My New to Me 1967 Piper Cherokee 140

Me and the wife have had a Toy Hauler for years. Its on consignment now as we are shifting gears to another mode of travel. I learned to fly in 1996, had a lapse from 2003-2017, but I became current again last August. So, I'm not getting any younger so I bought my first plane. Renting for years is no comparison.

Its almost as old as I am lol

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg
Happy landings and find a third person if you and the wife are gonna join the mile high club....

Me and the wife have had a Toy Hauler for years. Its on consignment now as we are shifting gears to another mode of travel. I learned to fly in 1996, had a lapse from 2003-2017, but I became current again last August. So, I'm not getting any younger so I bought my first plane. Renting for years is no comparison.

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg

Awesome Cherokee, mang.

But I bet it's a bitch trying to find a parking spot at Walmart.
DOH! He uses a Huey for that!

Well that's nice. Those Huey Cobras are pretty good at clearing parking lots in a hurry.
Especially the trash.

Have you seen that video?

Oh yeah. What's scary is that it came out in 1997, 21 years ago. Those children are now seasoned captains who are mentoring the upcoming generation to be gadget nerds.

There has been a recent push to fly stabilized approaches. IOW, extend downwind and drag it in. I call the BS flag. I was taught when the runway environment is available, take it. So on my BFR last August, the CFI said I would have failed a check ride because abeam the numbers, I pulled power and soon after started my left base turn. IMO, dragging it in exposes one to another aircraft doing just what I did and turning in front of you.

Times are a changing

-Geaux

Okay! One more question. 1967 plane! What is that IPad plugged into?
Cigarette lighter.

Yes it was. But I was getting interference on my comms with Kansas City Center. Once home, another pilot told me the source is a well known problem. Don't plug into the cigarette lighter. I now use an external battery

-Geaux

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg
Happy landings and find a third person if you and the wife are gonna join the mile high club....

To take video? :banana:

-Geaux

I call the BS flag

Kids. Low and slow and below glide distance from the landing surface. Brilliant idea.

Long, straight in stabilized approaches are the norm for multiengine aircraft but singles have to be constantly vigilante for engine failure. The best insurance as you seem to know is to remain within gliding distance of your field.

Keep doing what you're doing please.

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg

Whats something like that run if you dont mind me asking?

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg
nice looking plane i learned to fly in a 140

and a Cessna 152

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg

Awesome Cherokee, mang.

But I bet it's a bitch trying to find a parking spot at Walmart.

usually not many small airports usually have a courtesy car for pilots

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg

To take video? :banana:

-Geaux
Well yes, as long as you have enough rope for the auto pilot.

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg

Whats something like that run if you dont mind me asking?

-Geaux

Forum List

Back