• OK, as always

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • OK, not as always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not too great, as always

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • not too great, not as always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Was it Thanksgiving? ("just another day")

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
My dad died in 2008....I deer hunted till 2016 then just quit. I just figured 50 opening days straight was a very good run.

Weird, my first buck on my first opening day was a eight point and so was my last buck on opening day 50 years later....With the same Marlin 336C .35 rifle....At least I went out on a high note. ;)

View attachment 731625

I still put the hurt to squirrels though. ;)

Nice buck with a solid rifle.

WB, the current GOP, the people actually RUNNING the GOP, controlling the money, etc., wants the same old GOP of Bob Dole and GW Bush. Happy now? :banana:

What I meant by my previous comment was more the definition of "conservative" than anything else.

At one time it was about fiscal responsibility, smaller gov't, less intrusive gov't, more personal responsibility and more individual freedom.

Now a GOP senator is trying to pass a bill to ban TikTok for chrissakes.

At one time it was about fiscal responsibility, smaller gov't, less intrusive gov't, more personal responsibility and more individual freedom.
None of that has changed except maybe the fiscal part because we are now so deeply stuck in a need to spend money to solve massive problems. But not spend it so wastefully as the Dems have.

Now a GOP senator is trying to pass a bill to ban TikTok for chrissakes.
As well he should. Tik Tok is the Chinese State and never should have been allowed in here in the first place.

None of that has changed except maybe the fiscal part because we are now so deeply stuck in a need to spend money to solve massive problems. But not spend it so wastefully as the Dems have.

As well he should. Tik Tok is the Chinese State and never should have been allowed in here in the first place.
So all of what I listed is still true, but we need the nanny state to protect us from an app?

Because friends don't let friends eat takeout for Thanksgiving we got together with friends....I visited my parents but didn't eat Thanksgiving with them.

I of course cooked.....
Turkey and all the trimmings. My friends mother did the stuffing but I did the rest. Apple pie with Topaz apples from North GA. Pecan pie, and of course a couple of pumpkin.

Lots of gravy and home made bread.

I ate myself silly as did everyone else.

Forum List

Back