My Hurricane Helene Experience...

I'm a Libertarian and have been for at least 20 years.

It is very un-Libertarian to suggest the Govt hand out 5k to people just because they were in a disaster.

Libertarians believe that sort of thing should be left to private entities

Since you are a Libertarian, that means you would never vote for Trump...right?

It is very un-Libertarian to suggest the Govt hand out 5k to people just because they were in a disaster.

Libertarians believe that sort of thing should be left to private entities

Since you are a Libertarian, that means you would never vote for Trump...right?
Well, that's the party I am registered with. Do they have all the answers? No, they don't. But any party that wants to roll back government and protect individual freedoms has most of it right.

And Trump - he's by far the closest to a 3rd Party / Libertarian that we will ever see in office.

Well, that's the party I am registered with. Do they have all the answers? No, they don't. But any party that wants to roll back government and protect individual freedoms has most of it right.

And Trump - he's by far the closest to a 3rd Party / Libertarian that we will ever see in office.

So, you are voting for Trump.

You are no Libertarian then.

Did you not get an evacuation notice?

I have friends in South Carolina and I was concerned for them, but the hurricane dodged west and missed them.

I'm grateful you were not in the house when the tree fell on it!
No evacuation notice. I think people in mobile homes were advised but other than that, I did not hear an evacuation. ...Thanks, me too!

I'm also in SC. Power still out, but is just an inconvenience for me. Many about a hour up the road from me in chimney Rock have been flood out. Many people killed.
If you are familiar with 1-40 and 1-26, they are saying middle 2025 to rebuild them. I guess people that know the area will have to take small mountain roads. Do you have your power back? I wished I had a generator. Something for me to think about.

If you are familiar with 1-40 and 1-26, they are saying middle 2025 to rebuild them. I guess people that know the area will have to take small mountain roads. Do you have your power back? I wished I had a generator. Something for me to think about.
I'm at my mom's house. She just got her power back on. I actually traveled up to gatlinburg TN last Friday and came back Saturday to spart. SC. Google maps and GPS got me through western NC safely.

Forum List

Back