my new baby...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
gonna fly up to Wyoming in the next few weeks to take possession of her and drive her back to Louisiana...

T2eC16dcE9s4PupBRWJ0Htir60_3_zpsad592d0a.jpg

Dude...that'll be a long drive at 50MPH and 5MPG!

yeah... I know it's gonna be slow... 's okay... I'll be in no hurry to get home... I'm gonna be lovin' the drive back...

'n on the highway, I figure I should be able to get at least 15mpg, mebbe even close to 20mpg or better...

I know nothing about trucks, so explain why this one is so special? Looks nice, I just don't get why its so good?

I know nothing about trucks, so explain why this one is so special? Looks nice, I just don't get why its so good?

I guess it's sorta a guy thing, Noomi...

but anyhow, I'll try to explain why this particular truck is special to me...

for one, imho, this particular truck design (the Chevy "Advance Series" truck manufactured between 1947 and 1954) is nearly 'bout the most esthetically pleasing truck design ever made... it practically "smiles" at me... :)

for another, this particular truck is nearly 'bout the same age as me...

for another, the red color resonates with me...

for another, it's spent it's whole life as a hard-working farm/ranch truck...

for another, I can imagine using it, besides for work, for Mardi Gras parades and as a bandstand for local fais do-do's (Cajun dance parties)...

I'm a gal so no..it's not a guy sorta thing, lol. I LOVE it!! Especially the color. You gonna keep it that hue or change it? The wooden side rails would look AWESOME if they were panels with a space in between..nice and varnished but antiqued so it is not shiney looking NEW wood.

gonna fly up to Wyoming in the next few weeks to take possession of her and drive her back to Louisiana...

We can't talk about someone's family, well, I'm gonna break the rule right now.

Your "baby", looks straight out of the Grapes of Wrath.

Or in your case, the Wrath of Grapes.

Chrome wheels and chrome guard on the back where the black bar is now. You could take it to car shows!

I'm a gal so no..it's not a guy sorta thing, lol. I LOVE it!! Especially the color. You gonna keep it that hue or change it? The wooden side rails would look AWESOME if they were panels with a space in between..nice and varnished but antiqued so it is not shiney looking NEW wood.

it's gonna stay pretty much stay the way it looks in the pic... but without mountains in the background... :)

We can't talk about someone's family, well, I'm gonna break the rule right now.

Your "baby", looks straight out of the Grapes of Wrath.

Or in your case, the Wrath of Grapes.

you dunno shit from Shinola, other Bill... :)

Chrome wheels and chrome guard on the back where the black bar is now. You could take it to car shows!

'n why don't I chop it, 'n lower it, 'n put in a monster sound system while I'm at it...?

nah... I have no intention of pimping out/ bastardizing my baby... :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I sure hope that isn't the truck a guy buried his freshly-murdered estranged wife in 25 years ago. They dug her up 17 years later near Waltham, Wyoming, truck and all, sent him to the slammer, maybe ... :redface:

I sure hope that isn't the truck a guy buried his freshly-murdered estranged wife in 25 years ago. They dug her up 17 years later near Waltham, Wyoming, truck and all, sent him to the slammer, maybe ... :redface:

ummm... no...

actually, the guy that owned it died prematurely at a fairly young age (56)...

and I bought the truck from his widow... who breeds and raises yaks, of all things... :)

ummm... no...

actually, the guy that owned it died prematurely at a fairly young age (56)...

and I bought the truck from his widow... who breeds and raises yaks, of all things... :)

Make sure you have this on your MP3 player for the trip! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtTC3pGBjs4]The Coasters[/ame]

That's cool... very cool... looks like she might benefit from some new leaf springs though, get her back to OEM height.

Other than that, I'd keep it just the way it is... nice.

Is the bed a lift?

Forum List

Back