 is a nothingburger and it's far below what any reasonable person would expect this government to do for these people!

$750 will get a family a hotel for a week. That's it!!!!

Now what???

I understand that it is immediate funds. I get that and never said it wasn't. But $750 is a nothingburger and it's far below what any reasonable person would expect this government to do for these people!

$750 will get a family a hotel for a week. That's it!!!!

And that is what it is for. Or maybe diapers or food or something else
Now what???

Then they file a claim with FEMA and get more assistance based on what they lost. The $750 is for immediate needs regardless of what they might have lost or not
And it is the amount set by Congress. Not by Harris, not by Biden, not by any POTUS. CONGRESS

If you do not think it is enough write to your elected officials and tell them to make it more

Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.
Whatever the truth is, this is what endless lying does over a period of decades from our elected and non-elected leaders. Huge infrastructure improvements would alleviate a lot of problems. Prudent building codes including barrier islands and flood zones would improve damage a hundred times over. Structures built in wildfire areas without proper tree management control is asking for trouble. And we encroach more and more as we have more and more people. And we are still building in all these areas. Even stupidly.

And that is what it is for. Or maybe diapers or food or something else

Then they file a claim with FEMA and get more assistance based on what they lost. The $750 is for immediate needs regardless of what they might have lost or not
And it is the amount set by Congress. Not by Harris, not by Biden, not by any POTUS. CONGRESS

If you do not think it is enough write to your elected officials and tell them to make it more
OK here we go.

Why are our own citizens being given far less than illegal aliens?

Why aren't they given debit cards for $5k each?

Why is the entire thing so damned inefficient?

Why have local officials threatened to arrest people who are trying to help? NOT FAKE NEWS either.

Why can't Congress authorize more money?

Why has the Ukraine gotten $200 billion dollars?

Write my elected officials? ROFL. A most useless exercise, watching paint dry would be more productive. These people are going to do whatever the hell they want to, and the Democrats will vote lock-step with their PARTY on every issue. Writing them is pointless.

Forum List

Back